Thaivisa Classifieds (new Site)

george

I posted an ad but made a mistake ( a zero too much) so i deleted the old add and made it new...would be a good idea if an already listed ad could be modified without deleting it? other than that i think it's great ....the left side advertising Banner is a bit irritating as it covers part of the list.

may :o

I have send an ad with a pic JPEG 263k - somehow it did not appear after publishing. Possibly because the file name was longish, wrong format or too big. Pictures do sell.

There is as well a limit of 2k letter for a description - which might be limiting sometimes. The more text in the ad - the better for the site in the search engines.

I posted an ad but made a mistake ( a zero too much) so i deleted the old add and made it new...would be a good idea if an already listed ad could be modified without deleting it? other than that i think it's great ....the left side advertising Banner is a bit irritating as it covers part of the list.

Hi May,

What browser and version are you using? Firefox. Intenet Explorer, which version?

Edit own ad will be implemented soon.

Thanks!

Hi May,

What browser and version are you using? Firefox. Intenet Explorer, which version?

Edit own ad will be implemented soon.

Thanks!

Hi George ,

I am using Seamonkey 1.1.4 (Mozilla/5.0)

btw , the left advertising banner seems to be in-place now....

thx may :D

Edited by May

Perhaps a swap section would be interesting....a place for people to exchange items. I've seen it done in other publications. People exchange cars for boats, gift certificates for concert tickets, video games, whatever.

Makes for interesting reading as well :o

Impossible. Never visited the site before, so there is no old cache. Anyway, Opera, IE and Firefox, all show, at 11:30 pm, Phuket time, " Note: All fields marked with * sholud be filled out."

Ted

Spelling errors...

"Note: All fields marked with * sholud be filled out."

You might have had an old cached version (CTRL-F5), should be correct spelled now. Pls let me know if still wrong spelling. Thanks!

Will the original classified section on this site remain ?

Yes and no. Some ads will be exported for classifieds site and be visible at the normal Thaivisa clasifieds subforum , but we will (soon) no longer accept classified ads submission in the forum itself.

Perhaps a swap section would be interesting....a place for people to exchange items. I've seen it done in other publications. People exchange cars for boats, gift certificates for concert tickets, video games, whatever.

Interesting, could you please open a new topic re "swapping" here in Support forum and we take it from there? Do you mean barter?

Impossible. Never visited the site before, so there is no old cache. Anyway, Opera, IE and Firefox, all show, at 11:30 pm, Phuket time, " Note: All fields marked with * sholud be filled out."

Ted

Spelling errors...

"Note: All fields marked with * sholud be filled out."

You might have had an old cached version (CTRL-F5), should be correct spelled now. Pls let me know if still wrong spelling. Thanks!

Then your ISP is caching your content (transparent ISP proxy). We had that word misspelled yesterday on the ad submit page, but it was fixed this morning.

Go there and press CTRL-F5 and you should get the latest version from your ISP.

Interesting, could you please open a new topic re "swapping" here in Support forum and we take it from there? Do you mean barter?

I have tried to get a "swap" topic going in the past click here to see it....unfortunately it didn't fly.

I thought perhaps in a "classifieds only" site it may get some legs.....let me know if you'd like me to try again.

Eric

One thing I'll say which needs improving though is that when you click on a category from the front page, only the first 10 items in that category are displayed. This would be all well and good if there was a clear and obvious way to then list all the rest of the items in the category - however there is only a tiny text link to do this, squeezed up against a huge Google ad! Not very user friendly and will probably scare many people off as it took me a good minute or so to even notice the link, others may not stick around for so long.

• 3 weeks later...

in the real estate section so far there is no any ads in the Property exchange and only a very few in the Office space (4) and Commercial properties (9). Would be good to make some new categories - wanted house/appartment rent residential, wanted holiday home rent, wanted house/appartment buy.