Spot The To$$ser

Sunderland

I'm not from Torquay :o , little bit further West actually. What about you?
sorry im lost ! :D torquay, where u from ?

West Cornwall, but as you now they aren't any Cornish professional teams so I've always supported Torquay, when most of the lot from my way support the green scum.

Whilst I hate football I have to pull you on the 'Green Scum' comment. Are Torquay even in the football league these days? Argyll are in with a shot at the playoffs this year, maybe your attitude may change when you get Premier League football on the Cornish border.

By the way have you found any decent pasties over here? Yorkies in Pattaya does a not bad effort (if you have an oven), but its just not the same.

I think Albion will kick the Pirates asses this year by the way.

Green Army!

Sweet Chariot, you have missed one crucial point. Toady is from Cornwall, so that obviously makes him a Man United fan :D

Ha ha! Good point MBJ.

If (that's a very big if) Plymouth ever made the Premier League at least it would give thousands of Man U 'fans' the opportunity to see 'their' team play for the first time ever!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Cornwall, but as you now they aren't any Cornish professional teams so I've always supported Torquay, when most of the lot from my way support the green scum.

Whilst I hate football I have to pull you on the 'Green Scum' comment. Are Torquay even in the football league these days? Argyll are in with a shot at the playoffs this year, maybe your attitude may change when you get Premier League football on the Cornish border.

By the way have you found any decent pasties over here? Yorkies in Pattaya does a not bad effort (if you have an oven), but its just not the same.

Green Army!

Sweet Chariot, you have missed one crucial point. Toady is from Cornwall, so that obviously makes him a Man United fan :D

Ha ha! Good point MBJ.

If (that's a very big if) Plymouth ever made the Premier League at least it would give thousands of Man U 'fans' the opportunity to see 'their' team play for the first time ever!

Is Diamond Lil's still there, on Union St? I was in the RN years ago and although primarily based at Portsmouth, we spent quite a bit of time in Plymouth. Good old days they where.

Green Army!

Ha ha! Good point MBJ.

Is Diamond Lil's still there, on Union St? I was in the RN years ago and although primarily based at Portsmouth, we spent quite a bit of time in Plymouth. Good old days they where.

Not that I know of what was it, a club?

Green Army!

Ha ha! Good point MBJ.

Not that I know of what was it, a club?

Of ill-repute sir :D

Green Army!

union st is a bit like walking st ,but the women dont charge, ! :D

Ha ha! Good point MBJ.

Ok guys, just to clear up a few things up guys...

The green scum was a bit of as joke, I lived in Plymouth for three years and just on the edge of Home Park, and I used to pop in and watch a fair few games over the years. In fact the the 2nd professional game I ever watchesd was Plymouth v Derby in the 6th round of the FA cup in 1984 (0-0) and the the replay at Baseball (1-0), the first being Exeter v Gillingham at St James, Cascarino was up front for the Gills and Gerry Francis was the Exeter manager. Exeter by the way got relegated that season.

So although I have an allegiance to Torquay, I seriously hope that Plymouth get into the premiership. It would be great for the game in the West country and also Holloway is a great bloke. I say this, as I have had the pleasure of meeting him and a few of ex Bristol Rovers players in the past. Realisticaly, Pltmouth have always been the number one club in Devon and Cornwall, they have significant support in Cornwall, as there are no professional clubs there at present. Maybe Truro may change this in the future.

As regards, Albion and Pirates, I really coldn't give a flying F**ck, my team Camborne will always be the club that I support. Pirates, are just a team with a lot of cash, who are hoping to get allegience with the Cornish people by changing there name, which is in fact Penzance. Funny really, they now play there league games at Camborne as the ground is better, and they are trying to look for real fans. They stuck their fingers up at the Penzance people by moving 25 miles up the road and playing at a different clubs ground.

As for the Man Utd and Cornwall mention, its bloody boring. I have supported them since I can remeber, the late 70's. and they were hardly setting the world on fire then, whilst all around me at school had a fetish for Liverpool.

Anyway, I hardly need to justify much, other than my love of the game, and I really hope that Bristol City and Plymouth get promoted to the EPL this season. I ain't biased, I know where Torquay stand on the food chain, but still I've had somer good days there as well as Plymouth, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers and Exeter.

Mr Boj, not sure about Diamond Lils, but does anyone remeber Star of the West on Union street, a real Cider pub.

LK, you have hit it on the head. :o

As for the Man Utd and Cornwall mention, its bloody boring. I have supported them since I can remeber, the late 70's. and they were hardly setting the world on fire then, whilst all around me at school had a fetish for Liverpool.

