Dutch Tourist Hurls Objects at Udon Thani Café Staff Over Change Dispute

webfact

I think the friend who took the money should be charged with theft, he is more culpable in my opinion.

Most people would be angry if they thought they were being short changed by 130 baht. That doesn't excuse his behaviour, he should also be charged. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Blitz

On October 14, at 1:00 p.m., police from Udon Thani, led by Lt. Col. Prabda Suksontree, responded to an altercation involving a foreign tourist who allegedly threw items at café staff in a row over a 130-baht change discrepancy.

The incident took place at the Sky Blue café on Prachak Silpakom Road, where a man identified as Max, 59, from the Netherlands, was seen on CCTV hurling a fan and ashtrays at staff during a drunken outburst in the early hours of October 13.

The café owner, Ms. Wasithi Lhachan, 39, explained that Max began arguing over the change after handing over a 1,000-baht note for an 870-baht bill.

As a friend pocketed the change as a joke, Max, apparently unaware of this, accused staff of short-changing him. The heated dispute led him to violently toss a fan and ashtrays, injuring Ms. Wasithi on her right arm and the cashier, Ms. Pawina Piansabai, 34, on her leg.

Lt. Col. Prabda, along with another officer, invited both parties to the local police station to negotiate compensation. Max’s Thai wife, also present, requested to assess the damage before any settlement, while Max expressed regret, agreeing to face consequences for his actions.

Ms. Wasithi, shaken by the incident, shared that Max, an acquaintance of a friend, had previously been a well-behaved visitor. She called on Max to respect Thai laws and resolve the matter peacefully, to prevent further incidents and ensure the safety of local businesses, reported Matichon Online.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-15

news-footer-3.png

image.png

Send him to the Netherlands, low IQ guy. We have enough idiots here already.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AngryMan said:

I'll bet his Thai wife is so proud that she has him in her life!  Don't worry sweetheart, he will be gone soon (life insurance🥳) with an attitude like that! Plus he does not look like the healthiest man in town☠️! How can one man be so unhappy (booze) in the Land of Smiles? I think he needs a ticket back to his roots to see how things are progressing in Europe!

IMG_2384.png

"Lt. Col. Prabda, along with another officer, invited both parties to the local police station to negotiate compensation."

Really? I can imagine that Ms. Wasithi Lhachan will be advised how much to ask for (as well as having to pay for the "advice") 🙂

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

First, it takes a real man to drink over his limit, so he can´t talk about a problem in a calm manner. Total idiot, and such person we do NOT need in Thailand. In his own language he behave onmenselijk, which means barbaric translated from Dutch.

Over to his very funny friend, that takes the change as a joke, and refrain from telling that when the problem escalate. Very good friend. Such dumb people should be asked to take an IQ test before entry to the kingdom.

These idiots do give us foreigners a bad reputation, no matter what We do!

if there is a financial cost for the medical injuries, then he will have to compensate for them...

Maybe the employees can collect work comp benefits but I don't see any other financial awards....

He might try baseball as he seems to be on target...  

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

This is courtesy of ThaiRath TV.

From the video it looks like the Thai lady knows exactly where the change went but the “ friend “ is escalating the situation by not coming clean.

Dutchie and his buddy should be taken out and shot at dawn or made to listen to Thai music nonstop for a week !!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Max, 59, from the Netherlands, was seen on CCTV hurling a fan and ashtrays at staff during a drunken outburst

Hey, hey, it's about time we heard about a crazy Dutchman. 

The Dutch have been so quiet lately 👍

INCOMING, wow, that fan got a lesson in flying. 

He's going to pop his clogs, he's huge. That blood pressure is rising. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

As a friend pocketed the change as a joke, Max, apparently unaware of this, accused staff of short-changing him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max, his Thai wife, Cafe owner, and her worker.

Where is the real guilty one who hid the change?

Without that stupid stunt, this whole trouble didn't even start.

So the bar bill was less than a 1000 baht  and the change was maybe 4 euro he had quite a lot to drink as many do, but to get violent over 4 euro.

The only advise here is let the staff keep the change as many do .if you live here or come here often it is the good thing to do ,

he has apologized as it said has paid the Damage  

his mate thinks its a great joke but does not see the danger   for escalations  but over 4 euro there might be say 5000 baht or more  compensation  

i hope the lesson is learnt  and they act like adults 

jail all this other things that people are saying  well maybe one day you also loose  it in a bar and do the same 

next day you Feel an idiot if you have a brain go back and apologies  if you see the intervening copper buy him a coffee or what he likes give him 200 baht for his lunch  and wish him well .

case closed .

There is a reason why the old saying "Go Dutch" next he never really try to find a calm reasoning...What a Quality Farang over short Change...Thailand always Have...Low and Cheap person....

3 hours ago, AngryMan said:

I'll bet his Thai wife is so proud that she has him in her life!  Don't worry sweetheart, he will be gone soon (life insurance🥳) with an attitude like that! Plus he does not look like the healthiest man in town☠️! How can one man be so unhappy (booze) in the Land of Smiles? I think he needs a ticket back to his roots to see how things are progressing in Europe!

why should he go back just to find his'roots ' ?