What's The Correct Term For A Pattaya Residents...

Weho

Preface... is it possible, for once, for someone to start a simple topic, without having it hijacked, and turned into some evil, nasty thread? Let's try to keep this nice... remember, this is Jesus' birthday today or tomorrow... so no funny business...

So what are we called? I realized in different languages, it could be somewhat different... but in English, what would be the correct term?

OOOPS: the subject should read, what is the correct TERM.... but the edit function won't allow me to alter a subject... or maybe i just don't know how to do it... cause i'm concerend with other matters at the moment... like I wish my maid would hurry up and leave for the day, so I can swim naked, and not offend him/her.

Edited by bronco
corrected Title typo

Preface... is it possible, for once, for someone to start a simple topic, without having it hijacked, and turned into some evil, nasty thread? Let's try to keep this nice... remember, this is Jesus' birthday today or tomorrow... so no funny business...

So what are we called? I realized in different languages, it could be somewhat different... but in English, what would be the correct term?

OOOPS: the subject should read, what is the correct TERM.... but the edit function won't allow me to alter a subject... or maybe i just don't know how to do it... cause i'm concerend with other matters at the moment... like I wish my maid would hurry up and leave for the day, so I can swim naked, and not offend him/her.

Without question, Weho, it would be "Pattayans" in the USA (where the only truly proper English is spoken). :o

Most places don't have a word to describe its residents, so don't worry about it. It depends mostly on a favourable last syllable.

A "Pattaya resident" is good enough.

What is a Bangkok resident? A Bangkoker? A Bangkokian?

What is a Phuket resident? A Phuketan? A Phuketian?

How about Honolulu? A Honoluluan?

I vote for “Pattaya Residents”.

Incidentally, the offensive suggestions that have been made and deleted seemed to be aimed at Caucasian residents of Pattaya, while the OP made no such limitation. Let’s stay on topic.

--

Maestro

Pattayalifornians without a doubt.

Now I believe all Pattayalifornians want to have this term coined to associate them with the new gym that has brought Pattaya into the 21st century.

Mister Fingers, I will vote for whatever you suggest if you will simply grant me an introduction to the vision that is your avatar! :o

Any Thai people out there that could enlighten us if you have a specific term for Pattaya residents?

We would know more about the English part of it than they would, eh?

As Pattaya is in Thailand and most people living in Pattaya are Thai there may be a Thai term for people living there :o

There could then be a possibility to translate this term to English. In any case this would be just as valid as making up terms using Patsomethingsomething, eh?

So if anybody know, I would be interested to learn.