Trump ahead in all battleground states - ALL OF THEM!

theblether

1 minute ago, Talon said:

Hope not.

It will be better for the US to get OUT of NATO. That organization is a bunch of Euro deadbeats who want the US to do everything and pay for everything. It's long overdue for Europe to take care of itself.

No, Stay in NATO, move the UN to Turkey 

I can't really be bothered getting into the Russian military debate. There's going to be a few other people on this forum who have a military background and don't just sit in their basement making up scare stories. But here goes: 

Conventional war only. 

Russia cannot defeat NATO. The notion is laughable and Russia has known this since at least 1982. I say again, the notion is laughable. 

The biggest con trick played on the Western public in my lifetime was the notion that Russia could invade and defeat our forces. Under no circumstances was that ever going to be the case. NATO always knew that the Russian military was dysfunctional. They knew because among other things, NATO were allowed to observe Soviet exercises in person. I know that as I, personally, witnessed Soviets inspect my troops position. 

The utter failure of Russia to defeat Ukraine is only a taster of how bad things are in the Russian military. They've already lost the majority of their professional army and NATO hasn't lost a single soldier. 

In my opinion, if Poland alone attacked Russia it would crush them. Only Poland. 

But from a conventional point of view, troops from Finland, the Baltic states, Poland, all.the way down and round to Ukraine invading Russia? Then in the Far East the US Navy and Marine Corps pouring in before Aliied support from countries such as Australia? 

The Russians cannot defend their border from NATO attack. It cannot be done. It's too long, too vast, and they don't have the troops numbers. It would be comparable to the Turkey Run in Desert Storm or the Shock & Awe of the Iraq War. 

Why is it a con trick? Because the amount of money spent on unnecessary military build up could be spent on improving infrastructure. US infrastructure is under real pressure, and it will take another 30 years for Europe to bring Eastern European former Soviet infrastructure up to standard. 

We've been lied to by the military industrial complex for years. Eisenhower warned us. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Talon said:

Hope not.

It will be better for the US to get OUT of NATO. That organization is a bunch of Euro deadbeats who want the US to do everything and pay for everything. It's long overdue for Europe to take care of itself.

That's not true. NATO has supported US interests forever. I've watched US forces and NATO move in tandem many times. It's  a sight to behold. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I say get out of both and include the WHO, World Bank and IMF. 

US autonomy and sovereignty is more important than all of those international organizations combined.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Turkey is a historical fault line that people underestimate. It's in the Wests interests to tie Turkey deeper into our orbit. 

1 minute ago, Talon said:

I say get out of both and include the WHO, World Bank and IMF. 

US autonomy and sovereignty is more important than all of those international organizations combined.

The last time you went for isolation WW2 erupted. And you are requesting that the US surrenders power over the five most influential organisations on the planet? 

Come on, wake up. 

2 minutes ago, theblether said:

The last time you went for isolation WW2 erupted. And you are requesting that the US surrenders power over the five most influential organisations on the planet? 

Come on, wake up. 

WIDE awake.

We will not agree.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theblether said:

Turkey is a historical fault line that people underestimate. It's in the Wests interests to tie Turkey deeper into our orbit. 

Which makes it a great place for the US, I do not want the US out of the UN, I want the UN out of the US. 

And I want the US to stay in NATO. 

• Love It 1

43 minutes ago, Talon said:

WIDE awake.

We will not agree.

You have autonomy. 

You have the power of veto. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theblether said:

You have autonomy. 

You have the power of veto. 

The US pays for the majority of all of it; and the US is saddled with doing most of the work. With 32 NATO countries, the US should only be involved in 1/32 of NATO operations and financing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Well he's stuck his neck out now saying he will end the war within 24 hours b4 being sworn in.

He will now have some big arms manufacturers against him ,Blackrock etc., 

However if he does do this then thank god someone has some sense to end the senselessness that the current maniacs are pushing , the world into a third world war , for nothing -but to destroy and take over Russia , which they are not capable of doing without destroying the world, idiots in power just making money for arms manufacturers. And killing innocent people, and committing genocide in Gaza.

I am most happy to see that you are one who agrees with my friend, Noam.

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Well he's stuck his neck out now saying he will end the war within 24 hours b4 being sworn in.

He will now have some big arms manufacturers against him ,Blackrock etc., 

However if he does do this then thank god someone has some sense to end the senselessness that the current maniacs are pushing , the world into a third world war , for nothing -but to destroy and take over Russia , which they are not capable of doing without destroying the world, idiots in power just making money for arms manufacturers. And killing innocent people, and committing genocide in Gaza.

