The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Di Canio it is.

Thankfully not Buckle :)

Got this off exeweb from a normally fairly reliable source "Buckle leaves on Monday FACT. Spoke with Torquay director yesterday and he goes tomorrow. He has one year left on contract and they expect compensation. Rovers are offering a substantial increase to his current TUFC contract. Furthermore Buckle still lives in Birmingham and certain squad members are not happy with the way he had an affair. The same director also said that the board did not want Torquay to get promoted yesterday because they couldn't afford it. Promotion would only net them £320,000 (I think he said, may have been £350,000) and that would not be able to match increases in wages."

is the Reading - Swansea game on tv in Thailand? Come on you royals

Not sure , but if not u could always watch it via here http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=117919∂=sports

Sopcast( download) normally gives a reliable and good quality stream then veetle,s (down load) not

if not those its pot luck with ' others'

Good luck 4 this after, If you win it will be a great effort, cos Swansea are a bloody good team.

I know its on at The Penalty Spot in Bangers, unfortunatley for me I am in a hospital in Chiang Mai so will have to rely on poor internet streaming :bah:

Di Canio it is.

Thankfully not Buckle :)

Got this off exeweb from a normally fairly reliable source "Buckle leaves on Monday FACT. Spoke with Torquay director yesterday and he goes tomorrow. He has one year left on contract and they expect compensation. Rovers are offering a substantial increase to his current TUFC contract. Furthermore Buckle still lives in Birmingham and certain squad members are not happy with the way he had an affair. The same director also said that the board did not want Torquay to get promoted yesterday because they couldn't afford it. Promotion would only net them £320,000 (I think he said, may have been £350,000) and that would not be able to match increases in wages."

Yeah, I was aware that he was not living in the area (I actually believe he has a house in Bristol), and I had spoken to one of the Newspaper Correspondents in Torquay last week and he had said it looks like he will be off, and that the board were not particularly concerned. Apparently Buckle has been applying for pretty much every job going over the last season.

Interestingly, we may end up getting the previous Bristol Rovers Manager Paul Trollope.

Will Exeter hold on to Tisdale??

Trollope may not be a bad appointment, he as in the running for the Swindon job for a while.

Worked wonders at the Gas on limited money. Fell apart for him when their board started selling players

Yeah would be a decent appointment, and he is also an Ex Torquay player as well.

I know its on at The Penalty Spot in Bangers, unfortunatley for me I am in a hospital in Chiang Mai so will have to rely on poor internet streaming :bah:

Get well soon mate.

Get well soon mate.

Yeah ditto that, hope it's nothing too serious TP.

Thought that Reading put up a decent show and at 3-2 maybe they were going to do it, shame bout those stupid needless pens, but no shame in losing to a v good Swansea team, Hope the hospital in Chang mai is ok and Get well soon. jap.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The wally with the brolly is our new manager !!!!!! OH JOY !!!!!!!!:blink:

As much as I liked Billy Davies, he has had his chances and I couldn't see him taking this squad up the extra gear needed to secure promotion.

McClaren will get on with the board, has achieved relative success and should be given some cash to play with.

Rochdale have appointed former Manchester City youth team coach,Steve Eyre,as their new manager replacing Keith Hill who has left to join Championship side Barnsley.

During his time at City Eyre guided the youngsters to five title wins and two FA Youth Cup finals.

Have the momentous goings on at Spotland eluded you in the desert,so far,mr bj ??:jap:

As much as I liked Billy Davies, he has had his chances and I couldn't see him taking this squad up the extra gear needed to secure promotion.

McClaren will get on with the board, has achieved relative success and should be given some cash to play with.

Doughty will back him in the transfer market, he has no choice now he's gone for a high profile manager....he did it with Platt which nearly buried us into the Blue Square North some years ago :(

Not sure what it was with BD? He was a good talker (& moaner) but when it came to the crunch failed miserably in the playoffs!

Rochdale have appointed former Manchester City youth team coach,Steve Eyre,as their new manager replacing Keith Hill who has left to join Championship side Barnsley.

During his time at City Eyre guided the youngsters to five title wins and two FA Youth Cup finals.

Have the momentous goings on at Spotland eluded you in the desert,so far,mr bj ??:jap:

Yeah Macc. Been in Jubail alot lately and the internet is <deleted>. When in Riyadh (just got back) it's much better. Thanks for the update, it looks like I've got alot of reading to catch up on. :jap:

Doughty will back him in the transfer market, he has no choice now he's gone for a high profile manager....he did it with Platt which nearly buried us into the Blue Square North some years ago :(

Not sure what it was with BD? He was a good talker (& moaner) but when it came to the crunch failed miserably in the playoffs!

So you've bought a new brolly then???

Nice opening day game for us stevenage away!! give the newbies a welcomeani.gif to the land of good football teams. There has always been a sharp rivalry between the 2 teams, so looking for a good 3 points to start the season of wellclap2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So you've bought a new brolly then???

Now... shock horror :o they want Calderdud as his assistant !!

yes, I have a new brolly....armed with poisonous tip !!

• 4 weeks later...

Following promotion last season most of us are expecting a bumpy ride in the Second Division so it was a pleasure to find the lads started the new campaign with a 6-2 victory for Arbroath over Albion.

Arbroath top of the league! cool.gif