Anyone Using True Cable Internet?

45louise

I'm using TOT hispeed internet 2mb.

Well.. I disconnected about 10times a day...

It's pain in the a**..

Could someone tell me about True cable internet?

How much they charge monthly?

And I don't expect fast speed..

But do we get dicsonnect time to time with cable internet?

ThankU

Good day

I'm using True cable. If I remember rightly it is just under 1000Bt/month

1mb conection

Speeds are normally pretty good and very consistent.

I have only had a few disconnections since I have used it (about 2yrs). So maybe get disconnected once in a few months if that.

You need to be in their service area - for example I am in the middle of the city.

1mb conection

I have only had a few disconnections since I have used it (about 2yrs). So maybe get disconnected once in a few months if that.

You need to be in their service area - for example I am in the middle of the city.

I went to True Cable's office about a month ago to inquire about their inernet service and was told "Sorry. Full."

1mb conection

I went to True Cable's office about a month ago to inquire about their inernet service and was told "Sorry. Full."

the way the cable works is similar to a internet cafe... A group of people need to sign up for it and split the cost... In my building Hillside 4 a group of people have it.. Its something like 20k baht a month and 10 or so people share it and split the expenses and don't want anymore people now competing for their bandwidth... If the group does not want to add more subscribers then a new group has organize and order.... I suppose one brave soul could order it and then worry about finding people to join but that could be expensive until the subscribes sign up.

True also has High speed DSL but is similar performance to the TTT and TOT offerings.

1mb conection

the way the cable works is similar to a internet cafe... A group of people need to sign up for it and split the cost... In my building Hillside 4 a group of people have it.. Its something like 20k baht a month and 10 or so people share it and split the expenses and don't want anymore people now competing for their bandwidth... If the group does not want to add more subscribers then a new group has organize and order.... I suppose one brave soul could order it and then worry about finding people to join but that could be expensive until the subscribes sign up.

True also has High speed DSL but is similar performance to the TTT and TOT offerings.

I'm sure that's not what they meant. They never gave me that option. I live in a house in the city. not an apartment, so I'm sure that the "group" deal wouldn't work, but they never even asked me where I live. After I got the "Full" answer, I called the former tenant in the house who had an individual True account (for about 1000 baht/month) until he moved out. He gave me all his account info. I called True, saying I was him and wanted to turn my service back on. They said "Sorry. Full."

Mines a 1024k acct and costs 970Bt/month

No group cost or package. Normally to say they are full, they should at least ask you where you live.

Or maybe you are outside their area of coverage.

How could I be outside their area of coverage? As I said, I called them making believe I was the former tenant. I gave them my account number from service that was turned off only 3 months earlier.

is it cable or DSL? Sounds like the DSL offering to me....

I don't know about Sally but that's what the former tenant was paying too. And yes, I know the difference from cable to DSL.

Anything like 1024 K at 970Bt/month would be a shared account meaning that you share those 1024 K with a group. I've heard about share ratios of 1/24, but it could be less. If you live in a house you may not know about the other guys, but actual bandwidth-wise the one line into your house wouldn't be any different than the condo dwellers sharing the one line that goes into their apartment block.

You might have the option to buy a non-shared account (business account) and get online in a few days. I think TRUE's 1024 K non-shared is about 8,000 baht per month, but they have down to 128 K for less than 2,000 B/m ... That doesn't sound as much speed, but try to divide the 1024 K shared with 24.

Edited by Cyberstar

Mines a 1024k acct and costs 970Bt/month

No group cost or package. Normally to say they are full, they should at least ask you where you live.

Or maybe you are outside their area of coverage.

How could I be outside their area of coverage? As I said, I called them making believe I was the former tenant. I gave them my account number from service that was turned off only 3 months earlier.

is it cable or DSL? Sounds like the DSL offering to me....

I don't know about Sally but that's what the former tenant was paying too. And yes, I know the difference from cable to DSL.

I don't have the True cable application form handy but the cable was not a home type service. (read business class) It was at least 5k baht a month and I seem to recall 15k or 20k for the fat pipes... Anyway as of 4 months ago or so when I got the application form the 1 or 2k baht services where just dsl home packages....

I'm on True close to CMU and it sux. 1k a month, and speeds are not worth it at all. It is usable for connected software like if you do sharetrading, but the bandwidth is not good for anything above that such as downloading. I think it's around 7-20k/sec most of the time. Occasionally up to 50k/sec

I am on TOT for 1 year and it started bad and is now terrible.

I usually get max of 3 - 4 mins and that's it until I disconnect and reconnect again and then get another 3 - 4 minutes.

Mae Rim area.

Living on internet cards which are a pain,but faster and work.....TOT adsl a con ?

Any suggestions?