Is Your Thai Gf/bf Well Accepted

Bluecat

If you have a Thai girlfriend or boyfriend or are married to one, are they well accepted by your farang family?

Is it easier for the farang family to accept the relationship or is it easier for the Thai family?

I personally had no problem with both sides, the European one or the Thai one but I consider myself lucky.

My family is very open minded and so is my Thai family.

But was it easy for you?

My family welcomed her with open arms... In fact they adored her but she was of such a charachter that that happened with pretty much everyone she encountered.

Her family did not deserve to kiss the ground she walked on.. Abandoned her when she was still a child left for days on end while on drinking and gambling benders to look after younger siblings at age 11 etc... In the end she was taken in by an aunt who could not afford to keep her really and so was on her own from an early age.

In the beggining I pushed her to restart contact with her mother but soon learnt she was right.

Her father (seperated from her mother) seemed a proud hardworking man. who I wish I could have go to know better.

I only know of a bad experience but that was between the parties involved The Man and the Woman Do not know how ther family reacted. This happend in the US I have heard one horror story from my wife The Man and the Woman are still involved to my knowledge anyway. But both of them are thai. He Likes more than one wife More power to him I didn't like him when i met him because he was always saying he liked girls.

chok dee

So far so good for me, even though i see them like 5 to 6 days in a month now but planing a more permanent stay later on.

They accept me well eventhough at first they were kinda sceptical about me and my seriousness in marrying their daughter. But after the marriage things are okay. And i am happy the way they have treated me so far.

explorer :o

If you have a Thai girlfriend or boyfriend or are married to one, are they well accepted by your farang family?

In my case, I would say yes but only to the extent possible. My parents have only spoken with her a couple of times. She hasn't met anyone in person yet.

On the other hand, having anyone in my family accept her is more about issues with them than it is with issues about us or our relationship.

On the other hand, having anyone in my family accept her is more about issues with them than it is with issues about us or our relationship.

That's a way of seeing things.

I do not actually care what they think.

It is me and her/him.

Why should I care?

I have no answer.

But anyway, on the long term, in most of the cases, not caring about what THEY think will hurt you and her/him.

Fair or not fair.

Like it or not,...

For me it was a little more difficult because I am still married in the UK. But when my Thai GF visited the UK some months ago she was readily accepted by my 'wife'. (surprise!).

But my aged parents were not happy, primarily because their view was that I had left my UK wife for this Thai woman. In actual fact, we separated some time before I even came to LoS. But I thought it prudent not to dwell on this matter. My father now seems to accept the situation because he knows that I visit my UK wife and kids every month, and look after them financially.

As for my GF's family in Isaan, they could not have been more welcoming :o

For me it was a little more difficult because I am still married in the UK. But when my Thai GF visited the UK some months ago she was readily accepted by my 'wife'. (surprise!).

But my aged parents were not happy, primarily because their view was that I had left my UK wife for this Thai woman.

Which was probably true.

No offence , please.

And you are not an exception.

Believe me.

For good or for bad.

And I'm sure not going to judge you.

Not true Bluecat :D I separated from my UK wife because I could no longer stand being treated like a doormat any longer. I went to live on my own in a rented apartment a few miles from her. I never regretted my actions for a second!

I lived alone like that for about 6 months until it was clear that there was to be no reconciliation with her. When our separation became a permanent fact, I then decided to start to seek a new partner.

But no offence taken for your comments anyway :o

My families reaction when I first brought her back to the US

Father - High Five !! Hugs, Congratulations etc

Mother - Angry i didnt marry the American girl I had before because she was

from a very rich family. My mother is a typical money grubbing

black widow - cleans guys out left and right.

Sisters - Very jealous of her because she is so beautiful and kind. Treated

her very coldly.

Brother - Left wondering why he didnt marry a Thai girl... He is on his second

marriage to lady falang and miserable like most here.

Ex-Girlfriends snaring looks - Priceless

My families reaction when I first brought her back to the US

Father - High Five !! Hugs, Congratulations etc

her very coldly.

Nam Kao,

I guess you're the rule more than the exception.

But let's wait for the others.

Congratulations, anyway,... :o

her very coldly.

Why dosen't this surprise me Many of my friends are asking me now how do i get an asian girl. I see your happy all the time they say to me. I want to be like you. I tell them about the wait for my wife to be approved that shuts them up pretty quick she's been waiting since 2002 to come to the states

Oh and about your Mom's reaction My Grandmothers was the same when my mom came to the states back in 1972 Are you sure about being with her Your gonna get alot of looks my mom told me this when i got older

So your families reaction except for your dad's does not surprise me If you ever get the chance rent oliver stone's movie Heaven and Earth the woman is vietnamese in the movie but same premice about a soldier (Tommy Lee Jones) falling for a asian girl and bringing her back to the states. It's really good movie

Chok dee

Bluecat, The key is marrying a girl upcountry, steer clear of any westernized (city) Thai girls.

Sure.

Westernized Thai girls are quite similar to farang girls.

Upcountry, they're are, well, the same also.

But with some "time" lag.

A few years "backwards"

For the better.

Men thinking,... :o

But changing fast.

Please, be fast. Don't wait.

I you like to live in the past,... :D:D

My parents and my girlfriend of six years never met, and my parents have no desire to meet her, they think I would be much better of with a westernised Bangkokian then a farmer's daughter from the north. No interest in my stepdaughter at all, either.