Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans: Why are Americans becoming crazier, by the year?

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

In Darwin they had chain link fences that stretched along the beach. If the crocs don't get you maybe the great whites will.

And I just saw on tiktok they have barbed wire fences around the camping sites in many of those northern Australia, similar to South Africa in those areas , those country areas can be dangerous crime at night

Alice Springs, Broome , Carnarvon , Katherine....not to mention the drunken riots ....oh don't be racist !

Edited by georgegeorgia

  • Replies 364
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PhilipHabib
    PhilipHabib

    Well if you're American then you know it's actually very few states you can open carry like in that photo, particularly the blob in the yellow shirt with what looks like a Bullpup rifle. Concealed ca

  • fredwiggy
    fredwiggy

    You haven't been there for decades so know almost nothing about Americans living there besides a few videos. The only way you can judge a population is by living amongst them for years, and actually i

  • GammaGlobulin
    GammaGlobulin

    Naturally, Folks, absolute and increasing CRAZINESS is just what we would expect to see from.... A people led by a CABAL of Law-School-trained nitwits. You see, Folks, in America.... The American P

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

New South Wales, Queensland , and Byron Bay has had the most, Byron being closer to the mainstream current and it's popular surfing areas. Esperance on the western side also. Most attacks have been the Great Whites, but Bull and Tigers have quite a few also.

Lady Julia Percy Island in Bass Strait has a seal colony of about 11,000. Fishermen report having to fend off great whites from their boats. Anyone swimming there would not last long.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Lady Julia Percy Island in Bass Strait has a seal colony of about 11,000. Fishermen report having to fend off great whites from their boats. Anyone swimming there would not last long.

Why don't walk through Alice Springs on a Friday night and tell me if you last long ?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Bayou Oaks is a golf course near New Orleans. When I played it, there were signs with pictures of alligators on every water hole,warning golfers not to try retrieving golf balls, even in shallow water.

It's a recurring theme with you, isn't it ? When confronted by a fact which contradicts your opinion, you either double down, deflect, minimze or ignore.

Is your ego really so fragile you can't bring yourself to acknowledge when you are mistaken or wrong?

Bayou Oaks New Orleans.pdf

I actually lived in America those 62 years, and being a fisherman, fished many areas with gators, seeing them up to 10 feet long withing a few feet on many occasions. Talking to many Florida fishing guides and landowners, where we saw them sunning on their lawns which backed up to the lakes.I had them hit my lures, and fished quite a few golf courses in Florida where I walked up to them and some approached me while Bass fishing. All ran away when I moved towards them. They are ambush predators, which is why they at times have attacked a person who's near the shore in high weeds or grass.

They are rarely a threat, usually mistaking people for prey when they swim at night, which isn't a smart idea anyway. They go after dogs quite a lot as they're much smaller, and some attacks were people that were walking dogs near waterways and tried to get in between the dog and gator. One such happened this year where an elderly woman was drowned after her dog was first attacked while another woman watched. I wade fished many lakes in Florida, as have thousands of others, and all waterways in Florida have gators, so you watch out for them.

Yes, you should be smart when walking near any waterways where gators live. The same goes for walking where venomous snakes live. The snakes are more dangerous, as they're harder to spot and will strike if you get too close, whereas a gator will usually walk away. Gators in the US have killed around 40 in America over the last 50 years.

I'm quite the opposite of having a fragile ego. I'm the one who's worked out for 50 years and have no fears or reasons to feel inadequate in any way.I was raised with love and care, and taught to be independent early on, so you might want to list that as yet another assumption of yours you include once in awhile for reasons only you know.Some people have accomplished physical things most never will.

Edited by fredwiggy

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why don't walk through Alice Springs on a Friday night and tell me if you last long ?

I would last longer than I would in Murrum Bridge.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

I actually lived in America those 62 years, and being a fisherman, fished many areas with gators, seeing them up to 10 feet long withing a few feet on many occasions. Talking to many Florida fishing guides and landowners, where we saw them sunning on their laws which backed up to the lakes.I had them hit my lures, and fished quite a few golf courses in Florida where I walked up to them and some approached me while Bass fishing. All ran away when I moved towards them. They are ambush predators, which is why they at times have attacked a person who's near the shore in high weeds or grass.

