Indian Tourists Spark Outrage for Littering into Sea at North Pattaya Beach

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A group of Indian tourists sparked outrage online from Thai netizenw after being caught littering into the sea at North Pattaya Beach, despite warnings by a nearby local resident to stop.

An online uproar erupted after TikTok user @yotin224 posted a video showing a group of foreign tourists, identified by the video owner as Indian, drinking and throwing bottles into the sea at North Pattaya Beach.

The group, consisting of three men, continued to throw garbage into the sea, despite being warned in English by the video owner to stop. This prompted the local to film the incident as evidence and threaten to call the police, forcing the tourists to eventually leave the scene. However, they reportedly mocked the local and laughed at him before leaving.

According to Mr. Yothin, the person who filmed the video, he saw the Indian tourists throwing bottles into the sea and approached them to warn them. He politely told them in English not to litter, but they ignored his warning and continued their behavior.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-10-19

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Mr. Yothin, the person who filmed the video, he saw the Indian tourists throwing bottles into the sea and approached them to warn them. He politely told them in English not to litter, but they ignored his warning and continued their behavior.

Just how many bottles did these Indians bring with them to the beach?

Years ago I used to watch a beach chair vendor clean up his patch, collecting all the rubbish  as the sun set and tossing it into the sea where the tide took it away from his area.... anyone guess his nationality. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

just another Thai who just couldn't mind his own god damn business. 

did they throw 1 bottle into the water, 2 ? how many ?  ...    what 'rubbish' did they throw into the water  ? how much ... ?

I've seen many a Thai throw wrappers onto the ground walking down a soi ...  they don't care so why should the Indians. 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Thais complaining about people throwing their rubbish anywhere but in a garbage bin.

Most certainly these Indian tourists thought that the Thais were just being friendly, and joking about their behavior...

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

THE story is about Thailand ...   not the USA     !!

Story is about Indians littering, but our American friend turned it into a Thai bash. 
As you have. 
You need to get over yourselves.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

a group of Indian, drinking and throwing bottles into the sea at North Pattaya Beach

Look, they couldn't afford any of the venues in Pattaya, so they did the next best thing to entertain themselves.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

just another Thai who just couldn't mind his own god damn business. 

did they throw 1 bottle into the water, 2 ? how many ?  ...    what 'rubbish' did they throw into the water  ? how much ... ?

I've seen many a Thai throw wrappers onto the ground walking down a soi ...  they don't care so why should the Indians. 

Throwing bottles into the sea is plain stupidity.  The glass bottles can break on the pebbles and then someone could get seriously injured if they stand on the broken glass.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Throwing bottles into the sea is plain stupidity.  The glass bottles can break on the pebbles and then someone could get seriously injured if they stand on the broken glass.

I had experienced this, myself!

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Everyone should care, but sadly many don't. 

It's awful behavior. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ravip said:

In reality, we have to accept the fact that the Thais are in general clean

So is it all us Falangs and other foreigners who throw litter out of their cars or off their motor bikes?

I think not.