Car Collides with Motorcycles in Pattaya, Leaving Two Injured

Georgealbert

IMG_7115.jpeg

The incident occurred  early morning on October 21, when a car collided with two motorcycles, leaving two people severely injured. The crash took place at 03:05 on Sukhumvit Pattaya Soi 53, Soi Nern Plub Wan, Nong Prue, Bang Lamung. Emergency services were immediately dispatched to the scene after receiving a distress call.

At the scene, bystanders had gathered around the wreckage. A grey Toyota Corolla, license plate Chachoengsao, was found blocking the road, with the front of the car and front wheels damaged. The driver, Santi, a 41-year-old air conditioning technician, was unharmed.

Nearby, a severely damaged red-black Honda Wave 110i motorcycle, license plate Prachinburi, was discovered. The motorcycle’s front end had been ripped apart, and it was found wedged against an electric pole. Scattered on the road were fast food delivery bags, presumably belonging to Chanon, a 29-year-old food delivery rider. Chanon suffered multiple injuries, including severe lacerations to his face, a broken left leg, and a deep wound on his right foot. He was in serious condition.

A second motorcycle, a black Honda Wave 125i with the license plate Amnat Charoen, was also found damaged. It had collided with another parked motorcycle. The rider, Worachai, a 30-year-old from Amnat Charoen, had sustained head injuries and was disoriented, with scrapes across his body. Both injured men were given first aid before being rushed to a nearby hospital.

Santi, the driver of the car, claimed that he was driving out of the soi towards Sukhumvit Road when the motorcycles came speeding towards him. He alleged that the first motorcycle attempted to overtake and collided head-on with his car, causing his vehicle to spin into the opposite lane. Both motorcycles fell to the ground due to the impact, and their riders were injured. Witnesses at the scene immediately called for emergency services and the police.

One of the witnesses, 17-year-old Piyamas, who was helping her family near the crash site, recounted the event with shock. She stated that both the car and the motorcycles were speeding, but it appeared that the car had crossed into the oncoming lane, leading to the crash. Another witness, 22-year-old Anawin, corroborated her account, confirming that the car had overtaken into the wrong lane, striking both motorcycles.

A friend of Santi, who was in the car at the time of the crash, admitted that the driver had been drinking prior to the crash. He also acknowledged that Santi had been speeding before colliding with the motorcycles. However, he stressed that if his friend was at fault, he should face the consequences, but urged the authorities to review CCTV footage to ensure fairness.

Police Lieutenant Chanchai Sangwonsaksri of the Nong Prue Police Department photographed the scene and took Santi into custody to measure his blood alcohol level. Investigations are ongoing, with authorities checking CCTV footage to determine the exact cause of the accident and ensure justice for all parties involved.

Picture and video from responders.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-21

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

A friend of Santi, who was in the car at the time of the crash, admitted that the driver had been drinking prior to the crash

no surprise there is there

jail this ###

Yet again I have removed a post which makes a big issue out of a minor typo.

@brianthainess why do you again choose not to follow the rules and use the report button. I have highlighted the rule below.

Rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yesterday morning i was walking along walking street, cobbled road was wet, a motorbike flew past me with a 11yo boy riding with two behind, no helmets,  shortly after a police bike races by chasing the bike, so dangerous

I have even seen (and I do not expect that I am alone in this), a policeman riding with no helmet while appearing to be writing something on his phone, so not paying any attention to the traffic around him.  Very sadly, Darwin's Law of Natural Selection may ultimately apply in all these cases.