Jump to content

Paramount and CBS Reach Eight-Figure Settlement with Trump, Agree to Editorial Changes


Recommended Posts

Posted

image.png

 

Paramount and CBS Reach Eight-Figure Settlement with Trump, Agree to Editorial Changes

 

Paramount Global and CBS have agreed to a major settlement with President Donald Trump, resolving a high-profile election interference lawsuit that centered around a controversial “60 Minutes” interview with then-Vice President Kamala Harris. The settlement, which includes an upfront payment of $16 million to Trump, may ultimately exceed $30 million when factoring in future allocations.

 

The Parmount and CBS News signs outside the company's building of One Astor Plaza in New York on June 13, 2025.

 

According to sources familiar with the agreement, part of the settlement includes additional commitments by the network for future conservative-leaning content, such as advertisements or public service announcements. Fox News Digital reported that this mid-eight-figure allocation would support conservative causes, though Paramount leadership has reportedly disputed the characterization of these additional expenditures.

 

Vice President Kamala Harris during her "60 Minutes" interview.

 

CBS has also agreed to implement a significant change in its editorial standards, requiring the prompt release of full, unedited transcripts of all interviews with future presidential candidates. Those involved in the negotiations have referred to this new editorial protocol as the “Trump Rule.”

"60 Minutes" Bill Whitaker interviews Vice President Kamala Harris for the evening news special.

 

 

“With this record settlement, President Donald J. Trump delivers another win for the American people as he, once again, holds the Fake News media accountable for their wrongdoing and deceit,” a spokesperson for Trump’s legal team told Fox News Digital. “CBS and Paramount Global realized the strength of this historic case and had no choice but to settle. President Trump will always ensure that no one gets away with lying to the American People as he continues on his singular mission to Make America Great Again.”

 

Trump originally filed a $20 billion lawsuit against CBS, accusing the network of manipulating public perception through selective editing of Harris’ responses during a 2023 “60 Minutes” interview. In the disputed broadcast, correspondent Bill Whitaker asked Harris why Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wasn’t “listening” to the Biden administration. A preview clip aired on CBS’ “Face the Nation” showed Harris giving what critics called a rambling “word salad” response.

 

Later, however, during a primetime special, the network aired a more composed and articulate reply to the same question. Critics accused CBS of selectively editing Harris’ full answer in a way that protected her image just before the 2024 election. The raw footage and full transcript, released earlier this year by the FCC, revealed both clips came from the same response — with CBS airing only different segments at different times.

 

Despite agreeing to the settlement, CBS has denied any journalistic misconduct. “The settlement will include a release of all claims regarding any CBS reporting through the date of the settlement, including the Texas action and the threatened defamation action,” Paramount said in a statement.

 

The case proceeded to mediation, where both sides sought resolution, especially as Paramount Global prepared for a major merger with Skydance Media. Analysts speculated that Paramount’s controlling shareholder, Shari Redstone, pushed for a swift resolution to avoid potential delays or retaliation from the FCC, which is led by Trump-appointed officials and holds authority over the pending merger.

 

In an earlier post on Truth Social, Trump declared the case a sure win, writing: “They cheated and defrauded the American People at levels never seen before in the Political Arena. Kamala Harris, during Early Voting and, immediately before Election Day, was asked a question, and gave an answer, that was so bad and incompetent that it would have cost her many of the Votes that she ended up getting.”

 

CBS’ long-time “60 Minutes” correspondent Scott Pelley had previously warned that any settlement in the case could be “very damaging to CBS, to Paramount, to the reputation of those companies.”

 

While the settlement ends the legal dispute, it leaves a significant mark on media policy and underscores Trump’s continued campaign against what he has repeatedly labeled “Fake News.”

 

ABC also settled a defamation lawsuit in December with then-President-elect Trump for $15 million, after anchor George Stephanopoulos repeatedly and incorrectly asserted Trump had been found “liable for rape” in a civil trial last year. 

 

image.png  Adapted by ASEAN Now from NYP  2025-07-03

 

 

newsletter-banner-1.png

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3
  • Haha 1
Posted
7 hours ago, Social Media said:

The settlement, which includes an upfront payment of $16 million to Trump, may ultimately exceed $30 million when factoring in future allocations

That will help him pay a small portion of his civil fraud case of $454.2 million plus interest. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
7 hours ago, Social Media said:

With this record settlement

Really ?

 

And the money is not even going to him.

This won't hurt CBS.

 

Posted

There is one key reason the networks are all signing agreements with Trump. THey are absolutely petrified of actually going to trial. They do NOT want Trump's lawyers to have a shot at 'discovery' in the pre-trial phase, do not want to reveal their internal mail and documents and meeting minutes. All would reveal the obvious bias that exists. So they would rather pay than be exposed.

  • Love It 2
Posted

The only reason Paramount caved in is because they need the FCC's approval for a billion dollar merge that's in the making. 

Trump had no chance whatsoever to win in court. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
2 hours ago, ezzra said:

 $16 million to Trump... pocket change for him.

Doesn't come close to the $83.3 million Trump must pay to the writer E. Jean Carroll over defamatory remarks he made about her while he was president in response to her rape accusation. 

Posted
57 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Doesn't come close to the $83.3 million Trump must pay to the writer E. Jean Carroll over defamatory remarks he made about her while he was president in response to her rape accusation. 

Nice deflection! 

Gemini Ai:

“In the case of E. Jean Carroll's $83.3 million judgment, Donald Trump did post a bond of over $91 million to appeal it.This means the money isn't directly with E. Jean Carroll yet, but it's held as security, essentially ensuring she will receive the money if the appeal fails”.

Posted

You people just can’t come to grips with a small part of Washington Establishment propaganda machine!

They/ thems were caught in unburden  lies . This is what their democracy looks like , their oligarchs, their wokery.

 

“What seemed possible — but hard to believe — before President Trump took office once more has now taken shape: A number of corporate and individual owners of media that promise to hold power to account have instead bowed to it. So too have the chiefs of two major social media platforms — among the richest people on the planet.

https://www.npr.org/2025/07/02/nx-s1-5454790/cbs-settlement-trump-60-minutes-harris-interview-analysis

  • Thumbs Down 1
Posted
3 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

WTF you talking about.  Harris gave a word salad reply that made no sense.  CBS deleted he stupid ass answer and put in a better one so the useful idiots like you would think she was smart.  Can you imagine the US now with her in office?  This is his 3rd win against the media that is in the tank for the Marxist Democrats.  Win for Trump's Presidential Library and a win for the US by punishing the Left.

Well said.

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

I wonder if lefties will still try to lie about this...

Naw they will just scurry around like rats and leave thumbs down emojis

  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
22 hours ago, CallumWK said:

 

Peanuts compared to the 787 million Fox paid for their false claims about the 2020 election.

 

And another defamation suit on the way.

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2025/06/27/newsom-fox-news-lawsuit-defamation.html

 

California Gov. Newsom sues Fox News for $787M, alleges defamation about Trump call

In my opinion it was a mistake to let themselves be bullied by trump but then again it would be great to see what comes around goes around……

Posted
23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

That will help him pay a small portion of his civil fraud case of $454.2 million plus interest. 

Maybe they will put a lien on the Whitehouse and auction it off 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...