Need Prisoner Information Please

kankaroo

What did that Gor chap from the website get locked up for?

Que??

What on earth is a 'Gor chap from the website'? It's not a question that follows the idea of the thread. Not even one that makes any sense, given the lack of information in it.

Que??

What on earth is a 'Gor chap from the website'? It's not a question that follows the idea of the thread. Not even one that makes any sense, given the lack of information in it.

As near as I can make out, the "Gor chap got locked up for" kidnapping and unlawful detainment....if by "chap" you mean the huge, sharp-clawed predatory Kurii.

I would have never known either, eefoo, what he was on about without help from the friendly folks at wikipedia:

Gor, the Counter-Earth, is the alternate-world setting for John Norman's Chronicles of Gor, a series of twenty six novels that combine philosophy, erotica and science fiction. Most of the books are narrated by transplanted British professor Tarl Cabot, master swordsman, as he engages in adventures involving Priest-Kings, Kurii, and humans alike. Books seven, eleven, nineteen, twenty two, and twenty six are narrated by abducted Earth women who are made slaves.

<br />
A man from Scotland (my home town I believe) has just been convicted of apparently assaulting somebody at the airport before his outbound journey home (Don Mueang). I don't know the guy but his family don't seem to be visiting him or know anything ?!?!?
<br /><br />Darren was recently sentenced to 6 years and 8 months. He has been clinically depressed for the past year - started before the incident at the airport. After about 6 months the prison authorities at Samut Prakan finally admitted that he had health problems and he was transferred to the prison hospital at Klong Prem (Lad Yao) in Bangkok. After his sentencing at the Criminal Court in Samut Prakan, he returned to the local prison for a few days. He was then transferred back to the hospital at Klong Prem. I haven't seen Daren for a couple of months but his "friends" at the prison said he was looking much better and actually taking part in conversations. Before he just spent the day curled up in a ball on the floor and wouldn't eat or wash. His cellmates had to force him to do everything. Darren's father told me that they will appeal and will also try to get him out on bail.<br /><br />I am not sure if he is allowed visitors at the prison hospital, nor when he will return to Samut Prakan Prison. Jeff Mitchel at the British Embassy can help you with this. I might try and go and visit Darren next week. You can contact me through my website at www.thaiprisonlife.com if you need more details.<br /><br />BTW, I mentioned on a previous thread that the chances were high that some TV members would end up in prison eventually - possibly through no fault of their own. I was immediately flamed with numerous sarcastic comments. However, one month later I visited my first TV forum member at Samut Prakan Prison and then a short while later a friend of a TV member. An American guy just got sentenced to three years because he used a "visa service" who promised they would take his passport to the border to renew his visa. The visa turned out to be forged. Normally this offense gets you one year. Most foreigners are being arrested at the airport for either passport problems or stealing something at duty free (sometimes absentmindedly). Something as small as a bottle of shampoo has resulted in sentences ranging from 6 months to one year in prison. I will repeat what I said before. Be very careful at the airport. In particular if you are passing through and are jetlagged. You won't be able to talk your way out of it as King Power always press charges. There are currently nearly 800 foreigners at Samut Prakan Prison.<br /><br />OK, let the flaming start....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Blimey they should be locking up King Power for their over inflated prices!!

:o:D

He was arrested for drug possession. The police found some yaa baa (amphetamine) pills in his pocket. He was addicted to drugs at the time. Sentenced to six years. Luckily the judge told him just before the sentencing that the evidence was overwhelming and persuaded him to change the plea to guilty. So the verdict was then cut in half to 3 years. His friend decided to stick with the not-guilty verdict and so was unlucky. There are quite a few people in prison who were persuaded to plead guilty even if they weren't. They will nearly always get half the sentence. Other people are in prison because they couldn't afford to pay the fine. There are also a lot waiting months or more for their trial date as they couldn't afford the bail. No wonder the prisons are so full. If they want to appeal the verdict, then this could take a long time. Maybe a year or more. I know one American who was sentenced to six months. His lawyer persuaded him to appeal as it was a minor offense. He managed to get out on bail too. Nearly six months later he is still waiting for his appeal to be heard. His problem is that immigration have now told him that they won't renew his visa again as he has been in Thailand for a year now. Ironically he will probably get arrested for overstaying his visa. He would love them to deport him. But doubtful that will happen. I know another foreigner who was in prison down south for six months. He said someone planted drugs in his pocket. He finally managed to prove his innocence while in prison. They let him go and he headed for the airport. Where he was promptly arrested for overstaying his visa! He ended up in Samut Prakan Prison for a couple of weeks before being sent to the dreaded Immigration Detention Center in Bangkok. Where he was finally deported. I am sure he has seen enough of Thailand.