He hasn't really stuck his neck though......he is quite relaxed about spewing forth any old rubbish....remember the wall and the mexicans paying for it?.....just more of the same......he has lied, cheated and conned for so long now people are just inured to it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Talon said:

The US pays for the majority of all of it; and the US is saddled with doing most of the work. With 32 NATO countries, the US should only be involved in 1/32 of NATO operations and financing.

That's patently absurd. So tiny Estonia should pay the same amount as massive USA? You should rethink this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

He hasn't really stuck his neck though......he is quite relaxed about spewing forth any old rubbish....remember the wall and the mexicans paying for it?.....just more of the same......he has lied, cheated and conned for so long now people are just inured to it.

Mexico did not pay for the wall?

That's it, I guess I'll have to vote for Harris now, event thought she is a liar and a cheater that has a history or supporting open borders, mass illegal immigration, DEI, higher taxes, more giveaways, men in girls’ showers, path to citizenship, free health care and tuition for illegals, housing subsidies for illegals, men in women’s sports and prisons, defunding the police, supporting rioters, and free transition surgery for prison inmates.

Or not

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's patently absurd. So tiny Estonia should pay the same amount as massive USA? You should rethink this.

Twice we've agreed this week, and nothing to do with Israel. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

That's it, I guess I'll have to vote for Harris now, event thought she is a liar and a cheater that has a history or supporting open borders, mass illegal immigration, DEI, higher taxes, more giveaways, men in girls’ showers, path to citizenship, free health care and tuition for illegals, housing subsidies for illegals, men in women’s sports and prisons, defunding the police, supporting rioters, and free transition surgery for prison inmates.

Or not

Though/of...calm down.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, Mexico did not pay directly for the construction of the border wall, despite former President Donald Trump’s repeated campaign promise that it would. Instead, funding for the wall came from the U.S. federal budget. Here’s a breakdown of how it was funded:

1. Federal Appropriations: Some funding came from congressional appropriations specifically allocated to border security, which included funds for new fencing and reinforcement of existing barriers.

2. Military Funds: In 2019, after Congress refused to allocate the full amount Trump requested, he declared a national emergency to redirect funding from the Department of Defense budget toward the wall. Around $6.1 billion from military construction and counter-narcotics programs was reallocated for this purpose.

3. Customs and Border Protection Funds: Some money also came from the budget of Customs and Border Protection (CBP), which included funds earmarked for border security enhancements.

4. Tariffs and Trade Policies: Trump argued that renegotiating NAFTA as the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) and imposing tariffs on Mexican imports indirectly “paid” for the wall by benefiting the U.S. economy. However, this was not a direct payment from Mexico to the U.S. Treasury for wall construction.

In the end, the U.S. taxpayers covered the direct costs of building the wall along portions of the U.S.-Mexico border.

• Like 2

I am always amused with the Mexico paying for the wall argument. The amount of money remitted back to Mexico, mostly by illegal aliens that are on some sort of public assistance, is staggering. 

Nice to see Harris promising to fund the wall now. I guess she had a change of heart...

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"....."

Considering the US taxpayers will likely pay  $200B a year  to support and provide services to the illegals inside the US, the "Remain in Mexico" policy that Trump left the current regime with would have saved the taxpayers enough to build the wall 10x over if it hadn't been trashed by Harris/Biden

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

Considering the US taxpayers will likely pay  $200B a year  to support and provide services to the illegals inside the US, the "Remain in Mexico" policy that Trump left the current regime with would have saved the taxpayers enough to build the wall 10x over if it hadn't been trashed by Harris/Biden

Correct. Mexico paid for the wall through bending to Trump's demands to reduce crossings via the Remain in Mexico policy. 

When Biden canceled the policy the floodgates crashed open. 

Anyone who thinks the Mexicans would have voluntarily introduced a policy to take on the social cost of housing migrants is wired to the moon. It was entirely Trump's doing and he saved the US taxpayer a fortune. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

What these utter clowns don't know is that the Mexican government poured Federal resources into THEIR SOUTHERN BORDER AT THEIR EXPENSE to stop the migrant flow before they got onto Mexican soil. 

Anyone that thinks that Trump's policies on illegal immigration didn't save the US taxpayer a fortune is a moron. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, theblether said:

What these utter clowns don't know is that the Mexican government poured Federal resources into THEIR SOUTHERN BORDER AT THEIR EXPENSE to stop the migrant flow before they got onto Mexican soil. 

Anyone that thinks that Trump's policies on illegal immigration didn't save the US taxpayer a fortune is a moron. 

All true. The "remain in Mexico" policy of Trump was greatly successful because of the Mexican government stopping migrants with their military and police -- or running the risk of tariffs on their goods and services.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1