Chiangmai Flying Club Anyone?

rafaelo

I think when Austhaied gets back from his next diving stint in about 5 weeks, and the weather clears up a bit, he, myself, Dustoff and perhaps others will be involved in an ultralight course....perhaps not what you are refering to, but I thought I would mention it. We'll keep you posted if and when the ball gets rolling. :o

McG

hi,i'm thinking about taking the intensive private pilot lesson course at the Chiangmai Flying Club?

has anyone here done it?

i would like some feedback on the experience

thanks

rafaelo

i have personally known chris newman who is part of the team there and according to him, its probably one of the cheapest places to get your pilot license in the world!

go check it out, take a few flights and see what you think for yourself.

anyone interested in a group of four to take a flight to pai in a cessna, get pissed for the night and fly back the next day???

anyone interested in a group of four to take a flight to pai in a cessna, get pissed for the night and fly back the next day???

Only if I"M FLYING THE PLANE on the way back, Tigger....hope you like 2+ G's, stalls and hammerheads......

post-23786-1189254504.gif

:o

McG

post-23786-1189254479_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcgriffith

Only if I"M FLYING THE PLANE on the way back, Tigger....hope you like 2+ G's, stalls and hammerheads......

post-23786-1189254504.gif

:o

McG

2+ g-strings mcspicy???? :D

I was also considering attending a PPL course at the Chiang Mai Flying Club, from browsing the website it seems professional.

A good place to start for those who may wish to proceed further and attempt the CPL test (Commercial Pilots License) which I isn't advertised with CM Flying Club?

As a comparison and another option there is also - Civil Aviation Training Centre - main office in Bangkok, training in Hua Hin, have a look here:

Http://www.mga.co.th/civil/flight

Tel: 66 (0) 2272 5741

Good luck.

I think when Austhaied gets back from his next diving stint in about 5 weeks, and the weather clears up a bit, he, myself, Dustoff and perhaps others will be involved in an ultralight course....perhaps not what you are refering to, but I thought I would mention it. We'll keep you posted if and when the ball gets rolling. :o

McG

Hopefully will get the time when back in CM. Although i doubt it until mid December.

Here's a link that may interest. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122542

McG

yes keep me posted, thanks

R

i have personally known chris newman who is part of the team there and according to him, its probably one of the cheapest places to get your pilot license in the world!

the course is very cheap but the airplane rental is very expensive so it ends up costing the same as is in the US,.. but i'm here now with the time and the $$$... so that works out just fine :o

Sorry to say

I just got a call from a friend who works in the hospital that Chris or his student had a prang.

My friend said the other person died. I suspected this was unreliable so I then checked with another friend who knows his wife well. She seems to think everyone's OK. Let's hope so.

Edited by sleepyjohn

Sorry to say

I just got a call from a friend who works in the hospital that Chris or his student had a prang.

My friend said the other person died. I suspected this was unreliable so I then checked with another friend who knows his wife well. She seems to think everyone's OK. Let's hope so.

I am sad to authenticate some parts of your news.

On Friday (14th) I was at the Tango Squadron air museum and one of the reliable but more junior Thai enthusiasts there said that a Cessna had lost power on take off from Lamphun 2 days before and gone down off the end of the runway. They said that the instructor (English) was in hospital injured and that others were hurt, but no report of any fatality.

Nothing in the media that I've seen yet.

Do hope all this is over-stated.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to say

I am sad to authenticate some parts of your news.

On Friday (14th) I was at the Tango Squadron air museum and one of the reliable but more junior Thai enthusiasts there said that a Cessna had lost power on take off from Lamphun 2 days before and gone down off the end of the runway. They said that the instructor (English) was in hospital injured and that others were hurt, but no report of any fatality.

Nothing in the media that I've seen yet.

Do hope all this is over-stated.

Are there any news on this? I actually wanted to start taking pilot's classes here at my new winter residence in CM but the sudden end of this interesting thread made me think about general safety issues here. Yes, I know it could have happened anywhere and I don't want to generalize, but safety seems to be a term which is of less concern here in Thailand.

Has anyone actually learned flying here and could give some more information? Will I be able to convalidate or somehow use my PPL in Europe or the US?

hi,i'm thinking about taking the intensive private pilot lesson course at the Chiangmai Flying Club?

has anyone here done it?

i would like some feedback on the experience

thanks

rafaelo

well, i finally got around to checking out the the ppl course at chiang mai flying club, today.

i saw the airfield, met 2 students, one of them had just completed his first solo flight..., talked to the several instructors, chief engineer, operations, and the person currently in charge of the school.

everyone is so nice and relaxed and professional. the training planes are so cute! one of them was clearly whispering 'fly me'

i also saw the remains of the plane that crashed and everyone was very open talking about what happened, one of the students saw it happen.. it was pilot error from a licensed pilot... and everyone walked away...

i can't wait!

i'm really excited to be starting next month... :o