Trump Open to RFK Jr. Leadership on Health and Food in Potential Second Term

Social Media

image.png

Former President Donald Trump recently expressed enthusiasm for involving Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in addressing health, food, and medicine issues if he were to serve a second term. Speaking to a crowd at Madison Square Garden, Trump said, “I’m going to let him go wild on health. I’m going to let him go wild on the food. I’m going to let him go wild on the medicines.” Trump, however, specified that Kennedy’s influence would not extend to energy resources, particularly oil, saying, “The only thing I don’t think I’m going to let him even get near is the liquid gold that we have under our feet.”

Kennedy, a former environmental lawyer and vocal critic of pharmaceutical companies, had launched an independent presidential campaign before stepping aside in August, ultimately endorsing Trump. Since then, he has taken up an initiative within Trump’s campaign called “Make America Healthy Again.” Throughout his career, Kennedy has focused on the health effects of processed foods and chemical additives in the U.S. food supply, advocating for stricter regulations.

His involvement in Trump’s plans for a second term has, however, sparked criticism, particularly due to his controversial stance on vaccines. Kennedy has faced considerable backlash for his opposition to mainstream vaccine policies. Although he has denied being entirely anti-vaccine, his track record includes promoting debunked theories and spreading skepticism about vaccine safety. In a congressional hearing last year, he refuted accusations that he had discouraged vaccinations, saying, “I never told people not to get vaccinated.” However, in a podcast interview two years prior, he admitted to frequently advising strangers against vaccinating their children. 

Kennedy has also made contradictory statements on vaccines in the media. On CNN in December, he denied suggesting that no vaccines were “safe and effective,” although he was previously recorded stating this exact phrase in an interview last July. The conflicting messages have only fueled concerns among public health officials and medical experts regarding Kennedy’s potential influence on national health policy in a future Trump administration.

Based on a report from the Hill 2024-10-29

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Haha 1

Hey it will be great he can be the road kill czar!on a serious note that lunatic in charge of food and medical science…….that will get Americans killed.thats just nuts 

A nut job like RFK Jr. should not be allowed anywhere near the federal government. It is so typical of Trump, to select his cabinet from the bottom of the barrel. They lack of talent in his last administration was astonishing. He reminds me of the way politics are managed here. Merit is never a consideration. 

• Agree 2