Latest Edition Of Pattaya Today

Not to believe, it takes reports of first-hand experience saying that when they got their first retirement extension at Jomtien based on 800k in the bank they were made to sign a document that they understand that for future extensions the 800k must be in the bank at least 3 months before the application date, like for example this report:

I think you probably already realize how UNREASONABLE your suggestion is.

So to believe they are not following this "rule" at Jomtien, which they do not see as a rule at all there, you need people to be asked to sign a document about how they are NOT enforcing a "rule" they don't see as a rule? That will never happen, and you know it.

By that logic, you would need to see signed documents that applicants do not have to show a tatoo of Abba on their left buttock to qualify for extensions for you to believe we all don't have to get Abba butt tatoos (left side only!).

For one thing, you had better believe that MULTIPLE people have said the same thing I have, as well as the Pattaya Today dude. I agree it is not 100 percent proof. Thus my request for MORE REPORTS.

Edited by Jingthing

...Abba butt tatoos (left side only!)...

Last time I looked, rule 7.21 of Royal Thai Police Order No. 606/2549 said nothing about tattoos, but it required 800k in a bank account at least 3 months before the date of application. So if you get your retirement extension at Jomtien on Monday, 24 December 2007 and an immigration officer tells you that for subsequent applications the money does not have to be in the account for 3 months before application, then next year in early December you apply for your next extension with the money in your bank only for a few weeks and your application is refused because it does not meet the official requirements, what do you do then? Claiming that a year earlier you were informed verbally that this particular requirement would not apply to you won’t help, I fear.

Folks, dont't rush out and get that tattoo.

--

Maestro

Precisely. Don’t anybody hold your breath waiting for the Jomtien immigration office to make an official, ie written and signed, announcement that directly contradicts a requirement of Police Order 606/2549. Heads would be rolling very quickly in that office.

--

Maestro

Precisely. Don’t anybody hold your breath waiting for the Jomtien immigration office to make an official, ie written and signed, announcement that directly contradicts a requirement of Police Order 606/2549. Heads would be rolling very quickly in that office.

--

Maestro

I agree, but what's the worse that can happen if your money is "late"? You could start with a fresh O visa, not the end of the world exactly, or the end of your stay in Thailand.

Also, it depends on your personal risk taking profile. There is alot of evidence what I am saying about Jomtien policy is correct. People take actions everyday on available evidence.

Also consider Jomtien is enforcing that police order for FIRST time extensions.

Edited by Jingthing

"The so-called “retirement visa”, by official sources such as the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and some Thai consulates sometimes also called “long-stay visa”, is either a single-entry non-immigrant visa category O-A which grants its holder upon entry into Thailand a permission to stay for one year, or a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa category O-A which is valid for an unlimited number of entries into Thailand during the visa’s validity period, which is usually one year, and grants its holder upon each entry into Thailand a permission to stay for one year. These visas are available only at a Thai consulate".

1.is that mean i can use the visa 2 year if i am living every 2-3 month?

2.when i have to do my extension?

In the context of his article, His Excellency appears to refer to the annual extension of stay for the reason of retirement, the so-called retirement extension. Such application is made at an immigration office in Thailand.

1?.is it mean that retirement extension can be only for one entery

1. You can use for one year to come and go as you please and receive a new one year permitted to stay stamp on arrival. If you arrive just prior to the expiration of the one year visa validity you will still receive a stamp allowing a one year stay from that date but you can not travel or you will lose it. If you wish to travel during that (2nd) year you will have to obtain a re-entry permit first.

2. You do your extension during the last 30 days of your permitted to stay until stamp. If used for two years that would be month 23.

All extensions of stay are for a defined period - no entry (you are already in Thailand). Any travel/return requires a re-entry permit.

given the past poorly written articles and lack of citing sources not only would i suggest everyone not read the article but boycott the paper. how much shix has khun niels murdoch stirred up on this board with his flimsy articles?? far too much.

...how much shix has khun niels murdoch stirred up on this board with his flimsy articles...

i believe the op cited the most recent issue of PATTAYA TODAY as the source of the article he discussed (which in fact is so). it is my understanding that K. Niels is the owner/MD/whatever of the PATTAYA PEOPLE newspaper, TV, and radio empire (definitely a Thai mini-Murdoch in the making :o ) but to my knowledge he is not associated with Pattaya Today (yet).

I am from the US and the company administering my pension does not do written correspondence. Only phone and email. I can not even send them a letter. I must receive my pension electronically. They will not send me anthing other than email stating my pension benefits. Will that be acceptable? I read somewhere internet printouts are not accepted.

1. The US Embassy is not interested in the supporting paperwork - you sign paperwork of your income under oath and that is used for Immigration extensions of stay.

2. If any further proof was required by Immigration I am sure both emails and your Federal tax records would prove your Embassy statement to there satisfaction.

3. Internet printouts are what most people have these days.