Clinton likened it to a NAZI rally,Iconic Dr. Phil brings the Receipts

riclag

It's worth noting that other minority groups especially Latinos will not take the Puerto Rican attack lightly. If that's how the maga fascists think about fellow born citizens, what do they think of even legal migrants? Let's hope they wake up to what Trump really is in time to stop him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Desperation is really setting in among the liberals here. Good fun really, 

Yeah "liberals" like Liz Cheney.

I think the opposition to a fascist takeover by Donald Trump is in a mood of rational worry. Not desperation.

The maga fascists are irrationally over confident and drowning in toxic hubris.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Sure. And I am sure the 94 year old Holocaust survivor attended because he was nostalgic for those glorious days. Come on, man!  Not too many pro-Nazi events would have Israeli flags flying proudly at them.

Not literally Nazi. But definitely fascist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

A really biggly rally in Madison Square Gardens, compete with warm up speakers throwing out racial abuse, now where and when have we seen it before?

I suppose that modern day Health and Safety regulations put the mockers on flaming torches, rather diminished the dramatic effect.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Puerto Rico iOS a floating piece of garbage. You mentioned it in your cheap places threads and I said it was a horrible place. You immediately agreed and dismissed it. Listen to how posters here talk about read states and flyover states. Spare me the outrage PR is a trashy, effed up place. 

Stop lying. I rejected it as a place to live mainly because I think it's too expensive. I never called it floating garbage.

14 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Puerto Rico iOS a floating piece of garbage. You mentioned it in your cheap places threads and I said it was a horrible place. You immediately agreed and dismissed it. Listen to how posters here talk about read states and flyover states. Spare me the outrage PR is a trashy, effed up place. 

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stop lying. I rejected it as a place to live mainly because I think it's too expensive. I never called it floating garbage.

The calculation is, I suspect, that they will confirm more white voters with these blatantly racist attacks than they will turn away Puerto Ricans. It says a lot about Trumps campaign that it is almost certainly right.

Now shall we discuss the Republicans rabid opposition to Puerto Rico becoming a state, it does after all have a greater population than some 19 other states. 

The Senator Tommy Tuberville is on the record as staying that we don't want to "give them voting rights and stuff "; a bigoted <deleted> but perhaps an honest one.

But damm right you don't, it would mean two more Senators and a number of Representatives (at present they have one non voting Representative) which would upset the "balance" in Congress; I suppose no one can face the uphill task of gerrymandering those seats.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The calculation is, I suspect, that they will confirm more white voters with these blatantly racist attacks than they will turn away Puerto Ricans. It says a lot about Trumps campaign that it is almost certainly right.

I think the racists among us have joined the maga fascist cult long ago. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

There is a rather significant tradition of the caudillo in central and south american politics and culture. Who knows? Maybe this side of Trump will appeal to them even more.

But not racist against their own people. Nice try. No Cubano cigar.

There is zero doubt this Puerto Rica Racism Gate at the Garden is harmful to Trump's chance. The only question is how harmful. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But not racist against their own people. Nice try. No Cubano cigar.

There is zero doubt this Puerto Rica Racism Gate at the Garden is harmful to Trump's chance. The only question is how harmful. 

I don't know. I think there are plenty of instances of white caudillos coming to power with the backing of Indians and Mestizos throughout Central and South America. Just look at the pictures of caudillos from the 19th century to the present in this wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caudillo  Granted, most of them are dark (or white) haired. But the greatest of all might have been the wife of Juan Peron, Eva, who was a blond bombshell.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

I don't know. I think there are plenty of instances of white caudillos coming to power with the backing of Indians and Mestizos throughout Central and South America. Just look at the pictures of caudillos from the 19th century to the present in this wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caudillo  Granted, most of them are dark (or white) haired. But the greatest of all might have been the wife of Juan Peron, Eva, who was a blond bombshell.

You have a vivid imagination. Good luck finding a Puerto Rican that liked that insult. 

• Like 2