Yeah but i knew it would get a bite. It's been bl00dy boring today :o

Mr Boj, not sure about Diamond Lils, but does anyone remeber Star of the West on Union street, a real Cider pub.

I wonder if it was in Portsmouth then. I was too bl00dy p1ssed most of the time on shore leave :D

I wonder if it was in Portsmouth then. I was too bl00dy p1ssed most of the time on shore leave :D

Mr Boj, wasn't really biting at you, just wanted to put our new Argyle fan a little bit staight. :D

Yeah but i knew it would get a bite. It's been bl00dy boring today :D

Mr Boj, wasn't really biting at you, just wanted to put our new Argyle fan a little bit staight. :D

Bu55er, that was my first nibble of the day and now i find out it wasn't a nibble after all. It was a bicycle wheel that i had got snagged up on :o:D

I think it's time to go home :bah:

Ha ha. Didn't realise you actually were a Man U fan. MBJ set me up for that one!

Ha ha. Didn't realise you actually were a Man U fan. MBJ set me up for that one!

Not purpously Chariot. I thought everyone knew Toady was a United fan :D

Ok guys, just to clear up a few things up guys...

The green scum was a bit of as joke, I lived in Plymouth for three years and just on the edge of Home Park, and I used to pop in and watch a fair few games over the years. In fact the the 2nd professional game I ever watchesd was Plymouth v Derby in the 6th round of the FA cup in 1984 (0-0) and the the replay at Baseball (1-0), the first being Exeter v Gillingham at St James, Cascarino was up front for the Gills and Gerry Francis was the Exeter manager. Exeter by the way got relegated that season.

So although I have an allegiance to Torquay, I seriously hope that Plymouth get into the premiership. It would be great for the game in the West country and also Holloway is a great bloke. I say this, as I have had the pleasure of meeting him and a few of ex Bristol Rovers players in the past. Realisticaly, Pltmouth have always been the number one club in Devon and Cornwall, they have significant support in Cornwall, as there are no professional clubs there at present. Maybe Truro may change this in the future.

As regards, Albion and Pirates, I really coldn't give a flying F**ck, my team Camborne will always be the club that I support. Pirates, are just a team with a lot of cash, who are hoping to get allegience with the Cornish people by changing there name, which is in fact Penzance. Funny really, they now play there league games at Camborne as the ground is better, and they are trying to look for real fans. They stuck their fingers up at the Penzance people by moving 25 miles up the road and playing at a different clubs ground.

Anyway, I hardly need to justify much, other than my love of the game, and I really hope that Bristol City and Plymouth get promoted to the EPL this season. I ain't biased, I know where Torquay stand on the food chain, but still I've had somer good days there as well as Plymouth, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers and Exeter.

LK, you have hit it on the head. :o

Good strong defensive prose-play there Mr.Toad, with solid tackling points and fair challenges, reminded me a bit of Maurice Setters, wasn't he from down your way somewhere ?

No worries SC. By the way, are you from Plymouth, or surrounding areas?

Good strong defensive prose-play there Mr.Toad, with solid tackling points and fair challenges, reminded me a bit of Maurice Setters, wasn't he from down your way somewhere ?

LK, I had a few changs last night after work :o , so sometimes can get a little defensive. I'm sure Sweet Chariot will see the funny side.

Anyhow, as regards Maurice Setters, he's a Devonian, from Honiton near Exeter, bloody right old bottle neck of a place before that built the by pass on the A370.

LK, I had a few changs last night after work :o , so sometimes can get a little defensive. I'm sure Sweet Chariot will see the funny side.

Anyhow, as regards Maurice Setters, he's a Devonian, from Honiton near Exeter, bloody right old bottle neck of a place before that built the by pass on the A370.

Hi Mr Toad,

originally from Exmouth, moved to Plymouth about 10 years ago. Spent alot of time down your way in the last few years I was in England, they had me covering Devon and Cornwall, looks like a small area on a map in an office in London. The powers that be didn't realise it could take 5 hours from Penzance to East Devon!

Where are you? Camborne? Played there once, don't remember the pitch (Rugby). I thought Penzance were playing in Truro now.

Been in Pattaya for 18 months now - no intention of going back. Still a bit new to this so apologies if I inadvertantly tread on anyones toes.

LK, I had a few changs last night after work :D , so sometimes can get a little defensive. I'm sure Sweet Chariot will see the funny side.

Hi Mr Toad,

originally from Exmouth, moved to Plymouth about 10 years ago. Spent alot of time down your way in the last few years I was in England, they had me covering Devon and Cornwall, looks like a small area on a map in an office in London. The powers that be didn't realise it could take 5 hours from Penzance to East Devon!

