Onward ticket provider (new to me)

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your point. Geezus

The site will reveal cost. 

Not that I'll ever use them, but just comparing both.

Onward ticket issues the ticket within seconds for $16.

Onward flight issues within 12 hours, or 4 hours for an additional $5.50 to the standard $7 charge.

Note, onward flights only accepts PayPal and Credit cards for payment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Not that I'll ever use them, but just comparing both.

Onward ticket issues the ticket within seconds for $16.

Onward flight issues within 12 hours, or 4 hours for an additional $5.50 to the standard $7 charge.

I'm sure folk can Google the options for "rent a ticket" ..

Useless info.  Of course there will be payment via card option .

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Not sure why you think that's unusual or noteworthy.  Which other payment options would you expect from such an online service?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Debit card?

How do they know it's a debit card or credit card? Whenever I use my debit cards it's as a Visa or Mastercard which is exactly the same as a credit card?

Edit: I just had a look as I don't have a credit card. In overview Onward flight states: 

You have the option to pay using Paypal or card payment. 

It does then say credit card below but I would just put my debit card details in there, same as I buy all my real tickets?

Screenshot_20241024_081514_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How do they know it's a debit card or credit card? Whenever I use my debit cards it's as a Visa or Mastercard which is exactly the same as a credit card?

Edit: I just had a look as I don't have a credit card. In overview Onward flight states: 

You have the option to pay using Paypal or card payment. 

It does then say credit card below but I would just put my debit card details in there, same as I buy all my real tickets?

Screenshot_20241024_081514_Samsung Internet.jpg

Even my Agoda bookings specifically say credit card number etc etc but always pay with Debit Mastercard from Chase

Out of interest (and not saying it was yourself) but those putting confused emoji on my post further up the thread need not be lol

The culprit reading it knows exactly the reason for the post !

Lets move on...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Debit card?

Surely you're joking. With very few exceptions, debit cards are accepted whenever "credit cards" are accepted online. As you've never used such a service yourself, you simply jumped to a nonsensical conclusion. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Even my Agoda bookings specifically say credit card number etc etc but always pay with Debit Mastercard from Chase

Yep, that's the way I understand it. The whole point of debit card was to replicate a credit card

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Surely you're joking. With very few exceptions, debit cards are accepted whenever "credit cards" are accepted online. As you've never used such a service yourself, you simply jumped to a nonsensical conclusion. 

Surely not.

Certain airlines will only accept online payment using a credit card, not a debit card.

Roojai Insurance, for example, state online payments by credit/debit card, but when entering a debit card number the system won't process it.

When you contact customer services, you are informed the payment system only accepts credit cards, but they can manually process debit card payments.

51 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Surely not.

Certain airlines will only accept online payment using a credit card, not a debit card.

Roojai Insurance, for example, state online payments by credit/debit card, but when entering a debit card number the system won't process it.

When you contact customer services, you are informed the payment system only accepts credit cards, but they can manually process debit card payments.

That said, you have no idea if Onward flight accept debit cards or not, but you are stating it as fact that they do not.

By the way, Onward ticket also says "credit cards" on their site

Screenshot_20241024_100744_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

By the way, Onward ticket also says "credit cards" on their site

From "onwardticket.com"

"Payment methods

Onwardticket.com accepts Credit Cards, Debit Cards and PayPal" 

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

That said, you have no idea if Onward flight accept debit cards or not, but you are stating it as fact that they do not.

That is not what I said at all.

15 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Exactly the same as you posted a screenshot of.

33 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

That is not what I said at all.

Exactly the same as you posted a screenshot of.

Well the difference is you seem to think you can't enter debit card details when asked for a credit card

Anyway back on topic, I was going to say I'd use onwardticket as they offer a ticket in 60 seconds, so you can have it ready to pay and only confirm ticket if asked to show it at airline, but if onwardflight is only $7 I might just do the night before as easier and cheap

Edited by Pattaya57

5 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Debit and Card number sequences are different.

Some systems will accept debit/credit cards, others that specifically want a credit card, will not accept a debit card.

Exactly this...  'some sites' will not accept debit-cards.... 

I've no idea why, its not clear why, and certainly there is no indication or statement that debit-cards are not accepted, but when attempting to make payment on certain websites a debit-card would not be accepted, only a credit-card when through.

This happened to me with Emirates a number of years back (it could be different now).

BUT... I wanted to change a flight and pay the change fee.....  I tried to use two different debit cards, which wouldn't work. I tried to use a friends debit card, which didn't work. So I switched to my Credit Card and no problem.... This was 'over the phone' and not online and the 'Emirates call centre staff' also had no idea why this was the case.

So...   the comment that 'some sites do not accept debit cards' is an accurate comment.....  though its understandable that many will not have encountered this difficulty - the issue is usually found out through trial and error when first attempting to pay with a debit-card and getting it refused then switching to a credit-card and the transaction is successful. 

• Thanks 1