Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans: Why are Americans becoming crazier, by the year?

Featured Replies

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am informed wearing a baseball cap backwards drops IQ by 20 points.

Funniest thing was I asked for a photo of a redneck, white, trailer-trash American loser smiling and carrying an A.R. 15, the type that would vote for Trump, and wearing a t-shirt that says "I Love Murika". It literally gave me that image of Mark Whalberg. I was gobsmacked, but can't really fault it, can you? The hat was a bonus.

  • Replies 364
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PhilipHabib
    PhilipHabib

    Well if you're American then you know it's actually very few states you can open carry like in that photo, particularly the blob in the yellow shirt with what looks like a Bullpup rifle. Concealed ca

  • fredwiggy
    fredwiggy

    You haven't been there for decades so know almost nothing about Americans living there besides a few videos. The only way you can judge a population is by living amongst them for years, and actually i

  • GammaGlobulin
    GammaGlobulin

    Naturally, Folks, absolute and increasing CRAZINESS is just what we would expect to see from.... A people led by a CABAL of Law-School-trained nitwits. You see, Folks, in America.... The American P

Posted Images

All one needs to do is look at who the good folk of America cheesy have elected in the past to know they suffer from mental illness.

Mind you some of Australia's PM's are not turned out much better bah

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

A people led by a CABAL of Law-School-trained nitwits.

You see, Folks, in America....

The American People are being led by lawmakers who have been steeped in law-school-related unreality.

And, just to boil this all down to one causality:

The American People, led by lawyers, have turned their backs on.....

THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD

Nobody in government, in the USA, knows much about the Scientific Method, nor about Science, either.

And so, everything that can/could go wrong....DOES GO WRONG.

This is just Science 101.

These Lousy Lawyers.....the ones leasing the USA.....

Should all be put on a boat, and.....

Sunk in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean.

Americans need to get back to science.

And, we though.....

Americans had learned their lesson when Sputnik first flew over....beeping, beeping, beeping.

Apples and oranges. The legal system is for conflict resolution where the outcome is certain. The Scientific Method is not the same. The law uses scientists and experts when it is deemed necessary, so it’s not opposed to science. It’s simply that the process requires finality in every case whereas the Scientific Method is an ongoing process.

Like it or not, that’s the way it is.

When someone sues you, who are you going to call? A scientist?

6 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

All one needs to do is look at who the good folk of America cheesy have elected in the past to know they suffer from mental illness.

Mind you some of Australia's PM's are not turned out much better

7 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Here, I'll correct that for you.. "All one needs to do is look at who the good folk of America, along with all other nations, have elected in the past to know some plainly trusted the wrong candidate at times, and paid for their mistakes. Mind you some of all those other nations PM's have not turned out much better".

If one believes that carrying a weapon on the belt to protect oneself from the "real" crazies is a metric of crazy, then that person belongs in the metric of "real' crazies!

7 hours ago, PhilipHabib said:

Catch-22

I think in modern terms that is Catch-5.56

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

I am an American.

Therefore, I know, full well, that Americans are becoming crazier by the year.

Not only is it that Americans are becoming crazier, by the year, but also American Culture continues to become… crazier by the year.

Yes, Folks, just please choose your metric, and choose any metric you like.

You MUST ADMIT the obvious: American Culture and Americans are becoming crazier by the year.

When I was young, and living in America, it would have been thought exceedingly bizarre to see one’s fellow citizens walking around with guns on their belts, at least since the days of the Wild West.

image.png

And, so, are Americans not only going crazy, but also going BACKWARDS?

Choose any metric you like.

What is YOUR opinion why Americans are far crazier today than at any time in the past 100 years.

Advertisement

This is NOT a JOKE TOPIC, for sure.

I know whereof I speak, Folks.

My only question is…..WHY….Oh, Why?


Best regards,

Gamma


Note: I am so very happy to be living in Thailand, a place where I can BOTH escape this craziness, and ALSO enjoy a bit of peace of mind, FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD….


I will NEVER go back, except maybe to Maine, to live in the state of one million lakes, with FOXES and FISH, and with the relatively sane backwoodsmen and backwoods-women one can find there.

Advertisement

Arming oneself is not crazy.

It is a USA Constitutional right/ duty.

papa got his first gun at age 12.

1961... so eat my shorts GG.

  • Popular Post
7 minutes ago, papa al said:

Arming oneself is not crazy.

It is a USA Constitutional right/ duty.

papa got his first gun at age 12.

1961... so eat my shorts GG.

Guns are for p*ssies.

When I did the Camino de Santiago I carried a Bowie knife, for cutting through the undergrowth.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

No, I'll visit there to fish Cairns as soon as i can, and like what I've learned about the country, but the dangers there far outnumber those in America. I will swim anywhere in the US but never would in Australia, nor enter any waterways where crocs live. I knew about Australia's wildlife in grammar school, and being a history and geography buff, have researched all my years about all countries and what they have. I know a couple of Aussies that lived there all their lives and didn't know about the variety of wildlife there, as they stayed in the cities.

