AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes Forced to Fly Thai Airways After Failing to Book AirAsia Ticket

Georgealbert

IMG_7350.jpeg

AirAsia’s top executive, Tony Fernandes, recently found himself in a unique situation, unable to secure a seat on his own airline, he had to book a flight with Thai Airways, sparking widespread online humour and speculation. On October 23, Fernandes, CEO of Capital A, the parent company of AirAsia, shared the amusing travel mishap on Instagram, drawing attention and laughter from followers worldwide.

The post, which quickly went viral, featured Fernandes with a wide grin in a window seat on Thai Airways, en route to Beijing, China. In his signature humorous style, Fernandes captioned the photo, “Still on the go! I think I travel more than the flight crew. Flying to Beijing with @thaiairways because AirAsia is sold out once again.”

This isn’t the first time Fernandes has found himself on a competitor’s flight due to AirAsia’s popularity. Last year, he ended up flying Singapore Airlines for similar reasons.

Fernandes’ post fueled a flurry of lighthearted theories among fans, with one commenter playfully speculating, “Is he reviewing his competition again?” Another teased, “Love this ‘research’ trip for improving AirAsia! But I wonder, how did the person next to you feel?”

For many, the post showcases Fernandes’ down-to-earth personality and his willingness to embrace a good-natured joke, even at his own expense.

Picture courtesy of Khaosod.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-27

news-footer-2.png

image.png

11 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

AirAsia’s top executive, Tony Fernandes, recently found himself in a unique situation, unable to secure a seat on his own airline

Who would believe that? Just kick of a fare paying passenger. 

I know people who have not flown because plane was overbooked and others who have lost their seat for other reasons. 

11 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

This isn’t the first time Fernandes has found himself on a competitor’s flight due to AirAsia’s popularity.

I reckon he doesn't like flying AirAsia.