Working As An Architect In Thailand?

hi everyone. i'm new to this forum, and i'm seriously considering moving to thailand for a few years.

i'm an architect, and a 3D illustrator, and would like to work as an architect in thailand. i've learnt from this forum that arhchitecture is one of the professions not allowed for foreigners.

is there a way to work in a thai architecture firm as a 3d illustrator? is there a way to work as an architect but have the title of a 3D illustrator in a firm? does anyone here have any experience in these matters?

many thanks in advance, and best regards,

noam

No idea about demand for 3D illustrators but you are probably best off speaking to foreign architectural practices, rather than the local ones. Try firms like Woods Bagot, Cityspace, Hassell, Stephen J Leach etc they all seem to be quite busy at the moment.

Best of luck.

hi everyone. i'm new to this forum, and i'm seriously considering moving to thailand for a few years. i'm an architect

Thailand needs architects as most of those who call themselves architects can only produce floorplans and designs equalling the skills of semi-educated chimps on whom lobotomies were performed.

unfortunately your chances to work as an architect are similar to the survival of a snowball in hel_l.

You can work as a designer I believe, you do your design and plans etc and get a thai architect to sign off on your stuff. This usally costs around 10k I believe for the signature.

I know a so called architect, one that has no idea, is useless and incompotent to the max, yet he works under this situation and is getting plenty of work., canadian and all.

I know a very nice thai architect you could chat with if interested, buy him lunch, perfect english.

Just to add Architectural Services are a defined Business in which Thai nationals are not ready to copete with foreigners {Annex 3: Foreign Business Act}

This may have a bearing on the above noted quality of such services within the Kingdom and would require a lateral approach.

Regards

the magic word for just about any foreign professional who wants to work in thailand in one of the "reserved" occupations is "CONSULTANT." many foreign professionals work for thai companies in the reserved occupations by being labeled a consultant to the firm in that occupation.