Train 275 leaves Bangkok 05:55, arrives 11:20

Train 279 leaves Bangkok 13:05, arrives 18:05

To Bangkok:

Train 280 leaves Aranyaprathet 06:40, arrives 11:50

Train 276 leaves Aranyaprathet 13:40, arrives 19:10

Fare is 48 baht (one-way).

That is a great help many thanks

No problem. :o

I've never been to the Aranyaprathet-Poipet border crossing. If you go to Aranyaprathet on the morning train with the plan to return on the afternoon train, does that allow enough time to take care of "business" at the border?

If you miss the train then you can always get a bus back. Last one leaves for Bangkok at 6pm. Ticket price is about 130 baht.

The last time l went there it took an hour to exit the Thai side and another hour waiting in line at the Thai immigration office to get back in, so 2 hours can sometimes not be enough time if you are unlucky to arrive at a busy time.

If you miss the train then you can always get a bus back.

Sounds like a good backup plan. Another problem one needs to factor in with train travel is that the train doesn't always arrive on-time. If the train arrives Aranyaprathet an hour late, that would cut the turnaround time at the border.

should be about perfect timing ,dont mess about ,get off the train ,take a moto straight away -40 baht , likewise coming back ,did the run on wednesday .took 1.5 hours motos and immigration . of course every day will be different . is the way to go though ,much better than coughing up 2000 baht to go on an organised trip in a van .save yourself even more if cash is tight by getting your visa in bangkok before you go .20 american dollars as opposed to 1000 baht . if you do miss the train coming back is a first class bus at 3pm -164 baht . happy border hopping :o

well my wife, baby and I 'ran' yesterday using the train both ways. Although it makes for a longer day than doing the trip by bus it was a far more pleasant day, watching the country side go by and being able to move around a bit. We remembered to take some cusions and towels so we were pretty comfortable, I even managed a couple of hours sleep lying on one of the seats.

While my wife went across the border I had a wander around Aranya Prathet, which much to my amazment seemed rather nice, very clean and quiet. There are even a few western-style hotels and restaurants there so we will probably stay over night next time we go to break up the journey and get out of Bangkok for a bit.

On the way back we used the underground from Hualampung to Silom which was very impressive.