Car Cuts Off Ambulance Twice While Transporting Patient from Khon Kaen to Chonburi

Georgealbert

23 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Psychotic Thai power trip. 

Another 24 hours of smiling and bowing while being treat like crap the next day. 

And no one ever in any other country does the same? You have no psychotic road rage drivers in your country? You don't even know the nationality of the driver. If it's a Thai person He probably  learned this from Americans.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

They must start to give very harsh penalties for this kind of behavior. I would say that person should have a minimum of 5 years. That should be 5 years full, as there is no need for confession. The proof is already there.

The smart thing would be to create enhanced penalties for doing this to emergency vehicles

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

And no one ever in any other country does the same? You have no psychotic road rage drivers in your country? You don't even know the nationality of the driver. If it's a Thai person He probably  learned this from Americans.

"You have no psychotic road rage drivers in your country? "

Thai drivers take it to a new level though! In my old country "road rage" doesn't entail shooting somebody because somebody nicked what you thought was your  parking space!!!

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

The Police can ask the judge to ban the driver from driving for (X) years, I expect, and to enjoy some jail time in the overcrowded Bangkok Hilton followed by 1,000 hours of community service. That will teach the driver a lesson he'll never forget. It will also reach the daily news and act as a warning to other Stupids.

This happened in Khon Kaen,  they have their own prison there, I don't understand the obsession some members have with the bangkok prisons.

3 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

They should be made to work with the ambulance crew for a week to see the sort of work they do and maybe it would help to rectify there immature behaviour then send them to prison to reflect on there actions 

I think that’s ab outstanding idea - perfect solution that ‘might’ actually teach them something & allow them to behave on the roads an a less antisocial manner.  

(depending on how much of a numb nut the individual is).

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, itsari said:

What was the patiants family doing following the ambulance , that sounds dubious 

And why?

You never accompany loved ones to the hospital.

Must be something very serious or special if the patient can not be treated in Khon Kaen.

(or the family just wants him nearby, who knows)

Ambulance driving on the right?

Why not, if you know the surface quality on many left lanes.

You want to bump from patch to patch, from pothole to pothole?

If there are two lanes in one direction just undertake and go your way.

What a moron.

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And why?

Must be something very serious or special if the patient can not be treated in Khon Kaen.

More likely the patient was registered to use a Pattaya government or SS hospital, and the local KK hospital didn't want to treat him for free (as condition not life threatening).

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And why?

Ambulance driving on the right?

Why not, if you know the surface quality on many left lanes.

You want to bump from patch to patch, from pothole to pothole?

If there are two lanes in one direction just undertake and go your way.

What a moron.

I never mentioned anything about what lane the ambulance was driving.

I leave the hospital personnel to attend to patients needing health professionals.

Following in your car will not be of any benefit to anyone.

Thank you for you compliment by the way.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

I never mentioned anything about what lane the ambulance was driving.

I leave the hospital personnel to attend to patients needing health professionals.

Following in your car will not be of any benefit to anyone.

Thank you for you compliment by the way.

Most Thai hospitals want family members to provide 24hr care for patients.

Especially if paying extra for a private room.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most Thai hospitals want family members to provide 24hr care for patients.

Especially if paying extra for a private room.

I have seen how Government hospitals encourage family participation in the patients care. 

On 10/15/2024 at 10:47 AM, Georgealbert said:

IMG_6868.jpeg

A road rage incident involving a private ambulance and a reckless driver took place early on October 15. A video clip shared by Facebook group “Udon Has Checkpoints, News, Molam, and Events” shows a car dangerously cutting off an ambulance twice while it was transporting a patient from Khon Kaen to Chonburi for treatment.

The incident occurred at 03:05 as recorded by the dash-cam of the private ambulance. The ambulance was traveling in the right lane when a white car overtook from the left, abruptly cut in front of the ambulance, and slowed down. The ambulance driver moved to the left lane to pass. However, the same car again overtook from the right and repeated the dangerous manoeuvre, stopping in front of the ambulance as if attempting to cause a crash.

The ambulance’s sirens were activated in an attempt to alert the driver, but the car continued its erratic behaviour . The ambulance driver later explained that two other cars carrying the patient’s relatives were following closely behind and witnessed the entire incident.

