Visit Thailand for just under 90 days with Thai wife. Visa advice please.

Visiting Thailand from UK end of November to 23 February with my Thai wife.

We haven't been back for a couple of years so would like advice please on the best visa option.

Is the 60 day tourist visa on entry still available, and how best to extend that for another 28 days?  

Grateful for any advice please.

OP, being UK you could do as @Mutt Daeng suggested and obtain a non O eVisa.

Based on marriage or retirement (if 50+) 

That option would avoid and dealings with immigration.

Yes visa exempt entry is currently 60 days and can be extended by 30 days at immigration.

That would require a TM30 and 1900b cost of extension.

Airline at departure may require an onward flight within 60 days.

You have a return ticket (same airline?) should not be an issue with explanation that you are obtaining 30 day extension.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, being UK you could do as @Mutt Daeng suggested and obtain a non O eVisa.

Based on marriage or retirement (if 50+) 

That option would avoid and dealings with immigration.

But it would require financials;

Retirement

"Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 65,000 THB (£1,500) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (£18,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
- Applicant's recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address ( Screenshots are not accepted). For monthly income of last 3 months no less than £1,500/ month.

"

Marriage

"Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB (£1,000) or having the current balance of 400,000 THB (£10,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
- Applicant's recent official UK/Ireland bank statement shows your name, address ( Screenshots are not accepted). For monthly income of last 3 months no less than £1,000/ month."

The above are from the RTE London.

Maybe a 60 visa exempt and a 30 day extension is less hassle?

36 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

But it would require financials;

Of course it requires financials.

The OP would need to satisfy those requirements.

Obviously it would be funds in bank.

If that's not possible then he can enter Thailand visa exempt and obtain 30 day extension. 

4 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I just mentioned it, because no-one else had.

No, but you could have advised the OP of his 2 options in your first post, but you didn't!

Yet you have a penchant to quote and criticise others that don't, rather than just post any additional information you feel relevant.

Recent experience from myself

Intended to (and will hopefully) make use of 60 day visa exempt entry with 30 day extension than trip out of country for a week rinse and repeat

Bizarrely I was actually asked for the Visa (in advance) 10 days ago at Heathrow and supervisor initally confirmed it but then relented

Even more bizarrely I was asked at immigration at Bangkok "no visa this time" as well  before stamping me in for 60 days

Absolute first at both ends !

25 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

No, but you could have advised the OP of his 2 options in your first post, but you didn't!

Yet you have a penchant to quote and criticise others that don't, rather than just post any additional information you feel relevant.

Very true, I could have done, in my first post I advised what I thought was the best option.

Once other people posted another option, but failed to mention the financials aspect, I added additional information that I felt was relevant.

Can't see any criticism in my above posts? 

Don't blame me for others incomplete advice.

Have a great day!

(PS It would appear that you are stalking and trolling me, posting troll posts nearly every time I make a post. For instance, your post here against me added absolutely nothing to the op's post.)

Edited by bigt3116
add info

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

Don't blame me for others incomplete advice.

On 10/19/2024 at 4:35 AM, bigt3116 said:

Yes a visa exempt entry will give you 60 days and you can extend once for 30 days at your local immigration.

But omitting the fact he'd need to file a TM30 first, in order to apply for an extension, which entering on a Non Imm O visa and therefore not requiring to extend, a TM30 needn't be filed.

Just additional information to your incomplete post.

• Haha 1

OP, as you can read from all the posts really comes down to non O vs visa exempt entry+ 30 day extension.

Where you will be staying comes into play to some extent. 

Access to immigration office etc.

One advantage of the non O is zero dealing with immigration after you arrive..

Also possible requirement from airline to have onward flight within the 60 days would not be necessary with a Visa

Granted there are ways around that.

Google "onwardticket.com"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

which entering on a Non Imm O visa and therefore not requiring to extend, a TM30 needn't be filed.

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, “House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.

A TM30 according to the law would require filing in either case.

🙂

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

A TM30 according to the law would require filing in either case.

True, however in reality visitors to Thailand  only need a TM30 if having dealings with immigration.

Common one for tourists is extension.

In the OP situation if obtaining a non O he would do nothing regards TM30 unlike extending a visa exempt entry which require a TM30 printout 

• Like 2