Trump Crumbles When Pressed on Economic Policy in Tense Interview

placeholder

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Another tough outing for Mr Trump??

Donald Trump spoke at a Georgia town hall on Tuesday to address women’s issues - it turned out the “town” was populated by only GOP backers hand-selected by Fox News.

Trump held a “town hall” to talk women’s issues, but only GOP backers were there - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-town-hall-women-georgia-b2629936.html

This is one of those cheap political tricks that are sadly becoming more and more common. I understand that attendees should be security checked and screened before going in the room with a candidate, but the idea of staging it as a theatrical production is embarrassing. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Possibly.  But it won't be me. If Harris wins, I think it's bad for the US and bad for the world, but I won't be 'bitterly disappointed'.  Life goes on.  Plus, by that time Canada will have elected a good Conservative Prime Minister, so ya take the good with the bad. 

If said PM was to be of Sikh origin then things could indeed get interesting.

50 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

If said PM was to be of Sikh origin then things could indeed get interesting.

Jesus no.  The Sikh are causing enough trouble as it is back home. Enough stress between Canada and India now as it is. 

6 hours ago, Inderpland said:

To be fair, @frank83628 gets nailed on a regular basis.😁

Here's more on the interview - it's a complete s*** show.

Trump Lashes Out at Live Fact-Checks During Disaster of an Interview

'Bloomberg’s top editor, John Micklethwait, pressed Trump on issues ranging from immigration, proposed tariffs, the dissolution of some of America’s biggest corporations, foreign policy with regard to Taiwan, and ultimately to the country’s fate post–Election Day. But Trump, seemingly, wasn’t prepared with answers.

The former president elicited groans from the crowd while dodging questions about his proposed foreign tariff plan, which includes a 200 percent tariff (which Trump insinuated could even be as high as 2,000 percent) on foreign cars.'

If you tell the truth, the fact checkers have nothing to do. and you have nothing to worry about.

OTOH if you lie and the fact checkers catch you out there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Claiming that everybody else is wrong and only you are right especially when you are fact checked and called on it, simply makes you look stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

the irony of an anti trumper derangement crew member calling someone a hypocrite.....

What a meaningless word salad. I guess in your head that is an erudite response, but taking into account the person you venerate, it is only natural that you regard this as an appropriate putdown.
Back to the hive for you.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Been there, done that. Nobody cares but desperate Democrats. Voters care about the issues- especially the economy, immigration, and inflation.  Not the president's cholesterol.

You stole that fatuous attempt at deflection from Mike Johnson.
He liked it so much he used it twice in the same interview,

2 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

You stole that fatuous attempt at deflection from Mike Johnson.
He liked it so much he used it twice in the same interview,

Glad to see you are taking the time to enjoy the Speaker's skills in dealing with the biased legacy media!

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Glad to see you are taking the time to enjoy the Speaker's skills in dealing with the biased legacy media!

So you do admit to plagiarism ?
Skills  ? You mean not answering the question ?    deflect, protect, deflect, protect.

3 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

So you do admit to plagiarism ?
Skills  ? You mean not answering the question ?    deflect, protect, deflect, protect.

Yes, I admit to following the Biden/Harris technique of plagiarising those I want to.