Crackdown On Smoking In Night Entertainment Venues

george

I'm so happy some of you farangs don't have any power to vote, with your love for the nanny-state. Wasn't this what you moved from?

Here, here. I moved here because, like so many of us were fed up with too many rules being imposed.

Now we have the nanny state argument - a duty of government is to protect its citizens and with the knowledge of the health hazards of secondary smoking they are merely performing that duty. If it was a nanny state they would be doing something to help people with their nicotine addiction.

Cheers BB

If the goverment has duty to protect its citizens from health hazards, why not ban the following.

Harley's.....they create noice polution and damage our ears.

Alchohol....it damages your liver and kidney's.

Sex...... it gives you all those nasty diseases.

to name few.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me included. :o

Just to take your hypothetical question a step further, what if you have two clubs side by side. (such as in Walking Street, Pattaya) One club is for smoking, the other for non-smoking.

How do you stop the smoke from the smokers club drifting into the non-smokers club?

If your answer is with industrial strength exhaust fans in the smokers club, how do you stop that extracted stench from finding its way into nearby hotel rooms, restaurants etc.?

The outdoor smoking sections in some of the clubs here in Australia are now creating this concern for people living next door to the clubs. Second hand smoke from the outdoor smoking areas drifting into their homes.

Me, i am one of the citizen who just would take the risk of the effects of second hand smoke, life is risk, and i see it as a lesser evil than being too much controlled by too much laws. that hurts me poor freedom loving individualist psychological. i escaped a totalitarian state and be quite sensitive when it comes to government restrictions and official regulatory procedures. and i rather take the risk of SHS then listen to pettifogging arguments. just have a look at your hypothetical situation with a smokers pub and non smokers pub door to door. (on walking street, pattaya, where some great western ideas rules) you talk about the amount of smoke that could sneak and drift from the very bad side to the good side. but how big will be the impact on the good side, if you send all the smokers in front of the door compared to the situation if you just let them continue their habit inside, behind closed curtains, in a private business venue, family run.

anyway, congratulations, that law will come. you are the winner. fortune favours fools.

and you seems to be pretty hardcore, whats your idea of punishment for those who break the law and still smoke in the old pipe smokers club. that law just creates another 'crime', how you deal with the villains? to keep it under control you have to create another buerocratic complex, waste tax money for it instead to spend it on education for example. looks like in australia could be more done for it.

and what my real concern is, that law could be the first step in a further development. it's just the beginning, a test run. you say you applaud that law because you want go hassle free to night entertainment places. for what ? having a beer or two some other alcoholica or grab the offer your exemplary walking street, pattaya has to offer? someone could argue (your resticiting law loving government) that is nothing what a "good citizen" should keep in mind nor beer drinking or other thing you can do at a night entertainment places does our society any favour. difficult to denial, so we need new laws on the agenda.

Here, here. I moved here because, like so many of us were fed up with too many rules being imposed.

So now you have moved to a Country that has ever changing Visa Laws, where you have no rights, no citizenship, you can't own land, can't own a house, can't vote, and are only legal at the whim of an Immigration Officer.

Good move.

I am now going out for a football match. Wonder if that is a smoking or non-smoking football pitch.

I can imagine all 22 players holding a cigarette in his hand running around. Wow looks like paradise!

you live on the very very bright side, do you?

but i will tell you, the majority if not all of our smokers know the difference between a fair kicking the ball in a football game and having a decent beer in a pub with cigarette. two completely different social and cultural situations. and only the latter on is on topic here.

you don't see the obvious difference? let me guess, you are one of these smart non-smokers, clever enough to save brain power and let the government make the decision for them, right?

anyway, congratulations, don't bother with arguments that makes sense or are convincing. that law will come. you are the winner. fortune favours fools.

on last question, because you like analogies. how much of medical supply and resources needs a top league football club per year and how long i could run a children hospital with the same amount of money and working hours. and how big is the amount of environmental damage done by football fans coming with cars to the stadium or teams and fans taking the aero plane and that every weekend or more often. and all the waste of energy when people watching on millions of TV sets a boring game where 22 adult men chasing a ball. and the amount of TV sets has recently increased, because the smokers don't watch together on one television in a pub anymore but alone at home. and then have a look at all the damage is done by football fans who don't know how to behave and actually punch innocent bystander in the stomach. in many cities of national or even provincial league football clubs in different european states you have to be careful where to sneak around on a game day.

and if you call smokers selfish and dislike them, because they ask for a right to have convivial gatherings in their old traditional family run pipe smokers club, how you can defend this hugh lunacy of football circus with all his negatives? or shouldn't be better a total ban and law against it? what's your opinion?

for the pub, i would go for the ban. why watch football in a pub, thats disgusting, the games are, the fans are, the stockings the player wear, all disgusting.

better watch Mister Ed, the talking horse. a sophisticated TV show and my braincells would not get an irreversible damage like you can observe on many football watching people and those football fans wouldn't burst my ear drum when they with their yeaaa, ughhh, hoooow roar slip into a retarded state of rage. i think you know these kind of people i am talking about. you could ask them to stop smoking because your astma or just dislike it and it is possible that they are fair and obey. but 100% sure they will not be able to switch to the brainfood Mr. Ed or any other educational channel and ask them to shut up and be quiet will also not work.

ohh, how longer i think about, football is a much bigger social nuisance and more evil then smoking cigarettes.

and the deviant behaviour you will not only find in the underclass, also on the top of the world.

the crème de la crème. the 22 worlds best and finest player. watched by millions upon millions, watched by young boys in the search for a role model.

modern gods in the battle of the olymp. praised as the goods, as the athletics, the lusty and healty and smart non smokers of course.

and what you get to see, they don't kick the ball as it should be done by the rules. they head-butt each other. superior.

how was your game today?