The driver stated, “We were driving from Khon Kaen towards Chonburi for medical treatment when this car suddenly appeared, cutting in front of us with high beams on. I initially thought the driver might have been startled, so I switched lanes. However, the car overtook us again and repeated the same reckless action.”

He emphasised that there had been no previous altercation with the car driver and that the ambulance had been driving normally, with his blue lights on. He urged the driver responsible for the dangerous behaviour to reflect on the potential consequences, saying, “If the patient in the ambulance had been their own family member, how would they feel?”

The incident is under investigation, with many online expressing concern over the dangers of such reckless driving, particularly when it could endangers lives in an emergency situation.

Picture from dash-cam, which is below.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-15

news-footer-2.png

image.png

The car driver should not have done this and should be punished but also take into consideration that the ambulance was not on a emergency run. Khon Koen to Chonburi the paitent was defiantly not in the need of emergency care

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Mental illnesses have no borders, and are in every country. You don't learn bad behavior from other countries but from not being raised in a safe, non abusive, non neglected environment, meaning at home.

I,am sure this happens many times,thai drivers will not care.I have seen it many times in cnx.This time it is filmed but nothing will happen from it,sometimes i have seen them behind the ambulance keeping pace to with the ambulance too

On 10/15/2024 at 10:47 AM, Georgealbert said:

it was transporting a patient from Khon Kaen to Chonburi for treatment.

My word, that is a long distance by ambulance for treatment - around 450kms depending on what route.

Khon Kaen has several good hospitals so there must be a reason. 

On 10/15/2024 at 10:56 AM, JeffersLos said:

Psychotic Thai power trip. 

Another 24 hours of smiling and bowing while being treat like crap the next day. 

Some people here find a racial angle in everything.  I would say Thailand is one of the countries in the world with the lowest amount of road rage, and here you are blaming Thai culture and society for one guy's bad behavior based on a dashcam video.  My response would be, if society here is as awful as you say, then why is it "psychotic" to be angry about it?  Second of all, if you want to see a sick society, I can show you many videos like this from the fake democracy in America, where everyone seems to be currently angry as hell about almost everything.  There, instead of cutting off ambulances, they shoot at each other or get out and fight in the streets or other wild malicious acts.

5 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Some people here find a racial angle in everything.  I would say Thailand is one of the countries in the world with the lowest amount of road rage, and here you are blaming Thai culture and society for one guy's bad behavior based on a dashcam video.  My response would be, if society here is as awful as you say, then why is it "psychotic" to be angry about it?  Second of all, if you want to see a sick society, I can show you many videos like this from the fake democracy in America, where everyone seems to be currently angry as hell about almost everything.  There, instead of cutting off ambulances, they shoot at each other or get out and fight in the streets or other wild malicious acts.

Your last sentence actually described the goings on daily here.

On 10/15/2024 at 2:47 PM, Georgealbert said:

The ambulance was traveling in the right lane when a white car overtook from the left, abruptly cut in front of the ambulance, and slowed down. The ambulance driver moved to the left lane to pass. However, the same car again overtook from the right and repeated the dangerous manoeuvre, stopping in front of the ambulance as if attempting to cause a crash

A practice known as "dogging" according to my nephew. However, I don't think even he would have imagined in his wildest dreams anyone doing it to an ambulance, in any country.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

And no one ever in any other country does the same?

Having lived in various countries in various continents I can confirm that I have never witnessed car drivers purposefully pulling in front of ambulances that have lights and siren on, then slowing down to make them stop.

I have witnessed it in Thailand half a dozen times with my own eyes, and maybe 20 or 30 times in the news here. 

Some very thoughtless remarks here.  The ambulance just may have been in the right hand lane because it just may be expecting to be able to pass other vehicles as it just may have been exceeding the speed of most vehicles.

Some ambulances may seem to not have emergency cases in the back.  Ever thought they may be on the way to an emergency?  Or perhaps delivering blood to a hospital for an emergency operation?

Why would relatives be following?  Gees, I dunno.  It's not anyone would GAF about a family member!

• Agree 1