Where are you? Camborne? Played there once, don't remember the pitch (Rugby). I thought Penzance were playing in Truro now.

Been in Pattaya for 18 months now - no intention of going back. Still a bit new to this so apologies if I inadvertantly tread on anyones toes.

why don't you come to the footy & beer night on the 24th of this month?

We'd like some new faces to come along.......just as long as I don't have to stand between you & MrT :o

LK, I had a few changs last night after work :D , so sometimes can get a little defensive. I'm sure Sweet Chariot will see the funny side.

Hi Mr Toad,

We'd like some new faces to come along.......just as long as I don't have to stand between you & MrT :o

Hi Chavy,

would love to. That is obviously different to the party on Saturday which I thought I would go along to.

When and where are you meeting?

Hi Mr Toad,

Hi Chavy,

would love to. That is obviously different to the party on Saturday which I thought I would go along to.

When and where are you meeting?

We are meeting up in BKK on the 24th at Soi 8 bar, Sukhumvit Soi 8. Have a look at the Footie and Beer thread. Hopefully you can get a long, it's normaly abit of a laugh.

BTW, St Ives orig, but Camborne is probably what I'd call my real hometown. Pirates moved to Camborne last season, as the ground in Truro was only tempoary at the top of Kenwyn Hill, and it was not good for parking etc. As you know Camborne has a big ground, and a massive club hose, so much more suited to the Pirates' needs. Just a shame it's not Camborne in Division 1. Personally, I think the Pirates have done a lot of damage to the local game, but thats a long story.....

I have no affinity with Plymouth Argyle but certain "Life Factors" revolve around a City I have only visited twice.

I used to work with Ian Holloway's Brother....what a tosser he was :D

My Son went to University in Plymouth.

His Girlfeind is from Plymouth

My best freind in LOS comes from Plymouth.

Plymouth Argyle are now in about the same league position now as reading were just 4 short years ago...so ANYTHING is possible :o

TP

I have no affinity with Plymouth Argyle but certain "Life Factors" revolve around a City I have only visited twice.

Plymouth Argyle are now in about the same league position now as reading were just 4 short years ago...so ANYTHING is possible :o

TP

You don't like her then TP? Girlfiend :D

TP

You don't like her then TP? Girlfiend :D

What happened to this thread??? It started off making fun of a southern shandy drinking to$$er who is pretending to be a fat Geordie loving skunk and has slowly degenerated into gay stories about Plymouth and Torquay.

What happened to this thread??? It started off making fun of a southern shandy drinking to$$er who is pretending to be a fat Geordie loving skunk and has slowly degenerated into gay stories about Plymouth and Torquay.

I have no idea, but it's quite an entertaining thread.

Must me the Westcountry influence. :o

Where be that blackbird to

I know where he be!

He be up your Wurzel tree

And I be after he

Now, I sees he

And he sees I

Buggered if I won't get-un

With a gert big stick

I'll knock-un down

Blackbird, I'll 'ave e!!

A classic tune!!!!!!!!

I see you got your thread back again.

As you appear to appreciate the classics, try this one for size :-

THE BLACK GRUNGER OF HOUNSLOW

(Kenneth Williams)

The mood changes as I sing you an eery song, so spine-chilling that it'll make the bogles on your posset stand on end. It is the story of a bold highwayman called the Black Grunger of Hounslow and his exploits.

Oh, list while I sing of a highwayman bold;

His feats were remarkable, so we are told:

He'd wurdle the ladies and scrope all the men,

Then he'd straddle his nadger and ride off again.

Prooraloo, prooralay,

Singing, fiddle me grummets and scrumple me plume

They caught him and hung him from Old Tyburn Tree,

But ere the note screebled, his gherka quoth he:

"If I had my time to live over again,

I'd scrope all the ladies and wurdle the men."

Prooraloo, prooralay,

Singing, fiddle me grummets and scrumple me plume.

However, they strung him and his horse up, and they do say as how his ghost rides abroad even to this day, haunting the place where he once straddled his nadger so gaily. Only unfortunately they built a supermarket on the site, and on early-closing day his wraith can be seen a-gallopin', gallopin' along the bacon counter... and... and manifestin' itself... behind the crystallized fruits... And as he gallops, he sings:

My tale it is ended, my song it is sung,

As me and my horse, we have both been well hung;

And as I'm a phantom my only recourse

Is to scrope by myself and to wurdle my horse. Prooralay, prooralah,

Singing, fiddle me grummets and scrumple me plu-u-ume

and on that note it's Goodnight from me !! :o

Edited by LeungKen

Where be that blackbird to

I know where he be!

He be up your Wurzel tree

And I be after he

Now, I sees he