Best Place To Go For Non Immigrant O Multi Entry Besides Uk

There is nothing of dubious legality about it.. You travel outside of Thailand and apply for a visa, its 100% legal and permissable.

Secondly when you have 2 passports theres no 'entry exit chop' trail thats red flagging your location. That makes no actual difference but means you dont have to explain anything to the immigration officer who may not like the dual passport thing.

Posting a passport to a different country and back again, 100% legal? I wonder. Have you read the terms and conditions at the front of your UK passport recently? Who do you think the passport actually belongs to, in law?

Thanks for confirming that without 2 passports your method is potentially problematic.

Yes perfectly legal.. Try writing to the British embassy about it (as I have) they will confirm you can send a second passport to apply for a visa.. I have posted emails on all this on here but mods delete them as they say you cannot verify if they are real. Also consider this.. Some countries dont have an embassy here.. How do you apply for a visa ?? Of course the answer is you must post your application to them.

As to the passport notes.. Yes I have read them (maybe your referring to the point 7 Caution about taking care of your passport ?).. What point explicity says you cannot post your passport internationally for a visa ??

As you've read them, you'll have noted that the passport belongs to the UK government, not you, and can only be given or produced to 'authorised persons'. Who authorises you to hand your passport to a couriser to go abroad with it, you? But, the passport doesn't actually belong to you, in law. Do you really think in this day and age of terrorism, etc that governments would be happy about passports being posted outside a country away from the passport subject's possession and control and without passing through entry/exit procedures? Do put up your reply from the British Embassy, I'd love to see it.

Any possibility of getting above in Dubai? Failing that KL or Singapore? Reason would have to be visiting family.

I got my Non Immigrant O-A in Dubai, but they would only accept applications from people who were legally resident in the UAE and employed there. Not sure if that would apply to other forms of the Non Immigrant O, but I seem to recall in years past when I wanted the 60 day Tourist Visa that they wanted confirmation of my continuing employment in the UAE as well as photocopies of my UAE residency/employment visa.

Edited by Kaojai

how do I get a second passport? would be pretty useful for me...

Ask the government authority of your country that is in charge of issuing passports. They will probably want to know why you need it.

--

Maestro

how do I get a second passport? would be pretty useful for me...

Ask the government authority of your country that is in charge of issuing passports. They will probably want to know why you need it.

--

Maestro

What are the possible reasons for needing more than one passport? I can't think of any situations where it would be needed but I am interesting in hearing reason from others who have done this.

I can think of times when it may be useful but not of reasons why it would be needed...

Reasons for a second passport: Dual nationality

Some countries used to issue second passports for people with reasons to visit both Israel and certain Arab countries.

Any possibility of getting above in Dubai? Failing that KL or Singapore? Reason would have to be visiting family.

I got my Non Immigrant O-A in Dubai, but they would only accept applications from people who were legally resident in the UAE and employed there. Not sure if that would apply to other forms of the Non Immigrant O, but I seem to recall in years past when I wanted the 60 day Tourist Visa that they wanted confirmation of my continuing employment in the UAE as well as photocopies of my UAE residency/employment visa.

I have been obtaining a 1 year multi O non immigrant visa in the UAE for the last 5 years, and have never had a residents visa. How long ago since you received your visa, and please advise what type of visa is a O-A ?. At present i am in Doha, i went to the Thai embassy there last week and enquired if they can provide me with a one year multi O, they informed me i need a letter from my sponser in Doha along with all the normal papers. I am heading to the UAE at the end of this month and will try to get my visa there. Will report my findings after my visit to the embassy.

You have "No thai spouse/relatives" but are asking if any issue for "visiting relatives". Yes they do; but you do not seem to qualify.

Ok so putting visiting relatives for reason why wanting visa not acceptable in KL/Singapore? I live in Phuket, my property is here, my farang family are here, etc etc so any suggestions what to put to get visa in say KL? If I cannot the visa again in KL I'll have to go back UK where I can put visiting relatives no questions asked.

Thanks Kaojai for Dubai answer, thought it might have been a long shot but as DSF coming up would have been nice!

Has anyone here applied for a Type O visa from UK without actually living in the UK? I have been to most of the Thai Embassy websites and it seems that UK is the only one who will give an extended stay visa without actually having family or work in Thailand.

Please advise.