Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans: Why are Americans becoming crazier, by the year?

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Which culture is that? Crushing student debt, or the world's highest prison population? A President openly selling pardons to swindlers of people's life savings, and drug traffickers? A place with a murder rate 5 times that of Australia? Are those assumptions, or facts?

Your post reminds me of what Aussies sometimes say about Kiwis. Wonderful country, a pity about the inhabitants.

Very harsh. Fred said nothing untruthful.

  • Replies 364
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PhilipHabib
    PhilipHabib

    Well if you're American then you know it's actually very few states you can open carry like in that photo, particularly the blob in the yellow shirt with what looks like a Bullpup rifle. Concealed ca

  • fredwiggy
    fredwiggy

    You haven't been there for decades so know almost nothing about Americans living there besides a few videos. The only way you can judge a population is by living amongst them for years, and actually i

  • GammaGlobulin
    GammaGlobulin

    Naturally, Folks, absolute and increasing CRAZINESS is just what we would expect to see from.... A people led by a CABAL of Law-School-trained nitwits. You see, Folks, in America.... The American P

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Very harsh. Fred said nothing untruthful.

Neither did I.

3 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

All one needs to do is look at who the good folk of America cheesy have elected in the past to know they suffer from mental illness.

Mind you some of Australia's PM's are not turned out much better bah

I am not aware of any Australian PM that has profited from their office. A couple of them are basically unemployable outside politics.

OTOH, any President after Truman seems to have come out of office richer than when they went in, with handsomely-rewarded speaking tours and books post=presidency.

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

1) Multigenerational Brainwashing

Fox News Channel officially launched on October 7, 1996, under the leadership of media mogul Rupert Murdoch

2) Toxic Immigrants

Peter Thiel-Germany

Elon Musk-South Africa

Rupert Murdoch-Australia

Melania Trump-Slovenia

David Sacks-South Africa

Sebastian Gorka-United Kingdom

Sriram Krishnan-India

Chamath Palihapitiya-Sri Lanka

Conor McGregor-Ireland

Raheem Kassam-United Kingdom

Liberals & toxic food. Simple

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

FALSE

FALSE

FALSE

more fake news and you will be prohibited to enter the White House, or at least AN 🤣

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't know if I would agree that America's getting crazier by the year but it is certainly getting more dysfunctional and it has certainly declined dramatically. The leadership in America is definitely crazy and not only incompetent but incredibly irresponsible. The quality of life in America now is nothing compared to what it used to be, and many people are having a hard time just getting by.

I would say that there are a percentage of Americans that are untethered to reality, and continue to support a totally unhinged and completely insane semi-senile madman, who is single-handedly disrupting the world order, and causing an incredible amount of chaos and unnecessary inflation, in addition to unintentionally making China significantly more influential.

Every morning I wake up I'm grateful to be here in Thailand and away from that bizarre country. I go back 2 to 3 times a year and I can state unequivocally that I no longer recognize America. It is truly a pale shadow of its former self.

ripped-tear-grunge-old-closeup-american-usa-flag-stars-stripes-united-states-america-cloudy-sky-dark-mystery-style-86849226.jpg

Millions of patriotic, God fearing Americans support President Trump and his efforts to bring back American from the the left wing anarchists (crazies) that have decimated the American culture for years. These people are proud of the Make American Great Again theme started by President Trump. We have another two years of President Trump's term and there is still hope that he and his supporters will be able to stem the tide of left wing crazy.

Win.jpg

  • Author
2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Or move to Australia, where the maximum charge for most prescriptions is $7.50.

Oh wait, you have to be Australian, and we're quite choosy about who we let in.

I would love to move to Australia, actually.

  • Author
2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

That's a low blow, dude.

No, it is not.

It is merely great advice.

I have been warning about the hazzards of Psyciatric Drugs on many Topics.

You want I should post another?

  • Author
2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

That's a low blow, dude.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Topic is about why Americans are getting crazier by the year.

It is my considered opinion that the humongous unwarranted consumption of Psychiatric Drugs, by Americans YOUNG AND OLD...is driving America around the bend.

You can choose to disagree.

If you choose to disagree, then I will provide evidence supporting my claim.

  • Author
2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

That's a low blow, dude.

And, might I add:

I believe that TRUMP is one of the very FEW Americans who is not on Psychiatric Meds.

