Russian Assault/robbery On Soi 13

pauliepaul

You should know better.

Didn't your mother teach you, this and that.

You were drunk.

It was 4 AM.

Bad part of town.

etc, etc.

Assault and robbery are violent crimes, which all people should be protected from, by the police, or even by-standers. Taking no action against this behavior is to condone it. Being abusive towards the victim, shows the rest of us where your head is at.

It could have been worse. It could have been me!

But seriously, you got into a fight! It happens. At times I enjoy putting myself at danger and risking serious injury just for the fun of it. Most of the time you will get away with it. The thing to remember is to not look like a victim.

The other to remember is not to have anything someone bigger or badder will want to take. If I intend to delve into the murky depths I leave my wallet at home and just take cash, swap my sim card into my old pre-war Nokia and take an old Casio watch. Perfect.

Exactly. the "Kat" wants to chip in and knows better apparently :o

Just stay away from lowlife areas in Thailand, and indeed around the world, and your chance of getting hurt significanty reduces. How hard can this be to understand?

Well yes, I do know better than to take you seriously.

as they did nothing, then took the one we had caught home on the back of his bike on a route a taxi couldnt follow.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Nope..2 posts on this thread and total... its a a troll..easy :o

He probably gave it up as a lost cause considering SOME of the responses here :D . Wow, talk about blaming the victim....

Hope you guys never get in a situation here with the Police....

Its par for the course on this board with many posters.

The victim is either blamed or not beleived.

In all probability by billy no mates and keyboard hero's who really need to get a life (if they ever had one)

You should know better.

Didn't your mother teach you, this and that.

You were drunk.

It was 4 AM.

Bad part of town.

etc, etc.

Assault and robbery are violent crimes, which all people should be protected from, by the police, or even by-standers. Taking no action against this behavior is to condone it. Being abusive towards the victim, shows the rest of us where your head is at.

Bad part of town????

Never much trouble around there - a lot of 5* hotels country HQ of many brand name MNC's

I agree with the second half of your post.

The best advice is to stay away from Lower Sukhumvit at night.

It is the only place in Thailand I have seen underage girls working as prostitutes.

The only place in Thailand I have been offered hard drugs openly in a public (by a West African in Foodland Soi 5).

The only place in Thailand I have seen a brawl inside a bar featuring exclusively foreigners fighting each other.

With the amount of scum that hang around there by the law of averages trouble will come your way eventually.

Really Tud? - you frequent or have talked about frequenting Soi Cowboy and 22 - its known there are girls underage in the bar's there (underage legally to work there and for paid for sex).

Edited by Prakanong

Well, did you win money in the pool comp. maybe the guys were angry and wanted revenge.

Do you really have to go to lumpini police station for events on Sukumvit?

Late at night that area can be dangerous. As for foreigners attacking you, well its seems to be happening more. The Pattaya News is always catching some foreigner desperate for money doing some act.

Well, did you win money in the pool comp. maybe the guys were angry and wanted revenge.

Do you really have to go to lumpini police station for events on Sukumvit?

Late at night that area can be dangerous. As for foreigners attacking you, well its seems to be happening more. The Pattaya News is always catching some foreigner desperate for money doing some act.

Yes its Lumpini Station for that area - Thong Lor juridisction starts around Asoke I think.

Bad part of town????

Never much trouble around there - a lot of 5* hotels country HQ of many brand name MNC's

I arrived in bkk just after the new year bombs at the start of the year.

I got speaking to the taxi driver on the way to my hotel in suk. I asked if he thought there would be more bombing. he was unsure but claimed it wouldn't be in sukhumvit if there was as it's a safe area. :o

I was a bit surprised to hear suk described as a 'safe' area but tbh looking back, I've never felt uneasy there.

Bad part of town????

I arrived in bkk just after the new year bombs at the start of the year.

I got speaking to the taxi driver on the way to my hotel in suk. I asked if he thought there would be more bombing. he was unsure but claimed it wouldn't be in sukhumvit if there was as it's a safe area. :o

I was a bit surprised to hear suk described as a 'safe' area but tbh looking back, I've never felt uneasy there.

I have seen a couple of drunken fights there but nothing like any weekend night back home - and I have spent a lot of time in that area as I used to live / work close by and stay there now when visiting our BKK office.

When the bombs went off my friend who had gone to change ready for the night out after work came running back to tell me to get inside but nothing happened there as you say.

A colleague and her husband decided not to go out after the bombs - she had a baby 9 months later :D