How Is This Possible In MAGA World?

RSD1

13 minutes ago, Talon said:

Christie is a RAT. He did great damage to Trump's first term when he suggested Christopher Wray.

I like Christie. He'd make a decent POTUS IMO. I don't actually remember Wray at all- can't have been around long.

However, no one did more damage to Trump than the IMO despicable Sessions. Trump should have fired him on the spot when he recused himself. All Trump's real problems became possible after he took himself out of the job he should have been doing.

I haven't heard anything about him since he did get fired- perhaps he died of shame.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

Simples. The only realistic alternative is Harris and IMO they rather be decapitated than vote for her. Just not voting would allow her to win, so they will vote for Trump.

Blame the Dems for putting up someone that is so unpopular that people would rather vote for Trump.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

I didn't want to get nagged in 2016 and not interested in 2024 either.

In the last week of Clinton's campaign I thought she would lose due to concentrating on female demographics, Harris is in danger of the same mistake. However, trump's never ending whining is more off putting for me as is his constant lies, vilification and insults of minorities and others who disagree with him. For me he is way to divisive. The OP list is a manifestation of his terrible executive manner and decision making incompetence. 

On 10/27/2024 at 5:52 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't actually remember Wray at all- can't have been around long.

However, no one did more damage to Trump than the IMO despicable Sessions. Trump should have fired him on the spot when he recused himself. All Trump's real problems became possible after he took himself out of the job he should have been doing.

I haven't heard anything about him since he did get fired- perhaps he died of shame.

Christopher Wray. FBI Director that replaced Comey. Wray was former law partner with Sally Yates, who refused to follow orders and was eventually fired from the DOJ by Trump. Yates was a co-conspirator with Bayrack on the Russia-Russia hoax and spying on Trump. In meetings with Susan Rice, Obama, Comey and Biden leading up to the Trump inauguration. 

Christie has done nothing but bash Trump ever since Trump removed him from the transition team and sent him packing. Another disgruntled backstabber who is big mad.

Agree re: Sessions. He tried to run again for Senate and wanted a Trump endorsement. Didn't get it and lost.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2024 at 4:32 AM, RSD1 said:

How is it possible that so many of Trump’s supporters continue to ignore the insights

Confirmation bias, emotional attachment and tribal group think. Animal farm comes to mind.

When people are unwilling or unable to objectively evaluate evidence and instead rely solely on their existing beliefs or emotions, it becomes difficult for society to make informed decisions and hold leaders accountable.

The danger of this type of thinking is that it can create an echo chamber, where false information and flawed reasoning are perpetuated within a group, making it increasingly difficult for members of that group to break free and consider alternative viewpoints.

In a healthy democracy, citizens need to be able to think critically and evaluate evidence objectively, even when it contradicts their existing beliefs or preferences. When this ability is eroded, it becomes easier for demagogues and authoritarian leaders to manipulate public opinion and undermine democratic institutions.

Ultimately, it's up to individuals to take responsibility for their own beliefs and actions, and to be willing to question their assumptions and engage in open and honest dialogue with those who hold different views.

• Like 2

Google the first three; pence, barr, mattis, and all three have books for sale ...

... think it's called marketing :coffee1:

Surely they got nice advances, and probably not for talking nice about Trump ... IMHO

No need to waste any more time, trying to figure out the others' motives.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Google the first three; pence, barr, mattis, and all three have books for sale ...

That's not a measure of anything. They get approached by publishers offering to write a book for them using a ghost writer, then simply whack their name on it, and then they get a big up-front royalty payment. Nobody turns down those offers. Trump did it himself over 40 years ago!

How they talk about Trump publicly does matter though. That's the real world. And then Trump's own Vice President saying he isn't fit for office. That's where the rubber meets the road. The only real question is how does MAGA ignore that stuff? Or is the answer simply that they only hear what they want to hear and further dream up their own reality about Trump, despite all the evidence that he's incapable of being a non- fascist president that upholds the US constitution?

Edited by RSD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RSD1 said:
2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

That's not a measure of anything. They get approached by publishers offering to write a book for them using a ghost writer, then simply whack their name on it, and then they get a big up-front royalty payment. Nobody turns down those offers. Trump did it himself over 40 years ago!

Of course it is.  Part of any book deal is to promote the book.  Which is done by making headlines.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Trump's two biggest mistakes from his first go-round entering the Office as a non-politician was 1-Thinking he could work with Democrats and 2- Taking advice from DC  insiders  on appointments

3 - Pretending he became president because he cares about anyone else or for any reason other than trying to enrich himself in multiple ways. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RSD1 said:

How they talk about Trump publicly does matter though. That's the real world. And then Trump's own Vice President saying he isn't fit for office. That's where the rubber meets the road. The only real question is how does MAGA ignore that stuff? Or is the answer simply that they only hear what they want to hear and further dream up their own reality about Trump, despite all the evidence that he's incapable of being a non- fascist president that upholds the US constitution?