True about snakes and basic avoidance, although there are 12 in Australia that kill very fast, whereas in America we only have the 4 basic venomous species, and the worse, the coral, is rarely seen, while the others can be dangerous if enough venom is injected. Still, being smart where they inhabit does help.

Again, with such a huge population, more problems with money are going to happen, because of that population. Monthly payments on student debt in the US are based on income. The rich borrow more as they can afford it, so they have a larger share of the student debts there. True that both countries could adopt things that would benefit them. This is why it's always best to look at what works, no matter the country. Being a wildlife buff, I knew all about the myths before high school. I have no preconceptions and likely know as much about Australia's wild as you do. The same reason I know to go to cairns for a large Marlin.This is my passion, as I'm not a city person. Remember what those assumptions are.

You are chiding me about assumptions, while making them yourself. You know next to nothing about my outback experience, yet infer I am a city dweller. I have been both.

Every year for about 30 years, my favorite holiday was to go camping in western New South Wales. 2-4 weeks. Fishing for yabbies, slaying vermin, and helping out on stations where I was staying. Some of the clearest skies in the world.

Your history and geography reading simply cannot compare to lived experience. Just as I know sod all about marlin fishing, except via Hemingway.

Why are they crazier?

I think barefaced lying, having been made acceptable in everyday life, has a large part to play.

Indoctrination is just as bad, if not worse.......religion, guns, politics

The 'truth' seems to be relegated to an also ran.....almost a weakness.

  • Author
1 hour ago, jas007 said:

The Scientific Method is not the same.

Once again, you do not understand simple concepts.

Simple though they may be, the idea of using the Scientific Method in the support of enlightened governance is one obviously beyond someone who thinks Texas is the be-all and end-all.

Even an idiot Robot knows more.

I just typed in the following words, scientific method used in governance of a country to Google Search and here is what I got:

How the Scientific Method Works in Government

Governments apply the core steps of science to public administration:

  • Identify a problem: Notice a specific issue, like high traffic congestion or low school attendance.

  • Form a hypothesis: Guess a solution, such as "Building a bike lane will reduce car traffic."

  • Run a test: Try the solution in a small area first, called a pilot program or trial.

  • Collect data: Measure the real results, such as counting cars and tracking bike riders.

  • Evaluate and change: Keep the policy if the data proves it works. Stop or change the policy if the data shows it fails.

Real-World Examples

  • Behavioral Insights Teams: Also called "Nudge Units," governments in the UK and other nations test different ways to write letters for tax collection. They see which wording gets people to pay on time.

  • Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs): Nations use careful testing to see which job training programs actually help people find work before spending money nationwide.

  • Smart City Dashboards: Cities like Singapore use live sensors and data to adjust traffic lights and public transport in real time.

Benefits of Scientific Governance

  • Less Waste: Spending goes only to programs that prove their value.

  • Better Results: Policies solve real problems accurately.

  • Less Bias: Decisions rely on facts instead of political opinions.

Please tell me, SIR, that you are at least as intelligent as a robot.

OR, are you a True-Blue Texan?

Lord, help this man....!!!!

You are just another misguided Penn Grad; I have no doubt.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am informed wearing a baseball cap backwards drops IQ by 20 points.

It is stupid of me I know.......but I find that habit incredibly annoying....flat, peaked caps, are even worse.

People wearing hats in a bar/cafe/restaurant......especially those stupid beanie hats........... intensely annoying....for no good reason...555....weird.

  • Author
3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I have Medicare if I ever need it, no charge, unless I want to use a doctor's office.

That is correct.

Medicare is great, unless.....

Unless you might actually need it.

Just now, Will B Good said:

It is stupid of me I know.......but I find that habit incredibly annoying....flat, peaked caps, are even worse.

People wearing hats in a bar/cafe/restaurant......especially those stupid beanie hats........... intensely annoying....for no good reason...555....weird.

I don't worry about it, although it does forewarn me any conversation I have with such a person will not be wide-ranging.

  • Author
4 hours ago, temuFarang said:

It’s not them; it’s you.

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

The sane Americans, I mean.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't worry about it, although it does forewarn me any conversation I have with such a person will not be wide-ranging.

I glare at them with an intense hatred...... and then think.......what are you doing, what does it matter?.....555...

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I glare at them with an intense hatred...... and then think.......what are you doing, what does it matter?.....555...

We all have our phobias. Mine is an empty plate sitting in front of me after I have finished eating from it.

  • Author
1 hour ago, jas007 said:

Apples and oranges. The legal system is for conflict resolution where the outcome is certain. The Scientific Method is not the same. The law uses scientists and experts when it is deemed necessary, so it’s not opposed to science. It’s simply that the process requires finality in every case whereas the Scientific Method is an ongoing process.

