Isaan, Khon Kaen, Not Worth To Visit...

SamuiRep

SamuiRep,

Tell us where you went,what you did during your 48hrs in KK.

Prices the same as bankok!!!! What did you buy?

Please tell us what you expected. jeeeeez

You dont need to search for my mistakes,

i was in Khon Kaen 4 nights/5 days get totally bored & not 48 hours or did I mention, that I was only 2 days there ? no, I did NOT.

Price is not only the Same as Bangkok, was even more expensive than Samui & Bangkok :

1. I looked up to buy a PC for my Girlfriend, but in Bangkok are these cheaper

2. I went out to have a Dinner at one of these mongolian BBQ's, ( where you have the BBQ Grill on the Table) & there was a huge sign, 1 Person 189 Baht (!) 2 and more Person 99 Baht each (!) Even in Samui have much bigger sortiment and cost only 89 BAHT, even if somebody goes alone...

I think, this is enough to explain about "cheaper than BKK or somewhere else"

The People, specially men does not like Farangs over there. There was not 1 Man smiling, when he was looking to a Farang (or to me), but in Samui, Chaing Rai & Mai, Krabi, Phuket or even Pattaya the men are smiling. Why ? are they so unhappy there? They know you've come for their women! :o comon...

In their eyes, we are the poeple, which make bad influence to their daughters ( do we ?)

anyway, of course are People there & they likes this Place, but its really not worth to visit Khon Kaen in interest of Tourism, or to find a nice Isaan Girl (the Girls in BKK are still No.1 !!!)

By the way, even Samui offers much more for the money, than KK, even the accommodations are cheaper !

But, at the other side, I am happy, I was in KK, now i know, where i will FOR SURE NOT LIVE...

SamuiRep,

Tell us where you went,what you did during your 48hrs in KK.

Prices the same as bankok!!!! What did you buy?

Please tell us what you expected. jeeeeez

You dont need to search for my mistakes,

i was in Khon Kaen 4 nights/5 days get totally bored & not 48 hours or did I mention, that I was only 2 days there ? no, I did NOT.

Price is not only the Same as Bangkok, was even more expensive than Samui & Bangkok :

2. I went out to have a Dinner at one of these mongolian BBQ's, ( where you have the BBQ Grill on the Table) & there was a huge sign, 1 Person 189 Baht (!) 2 and more Person 99 Baht each (!) Even in Samui have much bigger sortiment and cost only 89 BAHT, even if somebody goes alone...

The People, specially men does not like Farangs over there. There was not 1 Man smiling, when he was looking to a Farang (or to me), but in Samui, Chaing Rai & Mai, Krabi, Phuket or even Pattaya the men are smiling. Why ? are they so unhappy there? comon...

In their eyes, we are the poeple, which make bad influence to their daughters ( do we ?)

anyway, of course are People there & they likes this Place, but its really not worth to visit Khon Kaen in interest of Tourism, or to find a nice Isaan Girl (the Girls in BKK are still No.1 !!!)

By the way, even Samui offers much more for the money, than KK, even the accommodations are cheaper !

But, at the other side, I am happy, I was in KK, now i know, where i will FOR SURE NOT LIVE...

Any credibility you MAY have had has been lost when you try to convice ppl that it is cheaper to live in Samui than KK. :o

Over and out trollster. :D

I prefer, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, even in Phuket or in Samui are the People more friendly.

Yeah; when you get past Loei, turn right and keep going, or if heading south please could the last one blow up the Sarasin Bridge!! LOVEDABLUES, I'm on your wave length. BTW, if we're lucky Yossarian will chime in soon !!!!

naw, Yossarian is busy purchasing his 'dream' South Carolina tract home. Those places are hard to beat, they come with a 'level lot' . :o

I prefer, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, even in Phuket or in Samui are the People more friendly.

Yeah; when you get past Loei, turn right and keep going, or if heading south please could the last one blow up the Sarasin Bridge!! LOVEDABLUES, I'm on your wave length. BTW, if we're lucky Yossarian will chime in soon !!!!

naw, Yossarian is busy purchasing his 'dream' South Carolina tract home. Those places are hard to beat, they come with a 'level lot' . :o

And aluminium siding for that real individual look

Have visited Khon Kaen for a couple of days, but after 2 years in thailand, this City is really not worth to Visit, if you are under 35 years of age.

the people are not very friendly, the surroundings aren't nice, not much to do in the city, except sitting in a Bar & drink.

I was in nearly all City's in Thailand, but Khon Kaen, I will not visit again.

Other people are saying, Khon Kaen would be nearly 50 cheaper than BKK or another City in TH, but thats not true. The prices are same like Bangkok.

Isaan is maybe something for people more than 50 years of age, thats what I have seen there, to many older Farangs. So, I understand, why the Locals do not like the Farangs here that much.

everybody has his own Idea about this Part of Thailand, but I was expecting much more from here.

Sad but true...

excuse for my bad english, it isn't my first or second Language, it is the third ones...

