No Honda Cbr-150ri Pgm-fi

Richard-BKK

It seems that 2008 will become the last year that the Honda CBR-150R is available, as they (Honda and APHonda) are not going to introduce a CBR-150R equipped with PGM-FI....

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=53

AAAARGH, I just found out about the Fi CBR 150 five minutes ago in another thread, and now I find out that the CBR is not even going to continue. :o:D:D

Edited by canuckamuck

I think that article may be being blown out of porportion. Namely, they asked the Honda Execs at the motor show why the CBR150 R wasn't featured with Fuel Injection (I'm assuming the 125 Ri was there) and they were told that that technology was only for the smaller scooters. Considering that there are no 250 cc bikes for sale from reputable dealers in Thailand, to go from "There's not going to be a fuel injected CBR150 R" to "We're discontinuing the CBR150 line because we're not going to go the fuel injection route" is quite poor journalism. Speculation is good, but there's too much in this blurb.

I agree, the Honda CBR-150R is not going to be replaced, just because it has no electronic fuel Injection. But on the other hand who is going to buy it if Honda sells a 250cc motorcycle for almost the same price.

Currently Honda is offering 250cc motorcycles in neighboring countries at the price level of the Honda CBR-150r, in Singapore the Honda CBF-250 go's for S$3440 (+/-80,000Baht) and the Honda CBR-150 for S$2900 (+/- 67,000Baht)

I'm glad to see the CBF250 is also identified as the CBX250. That is the designation for the Twister, a model sold in Mexico and listed on website www.honda.com.mx/motos/ as having 23.7 hp at 8000 rpm, 6 speed, 16.5 liter tank, front disk, and mags, at price of 44,900 pesos in country, roughly 138K baht or US$4,100. In each country, import duties, local taxes, and the precise configuration seem to differ. Very similar to the model shown in another thread here by Richard, identified as CBF250. If I move to Mexico, that's what I plan to buy.

Oh, the CBX250 is also available in S'pore @ S$5800 (~125,000 baht) - http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg/ (crappy website, doesn't provide direct link option but it is shown under 200-400 cc bikes). Didn't see any CBF250 from S'pore, perhaps it's an older model.

Edited by Phil Conners

Is there any official word from Honda about the 250cc being launched in Thailand? Looks great.

I would like to point out that even though Thailand produces the Kawasaki Ninja 250, it is not sold on the local market. I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I seriously doubt that anytime soon there will be a change in the official policies. Also, it's kinda hard to get too excited about an aircooled single 250 that only puts out 23 HP and has a rear drum brake.

For anyone that has problems navigating Phil Conner's website; here's a direct link to the product page. For those who just want the facts here they are:

1. Type
    Air-cooled 4-stroke DOHC
  2. Displacement
    249cm3
  3. Max. Power Output
    24 hp at 8,000rpm
  4. Max. Torque
    2.48 kgf.m at 6,000rpm
  5. Fuel Tank Capacity
    16.5 Litres (Including 2.5 Litres reserve)
  6. Starter
    Electric
  7. Transmission Type
    6-speed
  8. Dry Weight
    135kg
  9. Country of Origin
    Brazil
  10. Recommended Retail Price
    $5800

Remember, a CBR150 R has a HP/cc ratio of 0.133 and the CBX250 is at 0.096.....if that matters to you. However, the HP/kilo ratio falls as this: CBR150 R 0.148 and CBX250 0.178.

Edited by dave_boo

Is there any official word from Honda about the 250cc being launched in Thailand? Looks great.

I would like to point out that even though Thailand produces the Kawasaki Ninja 250, it is not sold on the local market. I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I seriously doubt that anytime soon there will be a change in the official policies. Also, it's kinda hard to get too excited about an aircooled single 250 that only puts out 23 HP and has a rear drum brake.

Point taken dave but it would still be a step up on the offerings Honda have at the minute in the local market. Official policy may change though, BMW offer large bikes here now and I did read a thread about Kawasaki offering the 900cc Vulcan from a dealership in Bangkok. Seems rather strange that someone can buy a high performance Porche here but struggle to get a bike over 200cc. Will still keep my fingers crossed :o

Point taken dave but it would still be a step up on the offerings Honda have at the minute in the local market. Official policy may change though, BMW offer large bikes here now and I did read a thread about Kawasaki offering the 900cc Vulcan from a dealership in Bangkok. Seems rather strange that someone can buy a high performance Porche here but struggle to get a bike over 200cc. Will still keep my fingers crossed :D

To be honest, I wish they would introduce a vertical twin 250. Liquid cooled, a Pro-Arm rear with a fat tire, and the fuel in frame like a Buell. I guess maybe I should apply to Honda as a designer/engineer and see if I couldn't talk them into doing it. :o