Illegal to change lanes on a bridge?

Was driving a rental car in Bangkok the other day and got stopped by police at the Pratunam intersection, going north on Ratchadamri Road and turning east on Phetchaburi Road.

I had to change lanes just before the solid line started, but still a dashed line. It's my first time driving in Bangkok and on this road, so I wasn't sure if one or two lanes could turn. It was in rush hour and I was coming out from the Central World parking garage so had to make my way over all the way from left to right. The car in front of me also changed lanes at the same spot as me, just before the line became solid.

Unfortunately there was a police check at the intersection and they stopped me and said I changed lanes illegally, that the bridge was a "safety zone" and illegal to change lanes on it. They also showed a road sign on the phone which they supposedly thought supported their claim, although it was actually a sign forbidding passing other cars. 

Long story short they started off at 2000 baht and eventually lowered it to 500 baht cash payment after a few minutes of debating. 

But now I wonder if I even did anything wrong? I have reviewed my dashcam footage and I'm clearly changing lanes before the solid lines. Although I am holding up traffic behind me since the cars on the right won't let me in. 

16 minutes ago, BadCash said:

But now I wonder if I even did anything wrong? I have reviewed my dashcam footage and I'm clearly changing lanes before the solid lines. Although I am holding up traffic behind me since the cars on the right won't let me in. 

Next time, tell them to review your dash-cam and they will back down.