Joe Rogan releases podcast with Trump, draws 300K views in 30 minutes

Social Media

I've only watched around 45 minutes of the interview. I'll finish it during the week. My takeaways so far - 

Trump is correct that the 60 Minutes edit/answer was not an edit, it was fraud. Not a single member of this forum would accept someone misquoting them, especially when the original was and still is publicly available. In fact, this thread has descended into exactly that - members arguing about edits. 

Never mind the edits. Go watch the whole thing and make up your own mind. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

I cleaned up some of the off topic personal arguments, troll calling, etc.

Do not threaten people with the report button as it will not end well for you. Moderators are not here to fight your battles for you, as I've said many times, and we will come down hard on people abusing the report button, or threatening others with it.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You claimed Rogan asked Trump for proof.  Please show where Rogan asked Trump for proof.

Trump talked about bringing "papers that you would not believe", then goes word salad, then Rogan asked "are you goingbto present ever.." before being interrupted by more word salad.

So what Trump asked to present?

Edited by candide
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Fair enough.  I thought you meant that you watched some 1 minute clips somewhere.

With the Putin thing, he said that he couldn't say it because it was secret or it would ruin it.  It may sound a little cheesey, or convenient, but given we're talking about war negotiations, you can't really say it's completely unreasonable.

I agree, there could be a good reason for not telling.

But then, Trump promises a lot of things, and somehow, he refuses to give details. And then he lies a lot, all the time.

That combined, should we really believe he can and will do all the things which he promises?

Did Mexico pay for that wall already?

2 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

You are correct and some news stations have already committed to using the word fraud and election tampering by what 60 minutes did in the Harris interview. Utter fraud and misleading the American public for the sole purpose of making Harris look intelligent and in a good way. 

I posted way earlier it would be good to see what else was cut out and or edited in. 60 minutes are refusing to handover the full unedited transcript. There can be only one reason for this. Other edits took place. I'd imagine the word salad bowl was full to the brim with edits. It is fraudulent and CBS should be held accountable. Of course CBS is part of the very trustworthy legacy media that we should all take as gospel. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

You are correct and some news stations have already committed to using the word fraud and election tampering by what 60 minutes did in the Harris interview. Utter fraud and misleading the American public for the sole purpose of making Harris look intelligent and in a good way. 

He mentioned that several US broadcasters benefit from "free airwave" usage as they have a remit to work for the US public good. They are supposed to be public service broadcasters who the US public can rely upon. We have the same system in the UK, people know that the BBC is the primary public service broadcaster, they don't tend to know that ITV also have legal responsibilities to serve the public. 

In the UK, licenses are granted with several conditions, those conditions can specify how much music a radio station can play, the maximum allowed time allocated to adverts, and most importantly - a minimum standard for news coverage. 

Already there are calls in the USA to punish network bias by auctioning off the airwave licences. From memory, the last time we did that in the UK the government were expecting around £5 billion and actually collected over £20 billion. 

That 60 Minutes fraud could end up being the most expensive mistake in US television history. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, theblether said:

That 60 Minutes fraud could end up being the most expensive mistake in US television history. 

I agree with what you posted except for this bit. It was no mistake. It's clear disinformation and fraud. They took out Harris' unintelligible word salad with a completely different answer. The mistake they made was allowing the original pre-edit to get out. The bigger question is who directed them to make the edit?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You would have to brain dead or a massive Trump supporter to sit through that. Not saying they are the same. 

Having political interest and an interest in the US Presidential Election does not make someone brain dead. Quite the opposite I would have thought. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

I agree with what you posted except for this bit. It was no mistake. It's clear disinformation and fraud. They took out Harris' unintelligible word salad with a completely different answer. The mistake they made was allowing the original pre-edit to get out. The bigger question is who directed them to make the edit?

True it was no mistake. 

Vert few people will shed a tear if Trump auctions off the airwaves and uses the money to pay down part of the national debt. 

There is such a thing in life as outsmarting yourself. Someone at 60 Minutes is having sleepless nights for that reason. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, theblether said:

True it was no mistake. 

