We All Need A Little Love Care For Dogs

Rob1

Helping hands needed at CARE FOR DOGS

If you have a few hours per week to spare we at CARE FOR DOGS :D need your help

Care for the dogs/admin/fundraising/many hands make short work.

Presently we have over 80 dogs in our care needing love and attention. Also new homes where they can spend the rest of there lives in loving CARE so please adopt a friend who will show you love and affection for life :o . Call:081 907 3260 0r E-Mail:<eMail address deleted>

Visit our site www.carefordogs.org

Edited by Crow Boy
Thai Visa rules do not allow eMail addresses in the post. This is to prevent them being used by spambots

What happened to the policy a few years back whereby the local governments were collecting these stray unwanted animals and putting them down? Easy solution.

It may be an easy solution, but hardly the best solution. The work Care For Dogs does is amazing. They take care of and rehome so many animals (Not only dogs but cats).

I had a situation where a stray kitten in desperate need of help turned up where I work, and Care For Dogs kindly took it in, and brought it back to full health. The terms of my house rental meant I could not have the kitten, but my friend and business partner Jules then took over the caring for the kitten once it was back to good health.

I am proud to have become involved with Care For Dogs and the great work they do.

Lets keep the thread on topic, and not go down this route of discussing alternative methods of sorting out these unwanted animals.

If you can help them with time or money or adopting or fostering please do get in touch with them.

Cheers

Phil

What happened to the policy a few years back whereby the local governments were collecting these stray unwanted animals and putting them down? Easy solution.

they realised being inhumane didn't lead them anywhere. perhaps a good policy wherever you come from ? :o

they better off shooting lazy people living on social welfare benefits.

You're absolutely right, Phil :o

Both organisations: Care for Dogs and Lanna Dog Rescue do great work in Chiang Mai and not to forget all the individuals who feed the strays and care for them when they are ill.

These organisations are always in need of helping hands and donations. The cool season has arrived and also dogs need blankets at night, so if you have a spare or broken one, the shelters definitely can use them. Even old t-shirts or juta rice bags are welcome for the sick and those that are quickly chilled.

At the kennel I have 4 dogs of Care for Dogs in training, three adopted by loving owners, and for little Terry it's an exciting time: there is one who showed interest, but isn't sure yet. I keep my fingers crossed.

And Bossy, St. Bernard female of 7 years old from Lanna Dog Rescue, most probably will stay with me till the end of her life. Unless... there is someone out there who loves St. Bernards, with Bossy in particular (she loves eat, sleep and cuddle), and is willing to provide her a loving home for this last part of her life. She must receive medication for her heart and against epilepsy every day though.

Nienke

Dont think about it act now :D tomorrow never comes :o
Chrismas is near and a friend is waiting for you at CARE FOR DOGS we all need to feel wanted so help a dog find HAPPYNESS :D
XMAs is just round the corner take in a dog to give you joy and happyness :D

Rob,

while I understand you have the best intentions in the world and want these homeless dogs to be placed in caring and stable homes I have a philosophical objection to these statements of your's - quoted above.

I was a volunteer for animal rescue (domestic) and WIRES (wildlife). In the majority of cases for animal rescue, it was for animals bought by people with the good intentions then dumped to fend for itself. Often they went out and purchased a puppy or kitten and everything was great while the animal was small and cute. Then within a relatively short period of time they grew tired of the animal and it became a tedious problem - walking, vaccinations, barking, digging, scratching, fleas, vitamins etc etc. A pet is not something to be taken on a whim. These animals depend on us their human companions for everything from food, water, a safe environment but just as importantly love and attention.

By urging people to "buy now and think later" you are being irresponsible to the animals in your charge. I am sure this is not your intention but that is the result.

At Thai Visa we have allowed you to use this forum as a community service. We also allow you to do this in competition to one of our sponsors who has supported the Care For Dogs and other similar organisations for the care of animals in Chiang Mai.

I ask you to reconsider the way you are posting on this forum and respect that you are here as a community service not a commercial entity.

I will also ask the members of this forum to carefully consider if a pet is something that will fit in with their lifestyle and ability to care for. If you are interested in getting a dog or cat, do some research on what breed, size, and whether you can afford to take on the responsibility for this animal. Ask questions and get advice from the pet sub forum.

Please do not just get a dog or cat as a pet because it sounds like a good idea at the time.

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

I commend all the charitable people who volunteer and care for all animals, not only dogs and cats.

But, the stray dog population in Thailand is enormous. I would just like to know if these shelters or whatever they are all called, do they check these animals for rabies???

Do people know how serious a bite from a rabied animal is - certain death if not treated in appropriate time frame.

But, the stray dog population in Thailand is enormous. I would just like to know if these shelters or whatever they are all called, do they check these animals for rabies???

Do people know how serious a bite from a rabied animal is - certain death if not treated in appropriate time frame.

Absolutely! Rabies is required by law, so that is the first vaccine these animals receive when they become under the care of both dog rescue organisations, Care for Dogs and Lanna Dog Rescue, whether these are animals at the shelter, on the temple grounds or elsewhere.

Both organisations vaccinate, spay and neuter, provide health care for the ill ones, and try to find as many loving homes as they can. Furthermore, they provide education programs and information material.

Allyt has written blog on her voluntary work at Care for Dogs, you can read that here: allycfd.blogspot.com

Nienke