I agree with this post. Nothing in KK or Udon Thani for that matter. Move along, nothing to see there; Chiang Mai or Pattaya is where it's at.

Pattaya? Isn't that the place with the dirty beaches, overpriced real estate, all those obnoxious russians, the ladyboys, and one of the highest incidence of AID's in the Kingdom? I am not defending KK here, just pointing out the obvious about Pattaya. Some folks like a slower paced lifestyle with fresh air, clean water and no trafic jams ect. ect. and then there are those who like to live in a sewer, I will leave it up to you to figure out which is Issan and which is Patters :o

Having my locations dictated to me due to the nature of my (ex) work I lived in

many of the worlds backwaters. Not much oil, gas or gold in the suburbs.

Now that I can choose where to live I certainly would not choose the boonies of Thailand.

I suspect that many who live in the provinces do so as the location was chosen by their

wives rather than themselves.

Naka.

Fair comment Naka :o

I'm one of those types you talk about, but along with the same sentiments expressed by Gary A and BFG(Farang Conn), I am very happy with my lot.

Would it suit anyone else? I dont give a flying <deleted>. :D:D

Dave

I am with you Dave on this one and I don't even live in KK or Issan.

I live in a small moo baan in the cenrtal region about 65 km south west of any "farang" bars out in the country with my family and a few farang friends withing a 100 km radius and I love it.

My wife already had some land here and the main reason we lived in BKK was that I was working there. Job finished and within a year we moved up here. I could NEVER live full time in any of the big cities again.

:D:bah: :bah:

:D

[Person 99 Baht each (!) Even in Samui have much bigger sortiment and cost only 89 BAHT, even if somebody goes alone...

That's that then..................................I'm going no-where near KK is the food is 10baht dearer. Jeez, that's almost 12 pence.

okey, since 10 THB doesn't matter to you, I pay 10THB less next time I drop by, okey?

don't forget those unfreindly natives FC, Stick with samui op & the 100% genuine smiles from the local men. They really DO like you, yes you good man, good heart, they all lub you :D:o

And please don't forget ,that although I'm a 5'8" 59 year old, treble chinned tub of lard, to those beauties down there I am " a handsome man" :D

don't forget those unfreindly natives FC, Stick with samui op & the 100% genuine smiles from the local men. They really DO like you, yes you good man, good heart, they all lub you :D:o

And please don't forget ,that although I'm a 5'8" 59 year old, treble chinned tub of lard, to those beauties down there I am " a handsome man" :D

5'8" ha ha 5555

Have visited Khon Kaen for a couple of days, but after 2 years in thailand, this City is really not worth to Visit, if you are under 35 years of age.

the people are not very friendly, the surroundings aren't nice, not much to do in the city, except sitting in a Bar & drink.

I was in nearly all City's in Thailand, but Khon Kaen, I will not visit again.

Other people are saying, Khon Kaen would be nearly 50 cheaper than BKK or another City in TH, but thats not true. The prices are same like Bangkok.

Isaan is maybe something for people more than 50 years of age, thats what I have seen there, to many older Farangs. So, I understand, why the Locals do not like the Farangs here that much.

everybody has his own Idea about this Part of Thailand, but I was expecting much more from here.

Sad but true...

excuse for my bad english, it isn't my first or second Language, it is the third ones...

Go during the Silk Fair....Good luck finding a place to stay...oh but you might find Thai folk music and dance boring also. Were you able to find the night market? or did you just sit in the bar and drink?

*j*

Edited by Chung noi

Country areas are not for everyone. Please, feel free to stay in the city.

Originally, my first choice would have been Chiang Mai; but I'm quite happy in our ampur. Enough friends and things to do around here to keep me amused.

Where exactly am I? Sorry - it's so nice here I don't want it over-run with tourists.

Edited by pgs

When I first moved out to the boonies I met a Brit who was downright hostile. He told me that guys like me come and go and never last long. Eventually he decided that I was staying and we actually became friends. He does resent new farang faces and goes out of his way to ignore them. Not all of us are like that.

or to find a nice Isaan Girl (the Girls in BKK are still No.1 !!!)

No, the not-so-nice Isaan girls go to Bangkok. There are more gorgeous girls wandering about Surin than any where I have ever seen. Maybe a big problem for you lads is you cannot approach them with the question " How much?"

Here it is a case of " Would you like to come out to dinner?" I think most of my friends that have beautiful girls around here used the latter chat up line. Although most of the visitors to Pattaya don't really know what " dinner" is. They think it's what you leave in a pile on the pavement just before retiring to bed.

Oh, and don't forget " Been there,done it"

That looks very much like a "typo" to me. In my travels around Isaan I've never seen anything like that before. Notwithstanding this, if you saw the huge sign before you went in, why did you not try somewhere else?

How much was the beer, BTW?

J

or to find a nice Isaan Girl (the Girls in BKK are still No.1 !!!)

And where might the BKK girls you meet be from?

Surely NOT from BKK, as the BKK girls would not always appreciate a "economically careful" guy like you.