Whats The Best Voip International Service You Use From Thailand?

Gerry290

Turns out my package is Maxnet for Life up to 2.5M (Premier package). Not the Indy one as I thought.

Still right now in Pattaya the Maxnet for Life up to 2.5M (Premier package) is a bloody disgrace, it is crawling slow, crashing, hanging, too slow to make a decent VOIP call, and a pain in the neck, very bad for business

Here is the prices from Maxnet when I asked them about the BIZ package and which is best for VOIP>>>

Biz (Maxnet 4 SME/Biz)

Speed (Kbps) Present Prices / Month (Not include VAT)

Maxnet Biz up to 1 M 1024/512 5,900

Maxnet Biz up to 1.5 M 1536/512 9,500

Maxnet Biz up to 2 M 2048/512 15,900

Maxnet Biz up to 3 M 3072/512 27,500

No 3 Is BIZ suitable for International VOIP or which package can give me best for this

TT&T : The Biz is the best for internationnal VoiP because the bandwidth for the Biz is so width which can use VOiP better than Indy or Premier.

Now I just email them back and asked what is better for International VOIP and speed on internet ???

Maxnet Biz up to 2 M 2048/512 price month (ex VAT) 15,900

VERSUS

LEASED LINE FROM MAXNET

Speed 256 Kbps --->> 15,000 Baht / Months Installaion 8000 Baht/ first time and Free Rental Router

Provide + 8 FiX IP Address for service

- Provide Router

- Web hostion Silver plan

- MRTG Network Monitoring 24 Hrs and help for link down not over 3 hrs internet can up

- Link Back up for service

- Garantree for Speed and Garantree for Service

Aside for the 8000 B installation for the Speed 256 Kbps LEASED LINE

256 Kbps LEASED LINE 15,000 Baht / Months and Maxnet Biz up to 2 M 2048/512 price month (ex VAT) 15,900

They are almost the same price per Month.

Re what I posed above about my set up, what I do with VOIP, and the demand for serious VOIP quality and fast internet in general..... What do the guys with experience on here who posted on this Thread think it the best for me.

I am only one talking on VOIP, I do have an online asp database open in explore, and usually another browser.

My assistant she does not talk on the phone, but doing her work normally hs 2 internet browsers open.

Use webmail at the moment too online instead of outlook.

So aside from my voice on VOIP there is no major files being up loaded or down loaded.

15000 B is about 340 euro a month, (85 E a week, on 7 day week is approx 12 euro a day)..

Is 12 euro a day worth it to me to spend for my business to HOPEFULLY get stronger, faster, more reliable internet, and clear quality on voice outbound to ireland VOIP calls for my business? Along with a bit of peace of mind. (when your internet reliant for business a week or two or low quality too slow internet, not only is bad for business, its bad for ones sanity)

YES I would certianly say it is worth it to me...at 15000 a month.

Just need some advice please on what you think would be best for my own set up?

Thanks

Gerry

Gerry,

Here is what I would do in your situation.

1. Regrade DSL line to 1meg on the premier package.

2. Order a 128k leased line. Price for the 256k does not warrent the over engineering.

3. As temporary measure use the linksys router attached to the leased line router for voice calls.

4. Use the regraded DSL line for the computers.

Before I signed the leased line contract I would

1.Make dam sure that you will get 128k on international routes. This can usually be done by requesting that the border gateway routers set CIR (constant information rate) bits to 128k for your connections.If one "cheaper" route does not have 128k availbale it will go to a route that does. Should help with the international congestion issues.

2.Check if the leased line allows burst speeds. If it does not ask them to make sure that the EIR(extended Information rate) of the line is set just above 128k not at 128k.

2. Subscribe to the leased line as a trial for a month to check the quality. Check your international speeds when the engineer is onsite. Don't let the guy go until you have 128k international to UK/Ireland. If you cant get that - tell him to take the kit home with him. Test your voice calls (by making a call) with G711 mu law codec - thats the largest bandwidth, if it works fine with this, keep reducing the codecs until you can get to something smaller and still have good quality.

3. If most of your calls are UK/Ireland then you will probably be hitting the same gateway all the time. Clarify with the VOIP company where the fastest connection to them is. Get static routing implemented to this gateway.

4. If all is well, bin the linksys and get hold of a good qualtiy IP phone or high end ATA - see your VOIP company for these, dont use another router behind the leased line router.

Edited by dsys

A friend of mine, was on email to me, has London based IT Recruitment company, however the telesale's cold calling IT Managers all over UK, Germany, Scandinavia , Benelux & IT candidate screening & general CV slinging all done from small office they started in India, near perfect English Indian lads, micromanaged & reading sales scripts banging out calls on the VOIP system with numbers for relevant countries they dial into.

Told me on brief email, he had a few months back serious voip quality troubles & other issues too. due to hear more in a few days. He said in email 2 cruder methods they used to enhance quality

"The secret is to have split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running

on the other. Or a cruder method would be to have just 1 machine for voice

only and the other machine for email, etc"

However, he must be on the soft phone on PC set up.

Just out of curiosity, interesting to hear what our experience technical VOIP people think of the idea....

" split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running on the other."???