They are rarely a threat, usually mistaking people for prey when they swim at night, which isn't a smart idea anyway. They go after dogs quite a lot as they're much smaller, and some attacks were people that were walking dogs near waterways and tried to get in between the dog and gator. One such happened this year where an elderly woman was drowned after her dog was first attacked while another woman watched. I wade fished many lakes in Florida, as have thousands of others, and all waterways in Florida have gators, so you watch out for them.

Yes, you should be smart when walking near any waterways where gators live. The same goes for walking where venomous snakes live. The snakes are more dangerous, as they're harder to spot and will strike if you get too close, whereas a gator will usually walk away. Gators in the US have killed around 40 in America over the last 50 years. I'm quite the opposite of having a fragile ego. I'm the one who's worked out for 50 years and have no fears or reasons to feel inadequate in any way.I was raised with love and care, and taught to be independent early on, so you might want to list that as yet another assumption of yours you include once in awhile for reasons only you know.

IIRC you claimed you were smarter than me. Prove it.

Edited by Lacessit

I must agree. American leftists get crazier with each passing day.

Lunatics of the Left!

It’s always the glasses or hair.

I have many more!

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC you claimed you were smarter than me. Prove it.

I've shown it all along, in different subjects. You likely know more about politics than I, as it means little to me, but in basic intelligence in many subjects, I'm likely a lot more educated. Psychology, geography, animals, firearms, bows, crossbows, handguns, hunting and fishing, nutrition, exercise, wildlife, war history, wine, movies, music, and more I'm surely above your knowledge, but it's hard to prove besides what you've said yourself about yourself. In person it would be easy to prove. I've been an outdoorsman almost all of my life, so I read all about things outdoors, with thousands of books, magazines and videos, along with shows on sharks, gators, crocs and all other game species. Living in Australia doesn't make you an expert on these.

Edited by fredwiggy

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I would last longer than I would in Murrum Bridge.

Where is that?

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC you claimed you were smarter than me. Prove it.

Very easily done. The content of your post explains everything.

19 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why don't walk through Alice Springs on a Friday night and tell me if you last long ?

East Alligator River in the North has been known as the most dangerous Croc place for a long time. Salties by the hundreds there for the fishing. Still not near as bad as Indonesia or Africa's Zambezi for the Niles.

Edited by fredwiggy

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've shown it all along, in different subjects. You likely know more about politics than I, as it means little to me, but in basic intelligence in many subjects, I'm likely a lot more educated. Psychology, geography, animals, hunting and fishing, nutrition, exercise, wildlife, war history, wine, movies, music, and more I'm surely above your knowledge, but it's hard to prove besides what you've said yourself about yourself. I've been an outdoorsman almost all of my life, so I read all about things outdoors, with thousands of books, magazines and videos, along with shows on sharks, gators, crocs and all other game species. Living in Australia doesn't make you an expert on these.

His claim of fame is he’s an award winning journalist. Monday morning General with his own parking spot at the O club, based on his expertise in foreign affairs , wars and conflicts.

Oh, and the most highly educated person on the forum. Just ask him. He’ll tell you.

Edited by HolmesEquivelant

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Where is that?

An Aboriginal settlement about 15 km from Lake Cargelligo, on the Lachlan River, in western New South Wales.

It's an urban myth Aboriginals live in the desert. In reality, they are almost always camped around permanent water.

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am not aware of any Australian PM that has profited from their office. A couple of them are basically unemployable outside politics.

OTOH, any President after Truman seems to have come out of office richer than when they went in, with handsomely-rewarded speaking tours and books post=presidency.

So, the lifelong benefits including 24 hour security, Limo and driver plus the golden handshake pension are excessive

9 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

So, the lifelong benefits including 24 hour security, Limo and driver plus the golden handshake pension are excessive

I don't begrudge Australian politicians a good pension if they improve the lot of ordinary Australians. They work long hours and deal with complex issues.

Having said that, the corruption evident in the American body politic is at an entirely different level.

56 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why don't walk through Alice Springs on a Friday night and tell me if you last long ?