Vert few people will shed a tear if Trump auctions off the airwaves and uses the money to pay down part of the national debt. 

There is such a thing in life as outsmarting yourself. Someone at 60 Minutes is having sleepless nights for that reason. 

Fair chance the orders for this came from Harris' handlers. This is what CBS has released as their initial defense.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/fcc-commissioner-cbs-release-transctipt-harris-60-minutes-interview

CBS News’ statement said Trump’s claim the "deceitful editing" was used is "false," and explained that producers used a "more succinct" portion of Harris’ answer.

Succinct is not an adjective that can be readily attributed to Harris. As for a succinct portion that wouldn't be very long. They swapped answers is more likely and if the didn't then there should be no problem with releasing the full unedited original transcript something they are not willing to do.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Trump talked about bringing "papers that you would not believe", then goes word salad, then Rogan asked "are you goingbto present ever.." before being interrupted by more word salad.

So what Trump asked to present?

Rogan never asked him for proof.  There was no word salad.  Rogan clearly agrees with Trump on multiple points.

You are not being accurate about what happened in the video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

😂.........Riiiight, dodge away............😂

I will keep the question handy to put to you again when the opportunity arises.......😉

I f you ever manage to come up with a sensible question that actually relates to the topic, I'm sure I'll take a look at it.  🫡

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Thanks. Now everyone can watch it. Trump says: "I won by the way." " I lost by the way." I didn't lose." (very Trump like) and Rogan chuckles. 2:18:14. Personally I think Rogan was just having a bit of a chuckle at how Trump expressed himself and the conversation continued. No long bows need to be drawn here. It was just part of the conversation.

This is exactly what happened.  It is perfectly clear from watching the video.

The media reporting it as Rogan laughing at Trump are basically twisting what actually happened.  "Rogan could then be seen laughing." is very vague, as he clearly laughed at Trump being deliberately funny, while the media is trying to make out that he laughed as though he found the claims ridiculous ("Joe Rogan asked Donald Trump for specifics on how 2020 was stolen. Then could only laugh at the answer").  Rogan actually takes him seriously and agrees with the claims.

Sadly, people are already believing this false narrative being pushed by a very biased media.

The tragic part is that is that people could really open their eyes to this and watch the podcast and see how they're being lied to, but they seem to want to believe the lies and as such are actively avoiding the truth.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Re the illegality of the 2020 election. I don't have any strong opinions and I do think some on the right lost the plot. However - I did agree and still agree that votes received after election day should not be counted. Four years later ( dear me ) the 5th Circuit Appeals Court agrees. 

Americans have the benefit of knowing years in advance when your Presidential election takes place. Many other countries do not. There's really no excuse for failing to return ballots before election day and even if the US Postal service loses your vote, so sad, too bad. 

This goes to Trump's point that the judges have an impossible task to review malfeasance in the voting procedures and tallies. It is impossible, and the Democrats felt that way when Al Gore lost to Bush. So nothing new there. 

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-appeals-court-rejects-mississippi-law-late-arriving-mail-in-ballots-2024-10-25/

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Joe Rogan's Donald Trump Episode Racks Up 26 Million Views in First 24 Hours.

Harris  - 0

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogans-donald-trump-episode-racks-26-million-views-first-24-hours-1975512

Do you honestly think that 26 million people listened to that senile old rasist pontificate for 3 hours?I’ve got a pair of golden sneakers and cartoon cards for ya!or stock if you prefer lol 😂 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

12 minutes ago, theblether said:

I do think some on the right lost the plot

Covid made people go a bit mad, and the left had just had many months of rioting and looting during the BLM riots, which seemed to have been endorsed by a lot of left-wing political figures and news agencies.  No doubt a few right wing people felt that they were entitled to a little bit of very tame rioting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

senile old rasist pontificate for 3 hours

You should listen to it.  It was very engaging and he didn't come across like that at all.

Step away from the left-wing media lie-bubble for a while and see how the world actually is...

• Haha 1