I'm so happy some of you farangs don't have any power to vote, with your love for the nanny-state. Wasn't this what you moved from?

Now we have the nanny state argument - a duty of government is to protect its citizens and with the knowledge of the health hazards of secondary smoking they are merely performing that duty. If it was a nanny state they would be doing something to help people with their nicotine addiction.

Cheers BB

If the goverment has duty to protect its citizens from health hazards, why not ban the following.

Harley's.....they create noice polution and damage our ears.

Correct! They force people who don't want to hear those noises and they damage our ears!

Alchohol....it damages your liver and kidney's.

No need to, you can soak yourself in alchohol to death. It does not harm us in any way. The worst we will have is to pay a few baht for your coffin van.

Sex...... it gives you all those nasty diseases.

Again no need to, you can even do a gang bang in the streets and that is not going to hurt my eyes a single bit, as long as they are not forced into it.

to name few.

Name them please!

Me included. :o

Just to take your hypothetical question a step further, what if you have two clubs side by side. (such as in Walking Street, Pattaya) One club is for smoking, the other for non-smoking.

How do you stop the smoke from the smokers club drifting into the non-smokers club?

If your answer is with industrial strength exhaust fans in the smokers club, how do you stop that extracted stench from finding its way into nearby hotel rooms, restaurants etc.?

The outdoor smoking sections in some of the clubs here in Australia are now creating this concern for people living next door to the clubs. Second hand smoke from the outdoor smoking areas drifting into their homes.

Me, i am one of the citizen who just would take the risk of the effects of second hand smoke, life is risk, and i see it as a lesser evil than being too much controlled by too much laws. that hurts me poor freedom loving individualist psychological. i escaped a totalitarian state and be quite sensitive when it comes to government restrictions and official regulatory procedures. and i rather take the risk of SHS then listen to pettifogging arguments. just have a look at your hypothetical situation with a smokers pub and non smokers pub door to door. (on walking street, pattaya, where some great western ideas rules) you talk about the amount of smoke that could sneak and drift from the very bad side to the good side. but how big will be the impact on the good side, if you send all the smokers in front of the door compared to the situation if you just let them continue their habit inside, behind closed curtains, in a private business venue, family run.

anyway, congratulations, that law will come. you are the winner. fortune favours fools.

and you seems to be pretty hardcore, whats your idea of punishment for those who break the law and still smoke in the old pipe smokers club. that law just creates another 'crime', how you deal with the villains? to keep it under control you have to create another buerocratic complex, waste tax money for it instead to spend it on education for example. looks like in australia could be more done for it.

and what my real concern is, that law could be the first step in a further development. it's just the beginning, a test run. you say you applaud that law because you want go hassle free to night entertainment places. for what ? having a beer or two some other alcoholica or grab the offer your exemplary walking street, pattaya has to offer? someone could argue (your resticiting law loving government) that is nothing what a "good citizen" should keep in mind nor beer drinking or other thing you can do at a night entertainment places does our society any favour. difficult to denial, so we need new laws on the agenda.

You can go to Iraq or Afghanistan if you like freedom. But just don't complain when other peoples' freedom abuse yours.

Yes they shoot every direction. Good fun good freedom. Exactly what you describe, life is risk.

I want freedom to cut peoples' heads off!

Edited by meemiathai

This whole controversy comes down to one simple solution - injectable nicotine in a legal socially acceptable environment. No more need for ashtrays. Just have proper medical waste bins available in all public places for the syringes. Everyone can be happy!

You can go to Iraq or Afghanistan if you like freedom. But just don't complain when other peoples' freedom abuse yours.

Yes they shoot every direction. Good fun good freedom. Exactly what you describe, life is risk.

I want freedom to cut peoples' heads off!

that's stupid. freedom have nothing to do with the lust to cut other people head off. who told you that?

and of course life is risk. did you never play the risk card? either ... or?

decided for yourself what you want to study. maybe in five years the labour market for chemists is tight. decided for yourself for what company to want work for?

the small one where i can quicker climp career ladder, the small company with a skyrocking success next year or just bankrupt. or a more secure but boring job in a big company where daddy worked for 30 years. take it now or leave it, maybe next week comes an better contract in an other city maybe not. in many cases you have to make ad hoc decisions without knowing the finally outcame. you have done it never ever?

your are not coming coincidentally from north corea and all about your born school work death is inside the all perfect 100 year juche plan?

you take all the time only orders don't have a free will? is there really no risk in live, why complain about 2nd. hand smoke. it's all karma or juche plan or however you called it and predetermined?

live is risk and the only doubtlessness is death. the jackpot and finale price nobody can take from you.