You would fit in well there, you could be everybody's boy

3 hours ago, Brettoj said:

Americans live in a bubble. They’re bought up to believe they’re exceptional. They seem to watch a Hollywood movie and if it’s based on real life, it becomes a history to them. The American is always the hero. American news has very little world news meaning you know little of the outside world.

Then theirs the politics. It seems in America you have to pick left or right and then almost violently protect your side no matter how bad they perform. You also have lower standards for politicians and leaders. Trump would never have found himself eligible for a political position anywhere else in the democratic world. Why you wanted a failed businessman as President confounds me. In Australia where I’m from we have those dedicated left and right apologists we call rusted on. They’re in the minority thankfully and with our compulsory Voting, it’s the swinging voter who changes government. Regardless of how I vote I can congratulate the otherside for good decisions and policies and express my disdain at my side if they act stupid or do something i don’t like. Our most popular party at the moment is a far right party who is taking votes from traditional left and right even though their Policies in total don’t agree with either sides in big ways but with neither traditional side listening their soaring in the polls.

In short Americans need to travel more and when they arrive in a different country should refrain from posting on instagram how they can’t believe it’s not like America. They should also open their eyes to the reality happening in front of them in Politics rather then getting their thoughts direct from their party!

  1. We are exceptional. You’re just jealous.

  2. Hollywood is a joke.

  3. World news every day. We are the heroes. You’re just jealous.

  4. If you don’t protect what you believe in, what type of man are you. A liberal?

  5. Trump became eligible to become president under US guidelines. Other countries guidelines are/were irrelevant. Especially Australia.

  6. Trump was/is a highly successful businessman. Every successful businessman has had a few bad years. That goes with the territory. He lives in Trump Towers, MarA Lago and has billions. And was elected PRESIDENT! YOU HAVE/ARE NONE OF THE ABOVE. You’re just another jealous Australian.

  7. I’ve traveled extensively. Has the average bogan (yourself) Other than (yikes) Bali?

  8. I don’t do instagram.

  9. My eyes are wide open. The reason why I loathe leftist with a passion. MY prerogative. My Choice.

3 hours ago, Brettoj said:

Americans live in a bubble. They’re bought up to believe they’re exceptional.

We, Yanks, are exceptional, well, the Constitution is.

Gives us the right to express our opinions without fear of arrest. We get to defend our loved ones & home with firearms that should almost match anyone's, wishing to do us harm.

That's called 'FREEDOM'

Don't be envious because you don't have the same in your country.

18 hours ago, Storkit said:

Movie and scene?

Cairo swordsman scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

[Really you should learn how to do an interweb search]

  • Author
8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

It's been the truth. Different sources, all within that parameter

You mean you use different mutually conflicting sources of data and call this the Truth.

In that case, I would call someone like you Mr. ChaBuDuo.

Mr. Cha would say, isn't a 7 the same as a ten?

The Scholar Hu Shih told the Chinese people that they must discard antiquated thinking in imprecise thinking.

You should also listen to him, I think.

CLOSE ENOUGH just is not good enough during our modern times.

"Chabuduo Xiansheng" (差不多先生) or "Mr. Close Enough" is a famous satirical allegorical character created by Chinese scholar and writer Hu Shih in 1919

  • Author
8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Millions swim in America in all the southern states but there's rarely a problem. No one in their right minds would swim in Croc infested waters in Australia or anywhere else the Salties inhabit as they see us as food, and kill many yearly where they live.

How many do they kill in Australia?

image.png

ONE OR TWO

Also, this is why nobody should ever go swimming in the United States if one is on Martha's Vineyard.

We all know about the dangers of shark attacck.

  • Author
7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

image.png

image.png

OK.

When I get to Maine, I will strap a pistol to my head.

Of course, in the backwoods, it is very wise to carry a pistol if you know how to use it.

But no need to wear one if you are at the gas station unless you plan on holding they hostage and stealing their gas.

  • Author
6 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Satire from wikipedia.

"in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule,"

That definition fits the bill for me.

In reply to your statement "You actually think" Well yes, or at least I think I do.

The forum was, without a doubt, better when it was Thai Visa.

However, change happens and involves moving onwards and upwards, or so I'm lead to believe.

As a result this forum is now a mainly American populated gossip site rather akin to social media.

Is that a good thing?

That depends on your expectations.