Trump does not need drugs.

Trump is one of the saner and most well-adjusted members of the American population.

Trump is sane.

They say he is not, but they are wrong.

History will prove my point.

Note: Sure. Trump enjoys fooling around and playing with the heads of Pin-Heads....but....how can you blame him?

You have said so, yourself, in one of your recent comments.

Right?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

  • Author
2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I'll never need them, as I'm the one who studies psychology and my mind is fine.

A Beautiful Mind.

I enjoyed the movie.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

My wife is a "feeder"......never managed to clear my plate yet.

I wish I had a wife similar to yours.

I never get enough to eat.

It's just too Dickensian at my house, for my liking.

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, might I add:

I believe that TRUMP is one of the very FEW Americans who is not on Psychiatric Meds.

Trump does not need drugs.

Trump is one of the saner and most well-adjusted members of the American population.

Trump is sane.

They say he is not, but they are wrong.

History will prove my point.

Note: Sure. Trump enjoys fooling around and playing with the heads of Pin-Heads....but....how can you blame him?

You have said so, yourself, in one of your recent comments.

Right?

Actually around 18% of Americans are on psychiatric meds and Trump's condition doesn't have a cure.

Are they more crazy then we europeans are foolish considering the awful people whom we vote for to run the European Union in Brusells ? We europeans are plainly destroying Europe but that's a different story. But what one could say for sure, is that the Brits and Americans tend to be very loud and mouthy in public areas and think they are all alone in the venue.

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If only I had been born in Scotland, where people, there, are able to accept and appreciate those such as I.

This is my deepest regret.

I should have been born in the Scottish Highlands.

And, if I had been born there, then I would never have left to come here.

I think you have read too many articles and envy the Scottish people in the Highlands who wear gum boots while tending to their sheep

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually around 18% of Americans are on psychiatric meds and Trump's condition doesn't have a cure.

Not an accurate percentage, I think it is higher

2 minutes ago, Jack Hammer said:

Not an accurate percentage, I think it is higher

It ranges between 13 and 20%.

7 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I have Medicare if I ever need it, no charge, unless I want to use a doctor's office.

Medicare Part A?

That has a US$1,736 initial charge, doesn't it? Does it cover prescription costs?

7 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Besides the places I've visited, family and friends have visited more. History and the internet has countless articles on all world places. Economy, food, architecture, cultures, weather, scenery, sports, activities, music, and much more. Easy to know what you're getting in to if you plan to move elsewhere, and staying there for a year gives you a good idea what to expect, especially after researching before you arrive. I researched Thailand for decades before moving here, and see it was spot on and a little worse in some areas. I never planned to stay here forever .

You can't live anywhere for free. I lived in the US for 62 years, visit yearly, will be moving back soon, and have family in 4 states and friends in many more, so know the living conditions as well as if I was still there 24/7. If you're a US citizen, it's your home forever and you don't have to do anything to stay.

I have Medicare if I ever need it, no charge, unless I want to use a doctor's office.

Food from all corners of the world, as good or better than anywhere, and readily available. Everything else you want to experience all in the same country.

If you don't have much money to spend, live in an area that costs less. Outside major cities but close enough to work. If you're retired, you can live comfortably there if you're frugal and not a spender (Waster).

No one really wants anyone to put down their country. If you know about where he lives, you know what to expect. It is what it is. Thailand has two seasons. Rain and dry. America has 4, with many sub climates that are wonderful to experience. If you like living here, and are comfortable, can do the things you like, and know you aren't a resident but a visitor, it's fine for you.

Check out the other replies, all year long, to the same member, from many others including now,to know what to expect. Unless of course you're another member who's been here and changes usernames like a select few do here, trying to stay incognito, which lasts only a few replies.

Which countries have you visited? You left that out.

Have you visited every continent, at least? If not, espousing that the USA is them all in one is quite the leap. Literally all in your mind. Fantastic even. Made all the more interesting by your diatribe complaining about someone who has opinions based on similar methods of reading and research.

If America has everything the world does in one place, then why did you bother to travel to Thailand?

I imagine those are the kinds of statements made that lead people to think that Americans are crazy. Perhaps they are used to lies and exaggerations.

