Visa Run Accident

Look, i cant be bothered to go around in circles. I made my point, you guys made yours - whatever, mai bpen rai. I will say though - i have motive to post as i know Herbert, i like the guy and i like his service. I am bound to leap to his defence and i would not do so if i did genuinely think is service is not brilliant, which it is. I hope you respect my opinions and consider them honest as i genuinely believe every single word i have posted.

Matius postings however are begining to creep me out just a little. I just do not understand his motive. Clearly, he is on a one man war to anon post on the Samui forum, slandering Herberts service for no aparent reason other than.... well, he dosent like him. Going to the extreme of pointing this thread out to his 'friends' and encouraging them to post also is totaly bewildering and i just cant grasp his reasons here.

I have many friends that i could direct to this forum and post positivley about his service but they would likely tel me to bugger off and get a life. Sadly, your friends seem as desperate to slander an honest guys business as you are.

It makes me wonder if Matius is actualy a customer of Herberts that caused problems on a visa run previously and he has a personal dislike of the guy.

Either way, its strange.

As for his 'friend' who did the visa run from Suk to Cambodia - i have also done this visa run - the company is Jacks Golf. How on earth this is relavent to this thread, i will never know..... for a kick off, Bangkok to Cambodia is a heck of a lot closer than Samui to Malasia and as far as i remember, there is no ferry trip half way between the run.. Now that his friend has made this rather bizzare comparison however, i should point out the time when i was on a visa run with this company and witnessed 3 French guys stranded at the Cambodian border as they had used there 3 x 30 day VOI's and could not get back in. Herbert, for all is 'shouting' as you so dramticly put it would certainly not let this situation arise. Sure, on the Cambodian run from BKK you are greeted by a nice looking Thai girl who smiles sweetley - but does very little to ensure you are taken care of, other than give you a wet towel. I would substitute this for an unshaven Austrian who checks and double checks all aspects of your paperwork and has everything planned in fine detail, any day of the week.

Feel free to continue with your little war, Mattius. Sadly, it will not make any difference as herbert continues to run the most successful visa trip firm on Samui and has an incredible customer base who would not dream of using anyone else. Should you tire of ranting on this forum, you may wish to rant to herbert himself at his office. He is located opposite the Immigration office in Nathon and if need be, you can also have a chat with the immigration officials whilst you are there, regarding any self percieved notions you may have of illegalities on Herberts run. Im sure the boys in brown would be happy to clear up any ambiguity you may have in this respect.

Regards

GBJJ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems to be a lot of new members here sticking up for Herman(Herbert). Obviously he has a great PR/Damage control team in place.

It just seems strange where all these people come from when somebody posts a legitimate gripe about something or someone.As far as I'm concerned Safety and comfort are a big issue.

First of all some facts:

1. his name is Herbert and not Herman.

2. he is an austrian falang, not german.

3. this accident was on a VisarunTrip to Malaysia, not on a 1day Borderrun.

4. there is no alcohol allowed on board during travel, if somebody have problems with that...take another company for visaruns.

5. if some customer can´t wait 3-4h until the next stop (go toilette)...take another company for visaruns.

6. if you feel stressed on these trips with Herbert....take another company for visaruns.

7. if somebody not like or understand the humor of Herbert and his style....take another company for visaruns.

8. if somebody know a company they have drivers who can stop a minivan from 120km/h to 0 km/h in 3seconds, pls. tell me.... :o

The comments seems resonable.

- why is a lower speed with the minivan more comfortably?

- how much more secure is a visatrip if they drive just with 100km/h (instead of 140km/h)

I do not think it is safe to drive on a normal road in Thailand at 140 km/h. (Same in Italy anyway, only recommended on a 6 lines California highway, where of course the cops take you to jail if speeding over 100 km/h :D )

May I ask what is the speed limit in Thailand and will the insurance pays for an accident at 140 km/h?

Maybe all Herbert need to do is to just lower a bit the speed, the minivan will last longer, gasoline will be saved, people will sleep better on the bus, more customer will be happy :D

A Visarun from Samui is complex and expensive, more choise people have is better.

Thailand Speed-Limits: :D

Speed limit for cars is 60 kph. in town, 100 kph. on highways and 120 kph. on motorways except when overtaking.

Who want to talk about security on roads in LOS........

specially on samui-island......the speedlimit are 45 kph, around the hole island,

but....who cares? 90% of traffic has a speed between 60-120 kph, true or not?

Everybody knows, that samui-island is the most dangerous place in thailand.....who cares? :o

I can just say that the traffic in thailand has rules, but who care about these rules?

Most of the people are "Life-tiredly" or in thailanguage "büa tschiwiit" or in german "Lebensmüde".

...but back to "Herbert the sprinter"

the roads/highways from Donsak to souththailand are in much more better conditions then the roads on samui.

Nothing to compare. I personally know many thousand's of kilometers roads in LOS, most of them are good.

In this case, no problem to drive 120-140 kph.

About the traffic-law, if the police will stop Herbert's minivan about his highspeed in the night......

what's happend....that's him problem to pay the police, the ticket is not mine.

...3 people (farang&thai) on a motorbike with no helmets and 60 kph.....is that safe?

please do not make this accident-story bigger as they really is :D

Dschok dee khrap

PS: if somebody stay in thailand now and he is scary about the safety on the roads here,

then better go back to europe (pratheed falang) and enjoy the security there.

Especially falangs who talk the whole time that in europe everything is better than in LOS.... :D

(why these people stay here, i d'ont know, sorry)

Haven't any of the Herbert fans heard of the laws of physics? The faster you go - to longer distance it takes to brake it stop. Think of darkeness and situation when you watch this video clip. Add at least twice the distance and thats were you will be with Herbie the van. Driving 140 km more or less doubles braking distance compared to 100 km/h...:

http://jumpcut.com/view/?id=25B1B5A45B2211DCB074000423CEF682

What kind of insurance you've got? I don't need the stress these formula visa runs bring... I also wouldn't mind little grip on customer service if I buy service.

- Time is relative - when you're alive -

This thread is a perfect example of the idea "to each their own". Some people like the efficiency and speed of the service. Others don't. We are all adults here and should, by this point in time, be fully cognizant of the results of speeding. Those who don't like it, don't have to use the service. Not sure why this is so hard for the anti-herbert crowd to grasp. The facts have been laid out, pretty clearly, by both those pro and con. Anyone interested will merely have to use their own judgment to decide what is best for themselves.

///CLOSED///