I assume you are referring to Heaven when you state that we are moving onwards and upwards.

Heaven will be an improvement.

And so, yes a good thing and we all have Great Expectations.

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK.

When I get to Maine, I will strap a pistol to my head.

Of course, in the backwoods, it is very wise to carry a pistol if you know how to use it.

But no need to wear one if you are at the gas station unless you plan on holding they hostage and stealing their gas.

Crime can happen at any time, usually when you least expect it. Always carried (concealed w/permit), though never really needed it.

In the backwoods, carry the biggest thing you got, 357mag for me. Especially if hiking is a hobby. Not much will stop a bear. Hopefully the noise would be deterrent enough.

Ain't carrying a rifle, too cumbersome. 8mm was way too heavy to be carrying around. Look silly with the AK. Mini 14 would be just OK.

Edited by KhunLA

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

You mean you use different mutually conflicting sources of data and call this the Truth.

In that case, I would call someone like you Mr. ChaBuDuo.

Mr. Cha would say, isn't a 7 the same as a ten?

The Scholar Hu Shih told the Chinese people that they must discard antiquated thinking in imprecise thinking.

You should also listen to him, I think.

CLOSE ENOUGH just is not good enough during our modern times.

"Chabuduo Xiansheng" (差不多先生) or "Mr. Close Enough" is a famous satirical allegorical character created by Chinese scholar and writer Hu Shih in 1919

It all shows a variable figure. Conflicting sources are there for most every subject available. This is why you get various figures for everything. Different polls, opinions, studies, bias, all get different results. Those listed were within the realm of accuracy. Close enough is good for many subjects, as it gives you an average, which is constantly changing.

Arguing over something you know little about besides looking for AI for an average in answers isn't helping you. You aren't the one interested in those with depression and what to do to help but are just trying to make yourself look more educated than you are. That you are arguing over a few numbers that change yearly shows this.

Close enough is just fine, as it doesn't affect you nor I, and saying I'm the one who uses these drugs also shows it's you that likely would benefit from them. This along with the way you've posted all these years. I listen to experts on subjects. Not fly by night opinions you garner from Youtube.

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK.

When I get to Maine, I will strap a pistol to my head.

Of course, in the backwoods, it is very wise to carry a pistol if you know how to use it.

But no need to wear one if you are at the gas station unless you plan on holding they hostage and stealing their gas.

Remember from a couple of days ago? You are never going back to the US, and want to stay in Thailand. Or was that China? Or where next week?

  • Author
10 hours ago, placnx said:

It's OK to go back, but don't stay too long. The so-called food might kill you if somehting else doesn't. Thai food here is marvelous, but not particularly good in the US, even in LA. There is good Western food in Thailand, too, but more expensive than Thai food. However, such good Western food is more expensive in the US than here.

The biggest problem in the US is the internet that has empowered the crazies. Now they've found each other. Social media also makes people become socially detached.

You are correct that American ultra-processed food is helping to make Americans crazier.

Sugar destroys the brain and teeth.

The high salt and fat content increases weight and promotes high blood pressure and diabetes and leads to craziness, since nobody can exercise when they are obese.

Also, depression is caused by being fatties and not exercising out in the sun, which leads to consumption of even MORE Psychiatric Drugs, and those can lead to mass murder, etc.

Americans will NEVER become healthy again, though they might become Great again.

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

How many do they kill in Australia?

image.png

ONE OR TWO

Also, this is why nobody should ever go swimming in the United States if one is on Martha's Vineyard.

We all know about the dangers of shark attacck.

The dangerous places for Shark attacks in America are California and Florida. Crocs kill an average of two a year in Australia. Many in Africa and Indonesia. Martha's Vineyard has never had a fatal shark attack and only a couple of bites.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Crime can happen at any time, usually when you least expect it. Always carried (concealed w/permit), though never really needed it.

Shooting someone in the USA can have its downsides.

  • Author
Just now, fredwiggy said:

The dangerous places for Shark attacks in America are California and Florida. Crocs kill an average of two a year in Australia. Many in Africa and Indonesia. Martha's Vineyard has never had a fatal shark attack and only a couple of bites.

I thought you said many when you were speaking of Australia.

The point is, feel free to go swimming in Australia.

Great beaches down under.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.