Of course, as a complete novice myself, and having learned very helpful information & obviously the source of my own quality issues on voip as per OP's above. If they used IP hardward Phones they would not need to "split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running on the other."? or even as I will attempt to set back up this weekend as a tempoary measure the Linksys voip configured router with phone (as opposed to soft phone over PC).

I find Skype Out calls to Ireland are pretty good as in I can hear and people I call for most part say then can here me very well too (as opposed to my own dublin, ireland based voip suppliers bad outbound my voice quality),.

Perhaps Skype out is a good back up to have.

Interested in experts view points on (as I am seeking to fully understand what my friend in Indian issues/solution is re what he recommends...

"The secret is to have split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running

on the other. Or a cruder method would be to have just 1 machine for voice

only and the other machine for email, etc"

Can anyone tell me how I could split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running

on the other.

Is it easy to do, or do I need special software, i or have to bring to computer job to do?

Thanks

Gerry

Or a cruder method would be to have just 1 machine for voice

only and the other machine for email, etc

Tht is essentially waht i suggested by using an ata or ip phone so it would work but its a waste of a pc.

The secret is to have split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running

on the other.

I guess he is suggesting that you either partition your hard dirve or add another pysical drive. Never tried this but as a pc works faster when the OP system and data are split accross partitions I guess this would work. Don't know enough about the workings of hard dives etc to comment properly on this.

However, he must be on the soft phone on PC set up.

I'd think so.

Can anyone tell me how I could split your hard drive and have voice running on one and other data running

on the other.

If you want to try it the easiest way to do it your self is to use a utility like partition magic 8 form symantec. Create a new partition then install the softphone on this new partition. As I said don't know enough about how hard disks work to say if this will work, best solution is to ask your friend exactly what he did.

If you're not confident doing it yourself, get your mate to send an instruction sheet and bring the machine down to the reapir shop - easy for them to do.

• 2 years later...

I know this post is a bit old, but I have the same exact problem as Gerry in the Philippines. The funny thing is, I'm moving to Thailand end of December because of the bad VOIP situation here. I was told by someone Internet quality is better in Thailand.

I'm using a VOIP hardware based phone (Ooma, ooma.com) for my business which was working perfectly back home in California until I got here in Asia.

I have done some VOIP tests and the problem is always the network Jitter and QOS. I guess my goal is find an ISP which offers a low jitter, and high QOS connection near pattaya.

I'm losing business everyday because of this. I wonder Gerry ever was ever able to solve this problem? Can anyone offer any advise or solution for this issue?

Thank you in advance!

James

• 2 months later...

SpeedVoIP News January 2010: VGSCLite--Seamless Integration with Legacy Softphone or Dialer for VoIP Anti-blockage

Today many ISPs controlled by government are performing blockage of VoIP all over the world, especially in UAE, Oman, Qatar, and Africa. There are several ways to bypass blocking imposed by ISP even in these countries. Many service providers turn into VPN or VoIP Tunnel solution to allow use of VoIP and work around current blocking issue. But they have their own drawback such as high overhead and delay or poor quality when high call capacity. Now an entirely new approach is at your finger and accepts your choice.

Now SpeedVoIP launches innovative anti-blocking solution VGSCLite for integration with your legacy softphone or dialer. And it’s targeted for any 3rd-party SIP softphone such as X-Lite/Eyebeam. The biggest advantage of VGSClite is easy and affordable to integrate anti-blocking feature into your existing branded Softphone/Dialer in operation that reduces tough development and testing effort.

Benefits

Seamless integration with legacy Softphone/Dialer;

Reducing recurring costs significantly;

Free you from repeatedly buying softphone/dialer;

Any 3rd-party Softphone/Dialer supported;

Most comprehensive codec support including g.711/g.723/g.729ab/iLBC/gsm/speechX;

Excellent voice quality without any latency and performance compromise;

Maximum call completion rate and maximum voice service duration;

SIP core standards and a variety of drafts supported;

Proprietary link layer protocol for call controlling;

Bypassing Narus and Verso platform detection;

Flexible user-customized encryption policy driven;

Strict call path protection and security up to termination;

Only simultaneous signaling/media/T.38 fax packet support across any firewall;

No network or firewall modification is required;

Available on main-stream Windows OS.

VoiceGuard Products ( software and hardware option)

VoiceGuard SPE VoIP Adapter (VGSPE) – VoIP anti-blocking ATA device which is available in 1 - 4 FXS & FXO ports;

VoiceGuard Border Controller (VGBC) – Hardware, supports any brand of ATA/Gateway, such as Linksys PAP2;

VoiceGuard Communicator (VGCommunicator) – Fully SIP compatible Softphone/Dialer for PC2Phone and PC2PC services;

VoiceGuard Standalone Client (VGSC) for Windows – Perform encryption for any brand of ATA/Gateway/IP Phone, such as Linksys PAP2, Grandstream gateway, IP Phone;

VoiceGuard Client SDK (VGSDK) - Incorporate voip anti-blocking capability into existing legacy softphone and dialer running on Windows (Softphone/Dialer customization service is also available with VGSDK).

For online tutorial, please check speedvoip official website.

Contact Info

Cindy (Sales)

SpeedVoIP Communication Technology Co., Ltd

Tel: +86 755 25504959

Fax: +86 755 25336159

cindy(at)speed-voip(dot)com