FBI Quietly Revises Crime Stats Upward, Trump was Right at Debate

Yagoda

4 hours ago, Yagoda said:

And guess when that big jump in crime stats began: 2020. Now who was President back then?

The U.S. murder rate rose 30% between 2019 and 2020 – the largest single-year increase in more than a century, according to data published this month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The findings align with a separate tabulation of the nation’s murder rate published in September by the FBI.

image.png.2e3c1a5049282174b3bb83b9b1b26cb6.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/10/27/what-we-know-about-the-increase-in-u-s-murders-in-2020/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And guess when that big jump in crime stats began: 2020. Now who was President back then?

The U.S. murder rate rose 30% between 2019 and 2020 – the largest single-year increase in more than a century, according to data published this month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The findings align with a separate tabulation of the nation’s murder rate published in September by the FBI.

image.png.2e3c1a5049282174b3bb83b9b1b26cb6.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/10/27/what-we-know-about-the-increase-in-u-s-murders-in-2020/

Spin it but thats not exactly the point is it?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Well, given that Trump has been denouncing the high level of crime under the Biden administration, when it actually began during his administration, it clearly is.

4 hours ago, Yagoda said:

One thing native speakers of English understand is that there's a difference between a lie and a falsehood. A lie is a falsehood deliberately told. Can you share with us your proof that  the FBI lied. This is like claiming that because the the employment level was adjusted downward recently, the BLS had been lying to help the Biden administration instead of  ultimately  having more complete information.

Also, I'd like to see this confirmed by someone who is not John Lott. He has quite a sleazy history when it comes to data analyis:

In the course of a dispute with Otis Dudley Duncan in 1999–2000,[48][49] Lott claimed to have undertaken a national survey of 2,424 respondents in 1997, the results of which were the source for claims he had made beginning in 1997.[49] However, in 2000 Lott was unable to produce the data or any records showing that the survey had been undertaken. He said the 1997 hard drive crash that had affected several projects with co-authors had destroyed his survey data set,[50] the original tally sheets had been abandoned with other personal property in his move from Chicago to Yale, and he could not recall the names of any of the students who he said had worked on it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lott

He also used what is called a "sock puppet" to praise himself on the internet. In this context a "sock puppet" is a false identity. I wish I could say that i'm surprised that Real Clear Politics used such a sleazy character, but, as its roster of it own columnists show, and the fact that it also owns Western Journal,  it's an extreme right wing media business.

Edited by placeholder

59 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

The only chance I get to see comments from the ignored 

is when you reply!.

The fact of the matter is biden lied, Trump was right about crime figures and 79% of Americans 

see our country is going in the wrong direction.Why?

3-1/2 years of harris / biden weak leadership.The world & America is worse off than ever before!

Edited by riclag
  • Love It 1

48 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, given that Trump has been denouncing the high level of crime under the Biden administration, when it actually began during his administration, it clearly is.

Wow. You truly are sad.

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

The only chance I get to see comments from the ignored 

is when you reply!.

The fact of the matter is biden lied, Trump was right about crime figures and 79% of Americans 

see our country is going in the wrong direction.Why?

3-1/2 years of harris / biden weak leadership.The world & America is worse off than ever before!

Dude you need to unignore them, the closer we get to the election and the more their lies are exposed, the more hysterical they get, its becoming hilarious.

• Love It 1

57 minutes ago, placeholder said:

2020...  Wasn't that the summer of luv and mostly peaceful arson, looting and murder?  When the lefties were out encouraging the rioters and raising bail so they didn't have to stop and wait for their trial before they were back out in the scrum? 

When Trump was demonized for trying to do something about the violence?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Dude you need to unignore them, the closer we get to the election and the more their lies are exposed, the more hysterical they get, its becoming hilarious.

I’ll do that on November 6th.

For one day!

No sooner, cause they don’t share the same values , as I do.Most are from

another country, and don’t have any 

idea what the Washington Establishment has done to our country .

Crime

Economy

Media

DNC

Gov, 3 letter intel agencies .

Have all  gone to hell in a hand basket !

These radical dems who control the Government, aren’t the same as when I was growing up and voted for!

It all stopped for me with Obama in 2012, after voting for him in 2008.

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

2020...  Wasn't that the summer of luv and mostly peaceful arson, looting and murder?  When the lefties were out encouraging the rioters and raising bail so they didn't have to stop and wait for their trial before they were back out in the scrum? 

When Trump was demonized for trying to do something about the violence?

There it is ! You brought the receipts!

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

When Trump was demonized for trying to so something about the violence?

The most reliable statistics about violence are homicides because unlike other  crimes, they are more likely to be reported.

"Homicides are frequently used as an indicator of crime more generally, particularly violent crime. .. This is mostly because, compared to other types of crimes, homicides tend to be more precisely registered and homicide data is usually more complete (Oberwittler, 2019; Smit et al., 2012). The reason for better registration of homicide statistics relative to other crimes is quite simple: homicides leave a body behind and as such it is less likely that this type of event will remain unreported (Liem, 2022; Ouimet and Montmagny-Grenier, 2014). 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/14773708231211170

image.png.d6a5d0825f7693e199f9311e47ad5af6.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191134/reported-murder-and-nonnegligent-manslaughter-cases-in-the-us-since-1990/

The figures I've seen run as high as 25 deaths in total. Not much of a blip considering how huge the jump in homicides was. Actually, unprecedented for a year to year jump.

42 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

It's funny, it's people like riclag who most need my help. Take for example this subject he put on the soapbox:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191134/reported-murder-and-nonnegligent-manslaughter-cases-in-the-us-since-1990/

Bascially, the Missouri Attorney General went after Media Matters for exercising it's first Amendment rights. Which riclag approved of. That's bad enough. But what makes it incontestable that he needs my help, is that when he posted this, the courts had already ruled that the AG's attempt was a violation of the First Amendment of the Constitution. But since he had me on ignore, there was no way of informing him. I did post something about this on the thread. If you were a true friend of his, you would have helped to educate him by pointing out his error. 

EDIT: You could still help him now.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, riclag said:

These radical dems who control the Government, aren’t the same as when I was growing up and voted for!

It all stopped for me with Obama in 2012, after voting for him in 2008.

This could be what is known as "concern trolling". Pretend to have something in common with those you disagree with in order to disarm them. Given your absolute and unequivocal support of Trump, it's extremely unlikely that your claim about where you once stood politically holds water. 

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

This could be what is known as "concern trolling". Pretend to have something in common with those you disagree with in order to disarm them. Given your absolute and unequivocal support of Trump, it's extremely unlikely that your claim about where you once stood politically holds water. 

Spin propbot spin, all your straw manning about the crime rate doesnt change what the topic is here.