English Lessons

POMCHOB

Can anyone recommend a good quality English Grammar course in Bangkok

for my Thai wife? She has just finished University and has some time to spare

and would like to practice her grammar. ECC in Bangkok would they be a good choice?

looking for a free or a moderate priced intensive course for one month or longer pref.. weekdays.

Any help would be very welcome thank-you very much everyone in advance. :o

I assume she can read and speak good engish if she wants to advance her grammar - if so then just buy a basic grammar study book - hundreds out there.

Your obviously a bit misguided if you think there woild be a free course available in thailand - very misguided!

Edited by pointofview

I assume she can read and speak good engish if she wants to advance her grammar - if so then just buy a basic grammar study book - hundreds out there.

Your obviously a bit misguided if you think there woild be a free course available in thailand - very misguided!

Hello pointofview thanks for answering my post. I am asking for advise for my wife as her Grammar could be better, with some more English study.

ECC state on their website they did in fact have free English classes in 2006, believe or not!

Contacting ECC is the problem .

Thank-you for your advice on books, but i really want a course that is recommended in bangkok, i think

the class would be a better option for her to understand grammatical terms spoken.Thanks for your input :o

There are a number of language centres, which charge reasonable rates for courses. Maybe, if you gave an indication of what area of Bangkok you are living in, then some of us may be able to give some pointers.

Edited by PeaceBlondie
Removing off topic issues. PB

My wife went to ECC in 2001. I think the teachers there were very good. 3000 for a 30 hour course.

One problem with ECC is that you can get an excellent teacher or one like I was in 1995 before I quit drinking.

Ask for a Burmese, Phillipino or Indian teacher as they're better than farang at teaching grammar.

Are ELC still on the go, they were good back in the day before Manoch took control.

Mrtoad We are in the Ramkhamhaeng area but can study Classes

out of this area to give you an idea :o Thanks

Thank-you Neeraman for the input too much appreciated :D

There's a school on Ram soi 8 that does 1 month intensives. On the left, opposite McDonalds.

There's also the AUA near soi 59, I think.

Don't go near the British American at the Mall Bangkapi. The Inlingua there is good but a bit pricy and just a jazzed up ECC(the window dressing is better)

Mrtoad We are in the Ramkhamhaeng area but can study Classes

out of this area to give you an idea :o Thanks

Thank-you Neeraman for the input too much appreciated :D

There is an ECC and an English First at Seacon Square, which isn't too far from you.These franchises tend to offer fairly reasonable rates. It's probably a good idea to speak with one of the teachers to explain what type of course she needs. Have a look over there, as there are a number of schools in the Seacon Square Mall on the top floor that provide English lessons.

Agree with Neeranamam on British American, not recommended. You also have an English First at Bangkapi, around Soi 95 I think.

Edited by mrtoad

Thank-you everyone for your kind help :o I have a good amount a places to look up now

thats not too far from us ,Thanks to everyones help.This will be very helpful for my wife , while she has some spare time.

Good Luck all from POMCHOB, :D .. have a coffee on me!!

ECC offers very low priced classes for some students. I believe that it is almost free (a few hundred baht for 30-40 hours). The catch is that the teachers are rookies doing TEFL or TESOL teacher training. Contact them for details.

It seems like a really good deal for some students, a chance to converse with a native speaker. Admittedly the teachers are very green, so the quality of the instruction is not great.