Those who fell for marriage, how do you cope knowing you've ruined your life?

16 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7.  Sad-faced broken men that eat dinner at work 'to avoid the traffic'.  Anything to avoid going home to the wife.

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist?

Another bigoted post suffering under the burden of his own failed relationships. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

When I was employed, I’d have at least one big overseas trip every year, taking leave on half pay to extend the holiday. Given that I was the lowest paid employee in the office, there was speculation as to how I could fund such a lifestyle, but the reason of course was that I was the only one who was unmarried.

Now retired, I split my time between my maximum 179 days in Thailand and Australia, but can still afford 3 months in Europe each year. In purchasing a property in Thailand, I’ve made the second most expensive mistake you can make in that country, but have so far managed to avoid making the most expensive mistake.

• Confused 1

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7.  Sad-faced broken men that eat dinner at work 'to avoid the traffic'.  Anything to avoid going home to the wife.

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist

I am 83, my Thai wife is 70. We have been happily together since 1983, married in 1990. I know many other 'old sods', as you choose to call us, who are equally happily married.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7. 

So......why do you stay at work until 5, 6 or even 7?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist?

Or you get the guys who moved to Thailand, met a fantastic lady, and have spent almost every day/night together for the last 18 years, and would not wish it any other way

being single is highly overrated!

you sound like the perfect example!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zepplin said:

Or you get the guys who moved to Thailand, met a fantastic lady, and have spent almost every day/night together for the last 18 years, and would not wish it any other way

being single is highly overrated!

you sound like the perfect example!

He failed at marriage and works in Thailand until 7pm watching other guys work late.

Pretty bizzare op

The only reason I can see getting married is if they want to start or have a family.  Otherwise, no sure why so many people get married.  It definitely is not for better sex with all the entitled female attiitudes that feel they can mostly tell you NO.

More fun to walk beach road and find someone who is willing and able and does what you like.

But, not in all cases many guys need a mommy figure.  You hear them on here bragging how their wife does everything including handling the finances. Guys who cannot even do a load of laundry or cook a hamburger. Seems so weak and really stupid to me what responsibilities do you have as a man?  Probably not much, their wife-mommy takes care of everything.

Edited by bkk6060

I moved to Thailand 21 years ago and have been married to a Thai woman for 20 years. I don't consider my life "ruined." I am very happy with both my marriage and the other aspects of my life here.

• Thumbs Up 1