Ladies Evening Out

frasia

Hi,

Where would you send a group of 8 ladies for a relaxing, enjoyable dinner, not too noisy, not too crammed? Your suggestion is very appreciated.

Frasia

Ciao Frasia :o ,

No probs, I see a couple of other people have posted places - not sure where you are located, seriously there are SO many places - Check out some of the other threads under the Bangkok Forum & Western Foods Forum where people have posted recommendations for Indian Food http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=145861 and also for Restaurants close to Silom...

1) Opposite Wat Arun on BKK side (close to Wat Pho), is a great Restaurant with views over the river - I forget the name but the tel no is 02 221 9158.

As you are Italian, you probably already know:-

2) "Limoncello", Sukhumvit Soi 11, Tel: 0202 6510707.

Turn left into the small soi past the German Brewhouse, and there is the BEST Pizzeria in BKK INHO!

(Menu for 2 - Share Insalata Caprese (Mozzarella Salad), then Pizza Limoncello - Ham, Rocket, Mushroom & Gorgonzola Cheese -

delicious, followed by Tiramisu for dolci (dessert).

3) "Zanotti", Saladaeng Soi 1, Silom, Tel: 02 6360002

Try the baked in salt fish at Zanotti - its' not so expensive and unbelievable!

For me, "Limoncello" and "Zanotti" are two of THE BEST Italian places to eat in BKK and the quality of ingredients is definitely worth it.

4) "Vino" (next door to Zanotti), Saladaeng Soi 1, Silom, Tel: 02 636 3811

Intimate venue with live music, winebar and cigar smokers paradise! - with Italian food. Or nice upmarket cozy place to hang out

with the Gals for a good ole catch up!

All the above 3 Italian places are owned by Gianmaria Zanotti and do consistently fantastic food. If you like thin crust pizzas, you will LOVE their pizzas. IMO, Zanotti is pricier and more formal than Limoncello - which is more of a family style pizzeria, or for going with a group, or a couple. For Zanotti & Vino, you should book especially on a Fri & Sat nites, otherwise it's difficult to get a table.

5) For a relaxed place to hang out - even for mid morning coffee, lunch, afternoon coffee, dinner try Coffee Beans, Ekkamai Suk 12 (they have great cakes, coffee etc, plus a HUGE Menu with Thai, Western dishes. (Sorry I don't have the Tel No).

Enjoy and Buon Appetito!

Andiamo :D

My place :o

Jokes aside Zanzibar in soi 11 has a nice upmarket outdoor setting with live low volume music usually a duet

Yes, and they make a beautiful green curry that I still dream about.

Agree with above on Crepes and Co. as well.

Hi Frasia,

I have to tell that Andiamo suggested you all the best places about italian food in Bangkok (I am Italian too....) as I have been myself many times both at Zanotti and Limoncello. But I would add GIUSTO, listed in the top 10 restaurants in Bangkok, again Italian food. It's on Sukumvit but now I cannot find the business card, should be soi 9 or 11, food is great, a cosy atmosphere in a very nice setting! As for Zanotti you have to reserve well in advance on Fridays and Saturdays.

Enjoy your evening!

Annetta :o

Hi Frasia,

I have to tell that Andiamo suggested you all the best places about italian food in Bangkok (I am Italian too....) as I have been myself many times both at Zanotti and Limoncello. But I would add GIUSTO, listed in the top 10 restaurants in Bangkok, again Italian food. It's on Sukumvit but now I cannot find the business card, should be soi 9 or 11, food is great, a cosy atmosphere in a very nice setting! As for Zanotti you have to reserve well in advance on Fridays and Saturdays.

Enjoy your evening!

Ciao Frasia e Annetta

Giusto is Sukhumvit Soi 23 - http://www.giustobangkok.com/location.html

http://www.dininginthailand.com/giusto.asp

Enjoy! :D

• 1 month later...

Ciao Annetta e Andiamo,

thank you for the great suggestions. I would also add to the italian restaurants BACCO on Sukhumvit 53. Food is just great!!!! Bit pricey but the quality of the food is just the one you find in Italy.

Ciao

Francesca

Hi Frasia,

Enjoy your evening!

Ciao Frasia e Annetta

Giusto is Sukhumvit Soi 23 - http://www.giustobangkok.com/location.html

http://www.dininginthailand.com/giusto.asp

Enjoy! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

just to add that Coffee Beans in Ekamai 12, also has a branch in Soi Ruamrudee

and next to that Coffee Beans in Ruamrudee is Witch's Oyster bar /wine bar - really really nice place, and the best tuna steak I have had, any where!!! :)

Mahanaka Sukhumvit 29 :-) i had a great time there...they also have seperate rooms for a group

Mmm 8 Ladies,between them,they will order up so much from the Menu the legs of several tables will need straightening, and your wallet will need replenishing.

Have you considered a Korean barbecue/Buffet ? as much as can be eaten including a sweet,usual price 80-100 bahts per head,plus drinks of course.