Multiple Entry Visa, Birmingham, Tomorrow.

Hi fellas.

Im going to Birmingham tomorrow to try and get a multiple entry visa, Obviously its been shut all weekend so i cant chase them up about what documentation i need to take, From what ive gathered from friends is that i need to take the application form, 2 photos and a letter from my family gauranteeing my repatriation. I will be visiting friends by the way.

Anything else ive overlooked guys?......

Last time I got a 90 day tourist visa I thought ....ok paid £80 so I would be ok for 90 days.....Idid not realise that after 1 month I was supposed to travel to bkk to get it stamped.....it was at the airport that after 5 weeks I had decided to return to uk early that they said "ok you pay for overstay"......my wife luckily was still in the airport with cash....i had not read the rules and was not warned by anyone so ......just in case your a knob head like me!

just renewed mine at hull 100 pound fee multi entry non o one photo and just filled in the a basic form and also one form self certificate that i have my own funds if any problems , posted and returned in 2 days , brill service again , oh if you apply in person at hull phone the day before for an appointment and pay an extra 10 pound

Hi fellas.

Im going to Birmingham tomorrow to try and get a multiple entry visa, Obviously its been shut all weekend so i cant chase them up about what documentation i need to take, From what ive gathered from friends is that i need to take the application form, 2 photos and a letter from my family gauranteeing my repatriation. I will be visiting friends by the way.

I wasn't aware that there was a Thai Consulate in Alabama, but good luck to you.

Edited by sriracha john

Hi fellas.

I wasn't aware that there was a Thai Consulate in Alabama, but good luck to you.

They dont get much business, but thats perfect for the staff there !

I got my multi entry tourist from Bham in March 2007 - they granted triple entry for 180 days for about 85 quid - just had to take passport and couple of photos, and complete a form given there - the whole process took 30mins

Triple was the maximum they would do - every 60 days they told me i just had to do visa run to border or ive been told since i came to Thailand that you can actually extend upto a month on each entry

They were extremely helpful and friendly

Good luck

let us know how you get on

Made the journey to Birmingham today fellas and i was very impressed. No appointment was made, I was met in the reception by some chap who collected my passport, application form, 2 photos, A letter from my family gauranteeing my repatriation and a fee of 105 pounds, I stated on the application that i was visiting thailand for tourism/buying a car. The guy nipped off upstairs with my documents and within 10 minutes he was back with my 1 year multi entry visa and i was on my merry way. It was beauracracy made simple!!

Interesting - it is easier, quicker (dependent upon where you are located) (and cheaper if going by public transport) to get to Birmingham from most places in the UK than it is to hull. Some return coach tickets (mega bus, special nat express fares) now cost less than the price of Royal Mail special delivery post there and back ( £8.60, £4.30 2 ways), if you dont trust the RM with your passport or want to avoid the hassles of claiming and getting it replaced if damaged, lost or stolen. Also is seems that Birmingham are charging only an extra £5 for processing on the spot, where as hull ask an extra £10, and need you to make an appointment.

To save any confusion he is talking about Birmingham, ENGLAND.

Oh, ok... sorry. That's nice, though, that they have named a place over there after Birmingham, Alabama.

Birmingham, ENGLAND was a town long before USA had a state called Alabama + Birmingham USA was even named

Oh, ok... sorry. That's nice, though, that they have named a place over there after Birmingham, Alabama.

Birmingham, ENGLAND was a town long before USA had a state called Alabama + Birmingham USA was even named

Actually, since Birmingham is mentioned in the Domesday Book (yes that is how you spell it) from 1085 it pre-dates America itself let alone the USA :o

It's nice to know that there is a confirmed alternative to our good friends in Hull :D

Ignis... you are biting :o

Ignis... you are biting :D

Even WITH a Hazard Warning provided (Post #11).... :o

although turnabout is fair play:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1622275

Edited by sriracha john

<a href="http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1622275" target="_blank">http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1622275</a>

John - the link you provided has a problem with it...

Edited by Khun Bob

John - the link you provided has a problem with it...

Right you are ... it seems to be related to the problem identified in this thread from Forum Support Desk:

Posted Links Not Going As Desired

but let's try again for that quoted link:

If that still fails, it's Post #16 in the thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150638

Made the journey to Birmingham today fellas and i was very impressed. No appointment was made, I was met in the reception by some chap who collected my passport, application form, 2 photos, A letter from my family gauranteeing my repatriation and a fee of 105 pounds, I stated on the application that i was visiting thailand for tourism/buying a car. The guy nipped off upstairs with my documents and within 10 minutes he was back with my 1 year multi entry visa and i was on my merry way. It was beauracracy made simple!!

so what you got was a non-IMMI-O or non-IMMI-B ?

if i read that right from ur ID, u r born in 1979 ?

if they give non-IMMI-O so easily, that would be really amazing....

Hi fellas.

:o

Birmingham. Boston. Essex county. Gloucester. New England. Worcester. ( to name a few ) :D

And in school.................Americans learn? ...........................Yup ! ENGLISH.

:D

Birmingham. Boston. Essex county. Gloucester. New England. Worcester. ( to name a few ) :D

And in school.................Americans learn? ...........................Yup ! ENGLISH.

:D

Well......... sort of!!! :o:D

Sounds like the consulate is breaking its own rules: if the stated intent was tourism, he should have been offered a tourist visa only. 'O' visas mean 'Other', such as Thai family connections (I presume the 'family repatriation' above was UK-based), cultural, study or religious pursuits -- any of which should be backed up with Thai documentation.

Oh well, I've said for several years that the UK has descended into a third-world nation with first-world prices, making it unviable to any sane working person.

Not at all. I'm born 1976 and have been getting a non O every year for the past 5 years from Hull. Dead simple. :o

Sounds like the consulate is breaking its own rules...'O' visas mean 'Other', such as Thai family connections...

From my understanding of the literal meaning of “other”, in this context it should mean “a purpose other than listed for specific non-immigrant visa categories". In other words, if your purpose for applying for a non-immigrant visa does not fit the non-B, non-Ed, non-M, etc., apply for the non-O. You and I do not the internal rules, if any, issued by whomever. There is some indication of what a non-O can be applied for on the web sites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and some consulates, but there is nothing to lead me to conclude that the non-O is necessarily limited to those purposes.

--

Maestro