Like it or not, that’s the way it is.

When someone sues you, who are you going to call? A scientist?

Please do not get me started on why such an ULTRA-litigious society as America is completely doomed, and rotting from within.

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

That is correct.

Medicare is great, unless.....

Unless you might actually need it.

Just think, you now have a 500% reduction in the cost of pharmaceuticals.

  • Author
1 hour ago, papa al said:

Arming oneself is not crazy.

It is a USA Constitutional right/ duty.

papa got his first gun at age 12.

1961... so eat my shorts GG.

You and your Pappy need schoolin'

And, Baby I ain't foolin'

Listen to this and get a new lease on life, and a new perspective while you are at it....

  • Author
3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

1) Multigenerational Brainwashing

Fox News Channel officially launched on October 7, 1996, under the leadership of media mogul Rupert Murdoch

2) Toxic Immigrants

Peter Thiel-Germany

Elon Musk-South Africa

Rupert Murdoch-Australia

Melania Trump-Slovenia

David Sacks-South Africa

Sebastian Gorka-United Kingdom

Sriram Krishnan-India

Chamath Palihapitiya-Sri Lanka

Conor McGregor-Ireland

Raheem Kassam-United Kingdom

GO...ELON....!!!!!!

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Just think, you now have a 500% reduction in the cost of pharmaceuticals.

50% reduced price of a product 1000% higher than the cost?

Ridiculous.

Just move to Taiwan and pay 5% of what the Americans pay, for the same medicines.

22 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

That is correct.

Medicare is great, unless.....

Unless you might actually need it.

Then you give them your card, and it's paid.

  • Author
Just now, fredwiggy said:

Then you give them your card, and it's paid.

Maybe, but....

I really think, even if free of charge, you really should stay off the Psychiatric meds.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

50% reduced price of a product 1000% higher than the cost?

Ridiculous.

Just move to Taiwan and pay 5% of what the Americans pay, for the same medicines.

Or move to Australia, where the maximum charge for most prescriptions is $7.50.

Oh wait, you have to be Australian, and we're quite choosy about who we let in.

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We all have our phobias. Mine is an empty plate sitting in front of me after I have finished eating from it.

My wife is a "feeder"......never managed to clear my plate yet.

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I really think, even if free of charge, you really should stay off the Psychiatric meds.

That's a low blow, dude.

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You are chiding me about assumptions, while making them yourself. You know next to nothing about my outback experience, yet infer I am a city dweller. I have been both.

Every year for about 30 years, my favorite holiday was to go camping in western New South Wales. 2-4 weeks. Fishing for yabbies, slaying vermin, and helping out on stations where I was staying. Some of the clearest skies in the world.

Your history and geography reading simply cannot compare to lived experience. Just as I know sod all about marlin fishing, except via Hemingway.

I wasn't talking about your experience. As far as my knowing about Australia, you do know there are thousands of books, documentaries and movies about Australia right? Land is land, no matter where it is. the differences are the fauna and flora, and the scents from them. You can eat all world food in America besides a few local types, but the majority is there.

Texas alone has all the various landscapes around the world, and all the weather without some extremes in cold. Beaches are the same all over, as are mountains, lakes, rivers, ponds and streams. You can learn everything about a country by reading and listening. then when you step foot there you see for yourself that it's what you researched.

I read about hunting in New York State before I hunted there, and it was exactly how it read, with just the smell of pine more than where I hunted in New Jersey.

I knew about Thailand decades before I moved here, and when I saw the mountains, waterways and beaches, it was exactly what I read about. The only things I didn't experience was the smell of the plants, and seeing the wildlife in person, but I knew about them before i came here.

If you're in the desert in Texas, it's the same as the deserts in Australia, Africa and the Middle East. Sand, lack of vegetation and water and many of the same types of plants. I won't smell the same plants as Australia has, or hear the same sounds, so the experience will be new, but the scenery is much the same, as well as the weather.The only thing I haven't experienced is very high altitudes.

The only difference between me fighting a Marlin and knowing all about the fish is the pull on the rod, as I've caught large fish before, but not a Marlin, so it'll be longer and harder fight. If I went to an Australian outback hunting, I could look around and see much the same topography as western Texas, with different plants, smells and wildlife, but it will be much the same. The Outback is just larger. I didn't say you were a city person, but those Aussies I know.

Edited by fredwiggy

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe, but....

I really think, even if free of charge, you really should stay off the Psychiatric meds.

I'll never need them, as I'm the one who studies psychology and my mind is fine. No fears, anxieties, depression, and grew up loved and cared for. From your posts, I do see some issues that need to be looked at. Remember, there are people who have excellent memories, and can remember what you say here.

15 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

That's a low blow, dude.

Just your usual garden variety deflection.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.