Trump Fires Back at ‘Lowlife’ John Kelly After Damaging Remarks

Social Media

image.png

Former President Donald Trump has launched a scathing attack on his former White House chief of staff, Retired Gen. John Kelly, calling him a "lowlife" and a "total degenerate." This came in response to Kelly's recent comments, in which he criticized Trump’s alleged admiration for authoritarian rulers and his supposed desire for unchecked power.

Taking to his Truth Social platform, Trump vehemently denied Kelly's claims, framing them as nothing more than fabrications driven by what he termed "Trump Derangement Syndrome." In his post, Trump expressed gratitude for the support he has received against Kelly's accusations, asserting that his former chief of staff was both “tough and dumb,” qualities he believed did not serve Kelly well. "The problem is his toughness morphed into weakness, because he became JELLO with time!" Trump wrote.

He also took aim at a particularly controversial claim made by Kelly about Trump’s disrespect for military personnel. Kelly had alleged that Trump made derogatory comments about soldiers during his presidency, a story Trump was quick to label as a lie. "The story about the Soldiers was A LIE, as are numerous other stories he told," Trump stated emphatically. Despite initially indicating that Kelly was not worth his time, Trump continued his tirade: "Even though I shouldn’t be wasting my time with him, I always feel it’s necessary to hit back in pursuit of THE TRUTH."

The former president further accused Kelly of being ineffective during his time in the White House, claiming that he eventually stopped seeking Kelly’s advice altogether. "John Kelly is a LOWLIFE, and a bad General, whose advice in the White House I no longer sought, and told him to MOVE ON!" Trump wrote in the same post.

These remarks from Trump followed Kelly’s recent interviews, where he painted a deeply concerning picture of Trump’s mindset. In an interview with *The New York Times*, Kelly went as far as to claim that Trump "certainly falls into the general definition of fascist, for sure." Kelly had also previously told *The Atlantic* that Trump expressed a desire for the U.S. military to show him the same level of loyalty as “Hitler’s generals” did to the Nazi regime during World War II.

These comments have not gone unnoticed in political circles. Vice President Kamala Harris’s campaign was quick to amplify Kelly's warnings. In a public statement on Wednesday, Harris condemned Trump's alleged aspirations, calling him “increasingly unhinged and unstable.” She warned that, should Trump win a second term, people like Kelly—who, despite their later differences, had served as a check on some of Trump's more extreme impulses—would no longer be in place to offer resistance. “The bottom line is this, we know what Donald Trump wants. He wants unchecked power,” Harris said. “This is a window into who Donald Trump really is. From the people who know him best.”

As the feud between Trump and Kelly escalates, the retired general’s comments have further fueled concerns among Trump's critics about what a potential second term might look like. For now, Trump appears determined to discredit his former chief of staff, even as the broader political implications of Kelly's remarks continue to reverberate.

Based on a report from the Hill 2024-10-25

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Kelly had 3 years to say all that in public, but he chose 2 weeks before the election to do so. IMO any right thinking person will see this for what it is, a tactical political intervention on behalf of Harris, and will treat it with the scorn it deserves.

Shame on Kelly.

Kelley is a career military man who rose to 4 star rank…..thats some chops bucko you claim to be ex military and comments like this come out of your mouth……general Kelley obviously feels the need to warn the country.There are lots of trump insider’s warnings about trumps unfitness.This also backs up what is in the public domain ……flush the albatross!enouf!

They were very damaging remarks and they were made in reference to a very damaged man and it's likely that everything Kelly said was correct and true and that everything Trump says is incorrect and a lie. 

Is Trump capable? Is he coherent? Insane? Declining? 

His speech is disassociative and circular. It can read like gibberish on the page. And he goes on bizarre riffs, like this one, which is somehow about the dangers of electric boats:

Trump: I say, “What would happen if the boat sank from its weight and you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery’s now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there?”

By the way, a lot of shark attacks lately. Do you notice that? A lot of shark — I watched some guys justifying it today. “Well, they weren’t really that angry. They bit off the young lady’s leg because of the fact that they were not hungry but they misunderstood who she was.” These people are crazy —

He said, “There’s no problem with sharks. They just didn’t really understand a young woman swimming now who really got decimated and other people, too.” A lot of shark attacks. So I said, “So there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat, 10 yards. Or here. Do I get electrocuted if the boat is sinking and water goes over the battery? The boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted, or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted?” Because I will tell you, he didn’t know the answer. He said, “You know, nobody’s ever asked me that question.”

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

Kelley is a career military man who rose to 4 star rank…..thats some chops bucko you claim to be ex military and comments like this come out of your mouth……general Kelley obviously feels the need to warn the country.There are lots of trump insider’s warnings about trumps unfitness.This also backs up what is in the public domain ……flush the albatross!enouf!

Westmoreland was also a 4 star, and managed to lose his war. Just being 4 star doesn't impart as much as you seem to think it does.

My beef isn't that he has complaints about Trump, but that he waited till 2 weeks before the election to say them in public. Despicable behaviour IMO.

BTW, I don't support Trump for himself, though I approve that he didn't start any wars, I just consider Harris to be so bad that Trump is a better choice, despite his flaws.

.thats some chops bucko you claim to be ex military and comments like this come out of your mouth

Yes I was, which is why I don't consider an officer to be special, regardless of rank. They need to earn respect, and plenty that don't.