The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi...

i dont know much about football or soccer but i was in cologne in 2006 (world cup) when england played vs. trinidad and tobago and germany vs. sweden (not so sure about which fought which but i am certain about those 4 countries. i had an article about it (spectator experience type, no didnt get to see the games not even on the free giant screen but the experience of being there was just great). it was published in a local daily. if you guys want to see it, let me know.

AND OF COURSE, IF I AM INTRUDING TOO MUCH, PLEASE LET ME KNOW TOO AND I WILL BACK OFF... NO PROBS. :D

We'd love to read it Aries.....bring it out mate.

There's no heirs & graces here mate your welcome to contribute....the more the merrier.......we've even got a Torquay fan lurking about somewhere :o

What a fantastic thread. Although I used to live in London, I have been a Forest fan since the great man Clough (and Taylor - they were a great management team ) were there in the 70's. It was their approach to football that actually got me interested in football again in my early 20's.

Sadly both of them are no longer with us, but I still go and see Forest when I am back in the UK.

Watching the old division 3 football isn't that bad. At least the best seats in the Brian Clough stand are only 25 quid.

I went to see Spurs versus Man U in February when I was back in the UK - a season ticket holder took me down there - but the ticket would have cost nearly 70 QUid.

Good game though 1-1.

Enough of the nostalgia - tell me Chavy where can we see the play-offs on the tele in Thailand. It looks like Forest will be in the play-offs - they could just do it in the last game if all the results go their way - but unlikely.

hi...

i dont know much about football or soccer but i was in cologne in 2006 (world cup) when england played vs. trinidad and tobago and germany vs. sweden (not so sure about which fought which but i am certain about those 4 countries. i had an article about it (spectator experience type, no didnt get to see the games not even on the free giant screen but the experience of being there was just great). it was published in a local daily. if you guys want to see it, let me know.

AND OF COURSE, IF I AM INTRUDING TOO MUCH, PLEASE LET ME KNOW TOO AND I WILL BACK OFF... NO PROBS. :D

There's no heirs & graces here mate your welcome to contribute....the more the merrier.......we've even got a Torquay fan lurking about somewhere :o

What a fantastic thread. Although I used to live in London, I have been a Forest fan since the great man Clough (and Taylor - they were a great management team ) were there in the 70's. It was their approach to football that actually got me interested in football again in my early 20's.

Sadly both of them are no longer with us, but I still go and see Forest when I am back in the UK.

Watching the old division 3 football isn't that bad. At least the best seats in the Brian Clough stand are only 25 quid.

I went to see Spurs versus Man U in February when I was back in the UK - a season ticket holder took me down there - but the ticket would have cost nearly 70 QUid.

Good game though 1-1.

Enough of the nostalgia - tell me Chavy where can we see the play-offs on the tele in Thailand. It looks like Forest will be in the play-offs - they could just do it in the last game if all the results go their way - but unlikely.

Welcome to the thread Dsfbrit, after Saturday's results we're only a point behind Donny with a game each left. We've got Yeovil at home & Doncaster have Cheltenham away. Cheltenham will be fired up as they need the win to guarantee saftey for another season. A point is no good to Donny if we win so they've got to go for it. I'm really looking forward to this Saturday.

If we're in the playoffs it looks like we'll play Leeds first !! Usually the playoffs are on Supersport and I have seen them on TV in the Londoner corner of Suk 33 before.

hi...

Good game though 1-1.

Welcome to the thread Dsfbrit, after Saturday's results we're only a point behind Donny with a game each left. We've got Yeovil at home & Doncaster have Cheltenham away. Cheltenham will be fired up as they need the win to guarantee saftey for another season. A point is no good to Donny if we win so they've got to go for it. I'm really looking forward to this Saturday.

If we're in the playoffs it looks like we'll play Leeds first !! Usually the playoffs are on Supersport and I have seen them on TV in the Londoner corner of Suk 33 before.

Thanks for the info chavy. I am in Pattaya, but could easily get up to Bangkok if need be.

I must admit - a few weeks ago I thought there was no real chance at all of automatic promotion.

Come on U Reds!!!

hi...

Good game though 1-1.

Thanks for the info chavy. I am in Pattaya, but could easily get up to Bangkok if need be.

I must admit - a few weeks ago I thought there was no real chance at all of automatic promotion.

Come on U Reds!!!

I know an English chap who's got a bar in Pattaya. He shows all the games every weekend. He'll have it on for sure. If we don't get automatic prmoton this weekend & we get to the playoff final, I'll arrange to come down to Pattaya to watch it. I'm about the same distance from Pattaya to Bangkok so is no hardship for me :D

Sad day today :o Mansfield finally went down to the Blue Square conference due to Chester getting a draw against Stockport. Chester were the last team the could catch. So who will replace them ? Torquay, Exeter, Burton Albion or Cambridge ? I wonder if "young Nigel's" team is up to the challenge ?

Sad day today :o Mansfield finally went down to the Blue Square conference due to Chester getting a draw against Stockport. Chester were the last team the could catch. So who will replace them ? Torquay, Exeter, Burton Albion or Cambridge ? I wonder if "young Nigel's" team is up to the challenge ?

