How To Get My Ps3 Online

DragonQuest

Ya so I picked up a PS3 from MBK few days ago, works great but I cant get online , I have dsl cable in my room which requires a password to log-on, my PC is working fine getting online, so now im downloading a PS3 update for the new system to memory stick, to transfer to my PS3. If the update doest work, should I format PS3? I tried using the password to get online that I use for my pc, but thats as far as I get. Just gives me an error (80028EA8), I also Try regestering online but the http.asia.playstation.com website is udergoin Construction, which means I cant upgrade or register at this point?? The guy at MBK told me I can get 8 free demo games online, and he could do it for me, but I prefer to do it myself. Has anyone had any problems getting online with their PS3? any info would be great.

P.S last resort should I contact the building internet tech to have a look it maby? Might be the network firewall or router but I have no clue cause it could be 1 or some of these things ; ;><

Didi you try going into network settings and doing the connection test? This will tell you where it is having a problem. When I wanted to get online I just plugged the network cable in the back, and then under network connection settings, set up connection, automatic, and it found the net connection. However, if I am using wireless, I set it up manually, because there is a password, so maybe that's what you need to do, so you can enter a password? Settings / Network connection settings / set up connection manually).

got mine connected no problem. However the download speeds on 2mb TOT adsl for updates and anything from the playstation store is almost standstill.

I do wish Thailand would get their Net infrastructure sorted out its getting so frustrating now as more and more games / products etc are depending more and more on high speed internet connections.

Are you using the supplied DSL modem, that came from True or TOT? The one where you have to set it up almost as a Dailup connection?

If, so ditch it, go out and buy a proper DSL modem/router. I use a D-Link wireless ADSL router and I can connect my PS3 and XBox 360 to it and have never had any problems.

The PS3 prefers an always on connection. So get a modem that handles all of the connection stuff.

No I use a dedicated ADSL Wireless router (Dlink one and Netgear). Its just the download speeds due to the poor international backbone for Thailand through CAT. Purchasing / downloading anything from PS3 store is just total pain start it downloading and come back the next day.

Its the same if u run speedtest.net on a local Thailand server u get a speed of 1769ish on 2mb TOT adsl but u run it to a outside Thailand server such as US / Europe / Hong Kong u get 240-400ish.....

I agree with what your wasing about the speed test, and how bad it can be when going International sometimes, but with regards to downloading stuff from the ps3 store, I've always found it really fast, much faster then torrents, for example. I d/loaded warhawk (about 1gig) and it took about 40 minutes to complete. Same with demo's and stuff. They always come a lot quicker than anything else I download from torrent sites.

Edited by cowman1

• 1 year later...