Maher Says Harris Must Counter Perceptions of Leftist Extremism to Sway Undecided Voters

Social Media

image.png

Comedian Bill Maher expressed his concerns about Vice President Kamala Harris’s ability to appeal to undecided voters, cautioning that she must prove she’s not “a stealth version of the worst excesses of the left.” Speaking to MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough on “Morning Joe” in an interview that aired Thursday, Maher emphasized that Harris’s main challenge is dispelling the suspicion that she aligns with the extreme left.

“Kamala’s big, I think, challenge here to win over the undecided voters, is to convince them that she’s not part of what they suspect she might be, sort of a stealth version of the worst excesses of the left,” Maher said. He also criticized the overall political landscape, noting, “I am tired of the extremes and the extremists who dominate the debate. They have the megaphone, and we hear them more, but I don’t think they represent what most people in the country talk about.”

The Trump campaign has capitalized on these perceptions, attempting to depict Harris as aligned with far-left policies. Former President Donald Trump has frequently referred to her as “Comrade Kamala,” further fueling suspicions with a fabricated image purportedly showing Harris at a communist event. The campaign has continued its attacks by highlighting Harris’s past support for policies such as “Medicare for All,” a ban on fracking, and government-funded gender-affirming surgeries for inmates and detained migrants. While Harris has since moderated her stance on many of these issues, her opponents continue to emphasize these progressive positions as evidence of her alignment with the left.

In recent efforts to underscore her moderate credentials, Harris has garnered endorsements from notable Republicans, including former Representative Liz Cheney and her father, former Vice President Dick Cheney. These endorsements aim to signal her commitment to a bipartisan approach and to counter the narrative that she embraces the more extreme policies of the left.

Last Friday on his HBO show, Maher, a frequent Trump critic, warned Democrats against relying on an “October surprise” to prevent a second Trump term. “We’ve gotten so used to thinking that there’s always an October surprise coming that when it doesn’t happen, it actually seems weird,” he said, suggesting that Democrats should focus on a strategy that doesn’t depend on last-minute developments.

The race remains tight, particularly in key swing states such as Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Wisconsin, where both Harris and Trump are fighting to secure undecided voters. With only 12 days left in this election cycle, Harris holds a slight lead over Trump of just 0.9 points in national polls averaged by The Hill/Decision Desk HQ, underscoring the competitiveness and uncertainty surrounding the final outcome.

Based on a report from the Hill 2024-10-26

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

She needs to stop being a leftist extremist then she won't be perceived that way. 

She could always revert to talking about her love for Venn Diagrams 🤔.  Or her explanation on electric school buses WITH WIFI!!!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

She needs to stop being a leftist extremist then she won't be perceived that way. 

Please provide an example of her leftist extremism…..she seems to me to be a centrist democrat with a STRONG background in the prosecution of criminals of all stripes +she used the office of the AG to hold the big banks to account .

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Please provide an example of her leftist extremism…..she seems to me to be a centrist democrat with a STRONG background in the prosecution of criminals of all stripes +she used the office of the AG to hold the big banks to account .

I no longer feel the need to explain the painfully obvious to you. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Claiming the border was secure should be a disqualifier, even if she didn't have a dismal record in California. There's a couple of reasons for the mass exodus from the state. Her legacy is one of them.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Claiming the border was secure should be a disqualifier, even if she didn't have a dismal record in California. There's a couple of reasons for the mass exodus from the state. Her legacy is one of them.

Oh I dono being a DA gonna make some unhappy her biggest mistake was not backing the death penalty for that cop killer because she made a campaign promise (and kept it)Her term as AG definitely was a + she got us some much needed relief during the Great Recession/housing crisis.talk to your pal trump on the border crisis the government tryed to handle it with legislation that TRUMP killed cause he needs a problem to blame on the dems.

If you really look at what she says and if you look at a lot of her policy she's quite centrist, and she's done a lot to distance herself from the progressive side of the party, and she won't have anything to do with the gang. So I think Maher might be a little bit off the mark here. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you really look at what she says and if you look at a lot of her policy she's quite centrist, and she's done a lot to distance herself from the progressive side of the party, and she won't have anything to do with the gang. So I think Maher might be a little bit off the mark here. 

He wants her to do better pretending to be a centrist until elected, like Biden did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Social Media said:

The campaign has continued its attacks by highlighting Harris’s past support for policies such as “Medicare for All,” a ban on fracking, and government-funded gender-affirming surgeries for inmates and detained migrants. While Harris has since moderated her stance on many of these issues, her opponents continue to emphasize these progressive positions as evidence of her alignment with the left.

Sooooo, she didn't really believe in the things she said before, and can "modify" her opinions. Seems she doesn't really believe in anything except what will get her elected.

I don't recall Trump "modifying" any of his positions.

44 minutes ago, Tug said:

Price fixing. She touted that bright idea right out of the gate. When Leftist media called her out on it, she got silent about it.

Government restriction on free enterprise.

22 minutes ago, Talon said:

Price fixing. She touted that bright idea right out of the gate. When Leftist media called her out on it, she got silent about it.

Government restriction on free enterprise.

Price fixing??are you conflating going after price gouging with price fixing?

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

Price fixing??are you conflating going after price gouging with price fixing?

Kamala conflated them. They are two different things, but Kamala wants to use one to go after the other.

There are laws against price gouging. Enforce the law. Find probably cause and prosecute.

Price fixing is what Kamala said she would use to stop price gouging in a grocery industry that averages less than 3% profit.

=====

The profit margin for the American grocery industry was 1.18% in 2023, according to a January 2024 survey by NYU. This is the third year in a row that profit margins have declined, after peaking at 3% in 2020.

=====

Grocery prices, like many other goods and services, are higher in cost because of energy costs and collapsing supply lines. The Biden/Harris Regime has stopped US energy independence with oil and gas and are forcing electric vehicles on the entire population.