It has to be Torquay. :D

It has to be Torquay. :D

You hope !!! :D

I know an English chap who's got a bar in Pattaya. He shows all the games every weekend. He'll have it on for sure. If we don't get automatic prmoton this weekend & we get to the playoff final, I'll arrange to come down to Pattaya to watch it. I'm about the same distance from Pattaya to Bangkok so is no hardship for me :o

What channel does he get that on then??? As for the other thread, I reckon 'young Nigel' is in luck this season.

I know an English chap who's got a bar in Pattaya. He shows all the games every weekend. He'll have it on for sure. If we don't get automatic prmoton this weekend & we get to the playoff final, I'll arrange to come down to Pattaya to watch it. I'm about the same distance from Pattaya to Bangkok so is no hardship for me :o

What channel does he get that on then??? As for the other thread, I reckon 'young Nigel' is in luck this season.

Supersport from South Africa.

Common you reds !!!!!!! beat Yeovil & Cheltenham draw or beat Donny........simple !!

Come on The Mighty Dale

Dale ready for promotion - Hill

Manager Keith Hill has assured fans that Rochdale are ready for life in League One.

Dale have already booked a League Two play-off place after collecting 79 points with one game left, and Hill is sure they can cope at a higher level.

"We have got most of our squad tied up to contracts for next year," he told BBC Radio Manchester.

"We are ready, there is no question about that. We are very young but we are also very brave."

He added: "There is a case for some experience. We are on our way to making the most of the plan we started out with.

"We are very pleased with the progress we are making, both on and off the pitch, as we have some really good young talent plus some of that experience to go with it."

Nice article in Four Four Two this month on Rochdale. :D

Entitled "Supporting Rochdale? Like choosing to be kicked in the <deleted>". :o

Great stuff.

Have you got a link Toady :D

Ill try and find one, but I got it direct from the hardcopy of the magazine.

Just witing for the final scores - think forest have done it???

Well done guys, and esp Chavy who must be a very happy Red Indian this evening. Glad you've piped "Dirty Leeds". :o

Well done guys, and esp Chavy who must be a very happy Red Indian this evening. Glad you've piped "Dirty Leeds". :D

Yeah, well done Chavy :D

Is it Calderdud IN now :o

I reckon that Caulderdud is IN for the moment. Chavy was still out celebrating yesterday afternoon from the SMS I received. Can't blame him, it's been a bit of a roller coaster season with Calderdud. :D

I think we can give him a few games to prove his worth in the championship. If not the chairman ought to get rid & bring someone else in. Now we've got Derby to look forward to next season....bring it on !!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Holloway will be given the bullet from Leicester now they've gone down to the L1 division. Mandric is reported to be furious :o

Pretty certain that he will be fired in the coming days. He should have stayed at Plymouth.

This is pretty drastic from Accrington Stanley.

From the BBC:-

Stanley release 11 in clear-out

Coleman's side lost 27 games in League Two last season (Getty)

Accrington Stanley have released 11 first-team players in an attempt to make wholesale changes for next season.

Manager John Coleman made the decision after his team finished the season 17th in League Two.

Leaving Stanley are goalkeeper Martin Fearon and defenders Graham Branch, Mark King, Mark Roberts and Shaun Webb.

Midfielders Jay Harris, David Mannix and Shaun Whalley also depart, as do strikers David Brown, Lee McEvilly and Leighton McGivern.

Also leaving the Fraser Eagle Stadium for the second time in 12 months is midfielder Andrew Todd following the end of his loan spell from Rotherham United.

Coleman told BBC Radio Lancashire: "It's part of football. We need to improve and need the facility to bring in new players, and in order to do that you have to let people go.

"A couple of them were difficult and borderline decisions, but we had to think about the whole package and what type of football we might have to play next season."

Also from the BBC:-

Hill spurns talk of 'derby' final

Keith Hill led Rochdale to fifth place in League Two

Rochdale boss Keith Hill has dismissed talk of the attraction of a Greater Manchester League Two play-off final.

Victory for Dale against Darlington in their semi-final, plus a Stockport win over Wycombe in the other would ensure an all North West Wembley meeting.

But Hill told BBC Radio Manchester: "I'm not bothered who we meet at Wembley if we get there.

"Whether it's Stockport or Wycombe, I'm not bothered. Either way it would be a great occasion."

He added: "It's an occasion we're aiming for. We're very close to achieving that aim.

"You can smell it now, you can almost feel it, but we've got to do a lot of work between now and Wembley.

"Obviously Darlington have the same ambition, so it's important we apply ourselves and re-focus for the two legged semi-final."

Come on The Mighty Dale :o:D

Agree with you there mate. He had a nice little number at Plymouth.

Had he stayed at Argyle he might have made the playoffs, we were sitting very nicely when he walked out. Glad to say that Sturrock came in and had a dam_n good go, albeit with a much depleted squad.

And now Hollowords is facing either Div. 1 football or the sack. Well sumnumna, back to gardening leave would be best I think!

I think he should stick to his news paper columns........if only for the laughs :D

Agreed. The term 'joker' couldn't be more aptly applied to anyone else in football! :D

David Platt could run him a close 2nd......we're just coming out of his "joke" of a reign at our place. :o

Archived