A New British Passport

Hi,

I recently sent my passport off to wireless from Phuket. They didn't pass over any visa's/stamp's. They simply issue your new passport and send that back with your old one. It is down to you to see immigration in Thailand. make a note in your paperwork that you need your old passport sent back with your new one, and send it by recorded delivery ( allowing you to track the post ).

Mine didn't take long to go through the motions @ the embassy, however, it was held up @ the post office in Bangkok for a few days.

My passports full and I'm about to post stuff off to Wireless road to get a new one.

What happens about the visa/stamps etc?

Do I have to go to Thai immigration?

Cheers in advance.

As was said above you have to go to an Immigration Office to transfer the visa but as you are only renewing your passport because it is full and presumably not expired or expiring before your next visa run you do not have to transfer it.

I was in the same situation as you will be in. New passport, full but valid old one with visa and the corner cut off to show it had been superceded.

I went to Phuket immmigration to transfer mine recently they saw that I only had 6 weeks or so to go before I renewed my Non O and told me to transfer it at the border. I believe the transfer fee is 2000 baht.

Transferred my old visa to the new passport, only a stamp not a full page sticker, at Sadao border crossing into Malaysia with no hassle in the overstay office and they did it for free.

My passports full and I'm about to post stuff off to Wireless road to get a new one.

What happens about the visa/stamps etc?

Do I have to go to Thai immigration?

Cheers in advance.

I was talking to the Hon British Consul in Pattaya a few days ago about the same thing, and he advised a personal trip to the embassy as a lot of applications are getting rejected at the moment becuase of the new requirements for photos - all to do with the biometrics!

A trip to our beloved embassy it is then. :D

Talking about photo requirements. I recently submitted 4 lots of photos before they were accepted for my work permit.

They say 2" x 2", but they mean 7cm by 5 cm. :o

Also it must be half head, half body.

Just about get the nipples in....

:D

How Much Does It Cost To Get A New Passport. Mines Is Valid Until 2012. But Like The Rest Of You Guys Is Full Of Stamps And Visa And Soon Needs To Be Renewed Any Info Would Be Good Cheers

same question plus can you get a passport with extra pages ?

Also looking to renew UK passport and want to do so before getting next Non 'O' visa stamp. Can anyone answer the following questions:

Can passport that has 4 years still to run and several empty pages be renewed?

Prefer to renew in Chiang Mai, when visiting friends, rather than going to Bangkok, has anyone done so with the British Consul?

If so how long did it take start to finish and can you pick up rather than use post ... mail seems to get lost here far too easily!

How does all the biometric stuff affect getting passport, does this mean passport has to be done in Bangkok/UK and then sent to Chiang Mai?

Thanks for any help.

Not British but I just had to replace a full passport.

For the photo the consulate provided a guide leaflet with a plastic window to check for size and bottom of chin to top of head limits of size tolerance. Naturally none of the photos I had fit the bill so I went to the photo shop , with the leaflet to show the girl what I needed.

At immigration there is a form to pick up at reception and you also need photocopies of :

Photo page from new passport

Photo page from new passport

Visa (if any)

Last "permission to stay" stamp

TM card

There is a girl with a photocopier on the pavement across the street almost opposite BKK immigration.

I renewed my UK passport a couple of months back.

Downloaded the forms from the internet, went along to the Post Office and payed the fee for passport and return post at the EMS/EML counter, can't remember which one it is.

The internet stated 10 days for processing so after 18 days I called the embassy to check on it. I was informed that it had only just arrived due to a hold up in their security screening of mail. They where extremley helpful and processed it that very day. It took a total of 21 days.

No need for a visit to Bangers in my opinion if distance is an issue.

I think the problem with the photos is easliy overcome. Read the requirements carefully and then make sure that is what you get.

I had mine taken but when I inspected them before leaving the shop, not only where they the wrong size but also included much of my torso. I politely asked the young lady to crop the picture until only head and very top of shoulders could be seen and resize them to exact specifications, she did this and I had no problem other than now I have a passport with a close up of my big ugly mush in it. :o

Also looking to renew UK passport and want to do so before getting next Non 'O' visa stamp. Can anyone answer the following questions:

Can passport that has 4 years still to run and several empty pages be renewed?

Prefer to renew in Chiang Mai, when visiting friends, rather than going to Bangkok, has anyone done so with the British Consul?

If so how long did it take start to finish and can you pick up rather than use post ... mail seems to get lost here far too easily!

How does all the biometric stuff affect getting passport, does this mean passport has to be done in Bangkok/UK and then sent to Chiang Mai?

Thanks for any help.

Even if your passport is 1 year old and empty you can change for a new one - you may want to change your photo because you dont like it! A lot of people are changing their passports before 2009 as this is when the ID card comes in. so any one applying on or after 2009 needs to also get an ID card - you may even have to return to UK to have one issued. Best advice to anyone is renew your passport now even if it will last another few years or more. A new one will give you 10 years and 9 months .

PS get a 48 page one if you do a lot of visa - as the new standard one has less pages and as you know it will soon fill up

Edited by pointofview

This link should take you straight to the page it can be downloaded from and remember to also read the photo one to. Probably C1 your after as I am guessing you are over 16 :o

Click on the menu for passports and it will give you price and address where to send.

32 page passport = Bt. 8,568.00

48 page passport = Bt. 10,368.00

The postal order is obtained via EMS as I stated before.

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1065721632030

Someone mentioned possibly being in Laos earlier and apparently they will send it there for 500baht extra.

Edited by UdonRoy