Everyone with any name recognition that comes out against Trump is a hero and gets to make the rounds on media. 

Everyone with any name recognition that comes out for Trump is attacked mercilessly, dragged through the mud and knows that in the event Trump loses, could well be prosecuted for something. 

All by design

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Trump's two biggest mistakes from his first go-round entering the Office as a non-politician was 1-Thinking he could work with Democrats and 2- Taking advice from DC  insiders  on appointments

I think number one is not replacing every appointment in the administration the first week of office. Way too many Obama holdovers. 

He would not make that mistake again. I bet everyone gets their walking papers on day one. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

In the last week of Clinton's campaign I thought she would lose due to concentrating on female demographics, Harris is in danger of the same mistake. However, trump's never ending whining is more off putting for me as is his constant lies, vilification and insults of minorities and others who disagree with him. For me he is way to divisive. The OP list is a manifestation of his terrible executive manner and decision making incompetence. 

Pretty rich coming from the likes of you, 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Confirmation bias, emotional attachment and tribal group think. Animal farm comes to mind.

When people are unwilling or unable to objectively evaluate evidence and instead rely solely on their existing beliefs or emotions, it becomes difficult for society to make informed decisions and hold leaders accountable.

The danger of this type of thinking is that it can create an echo chamber, where false information and flawed reasoning are perpetuated within a group, making it increasingly difficult for members of that group to break free and consider alternative viewpoints.

In a healthy democracy, citizens need to be able to think critically and evaluate evidence objectively, even when it contradicts their existing beliefs or preferences. When this ability is eroded, it becomes easier for demagogues and authoritarian leaders to manipulate public opinion and undermine democratic institutions.

Ultimately, it's up to individuals to take responsibility for their own beliefs and actions, and to be willing to question their assumptions and engage in open and honest dialogue with those who hold different views.

After objectively evaluating the evidence, which candidate would: 

1. Promote and approve legislation that opens borders and allows mass illegal immigration?

2. Promote and approve legislation that mandates DEI programs?

3. Promote and approve legislation that would raise taxes?

4. Promote and approve legislation that allows men in girls’ showers?

5. Promote and approve legislation that provides a "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens?

6. Promote and approve legislation that provides free health care, tuition and housing subsidies for illegal aliens?

7. Promote and approve legislation that allows men in women’s sports and prisons?

8. Promote and approve legislation that provides free transition surgery for prison inmates? 

If this is what you want, vote for Harris. If not, vote for Trump.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If this is what you want, vote for Harris. If not, vote for Trump.

You mean people should choose a fascist traitor, criminal insurrectionist, convicted felon and sex offender as their president?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

You mean people should choose a fascist traitor, criminal insurrectionist, convicted felon and sex offender as their president?

No, absolutely not. What I mean is, that after objectively evaluating the evidence, I've proven by a preponderance of the evidence, that Trump is not a fascist, a traitor, a criminal insurrectionist, a convicted felon or a convicted sex offender, and that these are all just lies propagated by the left. 

And that the left loves Harris, because she will: 

1. Promote and approve legislation that opens borders and allows mass illegal immigration?

2. Promote and approve legislation that mandates DEI programs?

3. Promote and approve legislation that would raise taxes?

4. Promote and approve legislation that allows men in girls’ showers?

5. Promote and approve legislation that provides a "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens?

6. Promote and approve legislation that provides free health care, tuition and housing subsidies for illegal aliens?

7. Promote and approve legislation that allows men in women’s sports and prisons?

8. Promote and approve legislation that provides free transition surgery for prison inmates? 

I have a really low IQ, and I am just not smart enough to want any of those things, so I'm going to vote for Trump.

Now if you can explain to an idiot like me how a few of those things will benefit me and or my stupid family, I will vote for Harris.  Deal?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I've proven by a preponderance of the evidence, that Trump is not a fascist, a traitor, a criminal insurrectionist, a convicted felon or a convicted sex offender, and that these are all just lies propagated by the left. 

Fake Noooooooze

17 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Fake Noooooooze

So, I think it safe to say that you, like every other leftist here can explain how just a few of the eight things that, as President, Harris would promote and approve will benefit me and or my family, yes? 

How about one? Can you explain how even one will benefit me?

How about explaining how any policy she had proposed will benefit me, or even a majority of citizens? 

I thought not. 

• Sad 1