Nothing is more different now as many english speaking nations have people with big egos, can be agressive in their speech in society and often talk far to loudly in conservative countries like Thailand. I often hear Brits, US or even Europeans speaking english far to loudly and boasting of their wealth when they are interacting in bars or restaurants in Thailand. We all know at the end of the day that those who really are loaded, do not need to brag loudly of their good fortune.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Topic is about why Americans are getting crazier by the year.

It is my considered opinion that the humongous unwarranted consumption of Psychiatric Drugs, by Americans YOUNG AND OLD...is driving America around the bend.

You can choose to disagree.

If you choose to disagree, then I will provide evidence supporting my claim.

Iceland has the highest usage, followed by Portugal, Canada, Sweden, Spain, Chile, New Zealand, https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/antidepressant-use-by-country

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You have said so, yourself, in one of your recent comments.

Yes, guilty as charged.

You know who else is barking mad?

The Fisher King !!

  • Author
1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Actually around 18% of Americans are on psychiatric meds and Trump's condition doesn't have a cure.

In fact, about 25 percent.

Look, again.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Jack Hammer said:

I think you have read too many articles and envy the Scottish people in the Highlands who wear gum boots while tending to their sheep

Ah....The Good Life.

Gum shoes are good shoes.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Jack Hammer said:

Not an accurate percentage, I think it is higher

Yes.

You are correct.

Higher.

Between 23 and 25 percent.

Fred's stats are always bogus....

What else is new?

  • Author
35 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Iceland has the highest usage, followed by Portugal, Canada, Sweden, Spain, Chile, New Zealand, https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/antidepressant-use-by-country

Baloney.....

You never ask the right questions.

And, therefore, you never get the right answers.

We are NOT talking about antidepressants here, Sir.

We are talking about Psychiatirc Drugs, as was plainly stated.

The rate in the US population is about 23 to 25 perent.

YOU GOT IT NOW?

image.png

And, this HUGE OVERUSE of Psychiatric Meds in the USA is driving Americans crazier by the year.

Do you understand now?

  • Author
11 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Yes, guilty as charged.

You know who else is barking mad?

The Fisher King !!

You know who else is barking mad......????

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

You are correct.

Higher.

Between 23 and 25 percent.

Fred's stats are always bogus....

What else is new?

Actually it's yours that are usually off, as I've shown you numerous times. Look again what I posted earlier. It actually ranges from 16-25%, depending on where you look. https://theconversation.com/are-too-many-americans-taking-antidepressants-284992

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Baloney.....

You never ask the right questions.

And, therefore, you never get the right answers.

We are NOT talking about antidepressants here, Sir.

We are talking about Psychiatirc Drugs, as was plainly stated.

The rate in the US population is about 23 to 25 perent.

YOU GOT IT NOW?

image.png

And, this HUGE OVERUSE of Psychiatric Meds in the USA is driving Americans crazier by the year.

Do you understand now?

Your go to is 100% AI, whereas others like myself already have the data stored and are constantly researching to update. That link was accurate about the countries. For you I would recommend Thorazine- 200 mgs

Approximately 1 in 6 American adults (about 16.5% to 17%) take prescription psychiatric medication, with some broader health estimates suggesting usage ranges up to 20% to 25% depending on the specific demographic and inclusion of all psychotropic classes.

Iceland has the highest rate of psychiatric drug (specifically antidepressant) use in the world, with roughly 168.9 daily users per 1,000 people according to the latest international health data.

Top Countries for Psychiatric/Antidepressant Consumption

Data tracked across developed nations via the OECD Data Explorer and compiled by global health reviews rank the highest users based on defined daily doses (DID) per 1,000 people:

  1. Iceland: ~168.9 users per 1,000 people

  2. Portugal: ~163.4 users per 1,000 people

  3. Canada: Ranks among the top three to five high-consumption nations

  4. Sweden: Consistently high utilization across Nordic regions

  5. Spain: High utilization within Southern and Western Europe...........

  6. Here's another link that proves you wrong..........https://www.voronoiapp.com/maps/Mapped-Worlds-Highest-Antidepressant-Usage-7872.

Edited by fredwiggy

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I'll never need them, as I'm the one who studies psychology and my mind is fine.

Another crazy funny statement. One prominent case being Jordan Peterson. Will you tell us that is because he is Canadian and not from the USA? Or that he isn't as smart as you?

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You and your Pappy need schoolin'

And, Baby I ain't foolin'

zip i, you Constitution-hating punk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.