Bridge Over The Mae Ping

Nienke

There are a lot of repairs in that area. Did anyone see the awful picture on the front of the newspaper where a guy riding a motorbike rode into an excavation site and was impaled on a metal reinforcement rod. From the picture it looked as though there were no warnings or barriers. That was in the Padaed area. They seem to be digging up everything at the moment

There are a lot of repairs in that area. Did anyone see the awful picture on the front of the newspaper where a guy riding a motorbike rode into an excavation site and was impaled on a metal reinforcement rod. From the picture it looked as though there were no warnings or barriers. That was in the Padaed area. They seem to be digging up everything at the moment

its not the first time i seen a picture like that. many canals being bridged on main roads (3 recently on 1317 to san kampheng) and have seen so many accidents cause of poor signs or warnings. who's to blame? the driver or rider probably.

What's wrong with this bridge, the one that is close to the Hangdong-121 intersection? It has been closed for about 2 weeks now.

Anybody knows? Just curious ...

Nienke

I think theyre repairing/unblocking the drainage pipes either ends of the bridge. but the one over the superhighway? is nearly completed on the 121.

I think theyre repairing/unblocking the drainage pipes either ends of the bridge. but the one over the superhighway? is nearly completed on the 121.

Yep, I think that's it. Yesterday when I passed that bridge they just started with breaking up the road and digging. And at least at three other spots in between the old Lamphun and the Hang Dong intersections.

The bridge over the superhighway is nearly completed already for weeks :o

Nonetheless, having the 121 around town is wonderful.

Nienke

Also, why is that bridge built tall enough for the Queen Mary II to pass underneath? :o It's MUCH higher than every other bridge across the Ping.

But yeah, by chance I ended up taking that road (Third Ring towards Hang Dong / Samoeng) yesterday, by night, and in one word: * DONT *. Use the Middle Ring. It's cut up at several places, and near the Ping river you have to be on the 'wrong' side of the road. To put it mildly, that's not ideally the place I'd like to meet Sangsom-Somchai head on, barelling down in his trusty Nissan truck from his Karaoke outing.

Edited by Sanpatong