Pink I.D Card & Yellow Book

From the OP..."

I would like to get a pink ID card and a yellow book.

What do I need to do and what do I need to get in advance?

The OP is not asking re usefulness of pink ID etc.

Off topic post removed 

On 10/16/2024 at 3:41 PM, scorecard said:
On 10/16/2024 at 1:28 PM, bigt3116 said:

I am told that you can only do the lump sum and continue health if you work for less than 15 years, after that it is pension and no option for health?

I'm not knowledgeable about that item. Suggestions:

- Call 1506 the SSF Hotline and check, 

On 10/16/2024 at 1:35 PM, NanLaew said:

If you tell the Revenue Office that you have a yellow/book/pink card when applying for a TIN, they will use that number for your TIN.

They also may not.

TiT

YMMV

LOL

My Thai Tax number if different to my pink ID card number.

In case you missed it,

They also may not.

TiT

YMMV

LOL

18 minutes ago, transam said:

What is ridiculous about a yellow book, besides you were having trouble getting one......?   🤭

i never tried, the requirements were ridiculous, ok if you have nothing else to do like you. For a start drag 2 thai people to Pattaya City Hall, 2nd, birth certificate with parents names, 3rd translated passport, but not required for Immigration, it's nonsense for something you don't need

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i never tried, the requirements were ridiculous, ok if you have nothing else to do like you. For a start drag 2 thai people to Pattaya City Hall, 2nd, birth certificate with parents names, 3rd translated passport, but not required for Immigration, it's nonsense for something you don't need

Oh dear, you can't handle the minor inconvenience to get a book where you probably never need a residence letter for anything, you missed that bit out...........😋

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

For those living in and around Pattaya, a claim that yellow books are sometimes useless might carry a little weight.

I agree with the usefulness of a yellow book but it must be quite disappointing for someone who went through the application process only to find their local DLT does not accept yellow books as proof of residence. 

I know of two fairly recent cases where the yellow book was not accepted when renewing a driving licence at Chon Buri DLT. Reason given by this office for rejecting yellow books is that people move address without updating the yellow book whereas in most cases immigration carries up to date address information.

For those who wish to question this, a call to the Pattaya Chon Buri office will provide the latest ruling on yellow books and pink cards.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

For those living in and around Pattaya, a claim that yellow books are sometimes useless might carry a little weight.

They are sometimes useless in and around anywhere. Other times, they are useful, including in and around Pattaya. No one has claimed that yellow books/pink cards are necessary (usual straw man argument here), merely convenient sometimes. Like many others, I find the conveniences outweigh the initial minor inconvenience of acquisition.

37 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

t must be quite disappointing for someone who went through the application process only to find their local DLT does not accept yellow books as proof of residence. 

Chonburi DLT accepted mine 3 years ago. They will try to discourage you, so persistence was key. Showing copy of chanote is good corroboration.

39 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

eason given by this office for rejecting yellow books is that people move address without updating the yellow book whereas in most cases immigration carries up to date address information.

Laughable, as Immigration will use the yellow book to issue a COR.

41 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

For those who wish to question this, a call to the Pattaya Chon Buri office will provide the latest ruling on yellow books and pink cards.

A call may get a canned response. I went there prepared. 'Course, there is a chance you may waste a trip. Oh well.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Oh dear, you can't handle the minor inconvenience to get a book where you probably never need a residence letter for anything, you missed that bit out...........😋

Life goes on without the yellow book, i only think about it when someone posts a thread and the yellow book people come out the woodwork 

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Life goes on without the yellow book, i only think about it when someone posts a thread and the yellow book people come out the woodwork 

That's the envy thing, it will wear off over time, just crack on.......:intheclub:

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

But you're always sure to jump in and try to derail the topic with irrelevance as if it's about you. Why is that?

• Agree 1