Looking For Gym Equip..

morphy

i am looking to buy a flat bench, bar bell, dumbell set and free weights. i tried tescoe but could not find any. could someone advise me where i can buy this and save me a lot of time searching.

many thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

there's a shop selling that stuff on the moat... how do i explain where? ... well if you do a U turn with the moat on the right...after the U turn the moat is then on the right next left takes you to the left turn to get to sowan doc hospital!.... right where you do that u turn there's a shop selling this stuff...

Sorry, SPIKECM - but reading your directions I'd have a tough job finding the place! And I was at the shop just a few weeks ago......... :o

Allow me to translate: the shop is on the inner moat road, about 100-200 metres south (i.e. with the traffic) from Suan Dok Gate (i.e. the west side of the old city).

To the OP: they have that kind of stuff there - talking cash will get you a discount. A lot of the gear on display there is the walking/cycling machine type - but they can order in other stuff from the catalogue.

I also saw what you're after in the big Sports World store at the back of Kad Suan Kaew (aka Central mall) - Floor 2 or 3? - and at Robinsons (Airport Plaza). Curiously, if you're looking for a bargain on the free weights, there are some cheap ones in the electrical place that you'll find at the car park level of Carrefour (Superhighway). In terms of benches, Carrefour have the flat type but only with additional "ab-crunch" bar - as well as at least one simple inclined bench (looked like it was fixed at the incline).

Does anyone know where to buy a really good elliptical machine.?Very good gym type quality, not a rickety machine made for home use. :o

As per the suggestions I gave to Morphy - but you'd probably need to order through the store. They all have catalogues of gear that they don't hold as stock.

Maybe put together a shortlist from here: http://www.elliptical-trainer-reviews.com/...e-equipment.htm then see which you can order and for how much.

Does anyone know where to buy a really good elliptical machine.?Very good gym type quality, not a rickety machine made for home use. :D

May have to buy an imported one from Bangers to get a decent one. Something like a Kettler or Tunturi at couple thousand bucks would be strongly built I'd say. Could go for a 20k baht local beauty, but going by your stance, you'd rather something that won't disintegrate before 2008's out :o

Nearly bought a Concept II rower from a distributor in Bangkok who deliver to CM regularly at the standard price of about 70,000, but didn't go for it in the end. I'll see if I can dig out the company if you like...

I bought a multi-station home gym at the moat store mentioned previously and much bargining to get the price down to 40K from 70K. Went to CMU with them to check out an installed one that their PE department had just bought. Bike chains rather than cables for the heavy weights. White color and thoroughly reliable. Excellent equipment and I am very satisfied.

While I was there, saw a excellent dumbbell rig with more pairs of weights than I will ever use. Hard rubber weights so floor is not damaged when you set the weights down elsewhere than in the rack. Falang who left Thailand gave it to them on consignment, paid 20k. What a buy!!!

The guys that work there are quite helpful but suggest you don't act over eager and with a few visits with price presented as a major issue, you should get a major discount, as they have no money invested in a catalog ordered item.

When I looked at a gym quality step machine in BKK with electronics it was 400K. I am happy with my rickety Tesco one for 4k baht. In time, you get used to "rocking and rolling" on less stable step machines. Treadmills are a different story. Clearly the less electronics offered with the machine, the cheaper it will be.